Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7A Proposal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76

    Well it’s all up to the UIL to mess things up and I’m not holding my breath…🥳🥳🥳

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Nsalumni

      Only way you guys get a regional title is if they drop you in an incredibly watered down region, like Southlake in 2005-6, Allen in 12/14, and Katy every year they are in D2.
      You're not the first doubter, wont be the last. Just have to wait and see like everyone else.
      State Champions: '98 '09 '10 '11 '13 '14 '16 '18 '19 '20 '22
      State Finalist: '74 '17
      State Semifinalist: '72 '97 '04 '06 '07 '15
      State Quarterfinalist: '96 '99 '02 '03 '05
      Regional Finalist: '67 '68 '70 '77 '00 '01 '21
      Area Finalist: '08 '12
      Bi-District Finalist: '62 '71 '73 '76 '81 '87 '88

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by aledoalumni
        You're not the first doubter, wont be the last. Just have to wait and see like everyone else.
        Any knew news on what Aledo iSD does with the campus expansion plan? Is the plan still for the one HS to grow and grow and grow….!?!?

        Sounds like things are in good hands with Jones. I mean, Aledo didn’t miss a beat when Buc stepped away last time, and Jones sounds like the perfect in-house hire to keep things rolling along.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by aledoalumni

          You're not the first doubter, wont be the last. Just have to wait and see like everyone else.
          You have to recognize the subtlety and brilliance of a Nsalumni insult. While he ostensibly grazed Aledo with an insult, his true targets were SLC, Allen, and particularly Katy who(m) he struck directly, like an axe in the bullseye. You were just a stop on the way.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by 92Tiger

            Any knew news on what Aledo iSD does with the campus expansion plan? Is the plan still for the one HS to grow and grow and grow….!?!?

            Sounds like things are in good hands with Jones. I mean, Aledo didn’t miss a beat when Buc stepped away last time, and Jones sounds like the perfect in-house hire to keep things rolling along.
            Aledo Bond 2023 / AGC Long-range plan for growth (aledoisd.org)
            State Champions: '98 '09 '10 '11 '13 '14 '16 '18 '19 '20 '22
            State Finalist: '74 '17
            State Semifinalist: '72 '97 '04 '06 '07 '15
            State Quarterfinalist: '96 '99 '02 '03 '05
            Regional Finalist: '67 '68 '70 '77 '00 '01 '21
            Area Finalist: '08 '12
            Bi-District Finalist: '62 '71 '73 '76 '81 '87 '88

            Comment


            • #81
              Not 6A related, but could have been. (a little old)


              Argyle ISD adopts 10-year growth plan, will add high school

              ...

              The district has doubled in enrollment — from nearly 2,500 students to 5,000 — in a little more than five years. It expects to serve nearly 12,000 students in 2032-33, and this rapid growth has created a need for more instructional space within the district. Voters approved a $268 million bond election in May 2022 for the district to build two more elementary schools and one middle school campus to accommodate that growth.

              The district expects to call another bond election in 2024 or 2025 to get voter approval for funding for a sixth elementary school, another new middle school campus and additions at the Canyon Falls and Hwy 377 high school campuses. The district’s new growth plan calls for the district to stick to having only one high school until it reaches enrollment of 2,700 students, then split into two separate 5A 9-12 high schools, one in at the new Argyle High School in Canyon Falls and the other at the old high school on Hwy 377. AHS currently has about 1,500 students, according to the district.

              ...

              Many residents want Argyle to remain a one-high-school district. Members of an AISD High School Planning Committee last year thought that the best solution for the growth problem was to have a 9th grade campus and a main Argyle High School for grades 10-12, but board members went with the two-high-school plan instead.

              “In terms of this school spirit deal, you know, we’re still one Eagles, just two nests,” said Dr. John Bitter.



              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by pied
                Not 6A related, but could have been. (a little old)


                Argyle ISD adopts 10-year growth plan, will add high school

                ...

                The district has doubled in enrollment — from nearly 2,500 students to 5,000 — in a little more than five years. It expects to serve nearly 12,000 students in 2032-33, and this rapid growth has created a need for more instructional space within the district. Voters approved a $268 million bond election in May 2022 for the district to build two more elementary schools and one middle school campus to accommodate that growth.

                The district expects to call another bond election in 2024 or 2025 to get voter approval for funding for a sixth elementary school, another new middle school campus and additions at the Canyon Falls and Hwy 377 high school campuses. The district’s new growth plan calls for the district to stick to having only one high school until it reaches enrollment of 2,700 students, then split into two separate 5A 9-12 high schools, one in at the new Argyle High School in Canyon Falls and the other at the old high school on Hwy 377. AHS currently has about 1,500 students, according to the district.

                ...

                Many residents want Argyle to remain a one-high-school district. Members of an AISD High School Planning Committee last year thought that the best solution for the growth problem was to have a 9th grade campus and a main Argyle High School for grades 10-12, but board members went with the two-high-school plan instead.

                “In terms of this school spirit deal, you know, we’re still one Eagles, just two nests,” said Dr. John Bitter.



                https://www.crosstimbersgazette.com/...igh-school/​
                I wonder if that is a mistake. I guess it depends on what they expect for peak enrollment but a look at the Grapevine ISD might give them something to ponder.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Nothing earth shattering but worth the read of you’re a subscriber.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by aledoalumni

                    You're not the first doubter, wont be the last. Just have to wait and see like everyone else.
                    I’m not a doubter, I think Aledo will do fine
                    “Football is tough, it is much tougher in Division 1” -coach at Katy

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by slcdragonfan

                      I wonder if that is a mistake. I guess it depends on what they expect for peak enrollment but a look at the Grapevine ISD might give them something to ponder.
                      If I have to ponder anything about Grapevine ISD, it's "what the f**k is that" lol.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by pied
                        Nothing earth shattering but worth the read of you’re a subscriber.
                        Does he think 7A will happen in 2024 or will it be 2026?

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by CapitalTiger

                          Does he think 7A will happen in 2024 or will it be 2026?


                          You can ask him Matt.Stepp


                          Overall it seems like the time isn't quite there yet.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by CapitalTiger

                            Does he think 7A will happen in 2024 or will it be 2026?
                            I think 2026. I'd be surprised if they did it next year, or if they didn't do it by 2028. I think Matt has also said 2026.
                            Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I think 2026. I'd be surprised if they did it next year, or if they didn't do it by 2028. I think Matt has also said 2026.
                              That seems to be what everyone is "saying".

                              Of couse the UIL can always be counted on to do something totally unexpected, especially when it comes to realignment...

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by ChapDad

                                I think 2026. I'd be surprised if they did it next year, or if they didn't do it by 2028. I think Matt has also said 2026.
                                It's very unlikely to happen in 2026. Most of the coaches and administration want things to stay exactly the way they are

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎