Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katy (13-0) vs Houston C.E. King (9-4), Friday 7:00 pm at Houston's NRG Stadium

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by rfuego72 View Post

    Cardae Mack looks more to me as an athlete playing QB than a legit QB, he is a phenomenal runner. BUT again...and I only got to see him play against Katy Freshman red team when they gave Katy Red their only loss of the season 18-15....He was a handful in the first half and made a bunch of really nice runs. If you watch his HUDL highlights from his freshman season, they are mainly very nice runs with some throws here and there. I am not saying he can't throw the ball, but looks more like an athlete playing QB who has a solid enough arm....
    I echo that. He’s also leaps and bounds above the freshman levels, so much that it’s actually funny watching him mess around with them, but he does need to develop his throwing ability. That being said, his ceiling and potential is much higher than Zion Brown’s, so I’m looking forward to see how he develops.

    Here’s Cardae Mack’s HUDL if anyone is interested: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1807057...c8cd0ab869af95
    Last edited by Cmb149; 11-28-2022, 11:35 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Boom....'Cita thread!

      Slobberknocker is right about this King team having good balance. Mostly different offense than Katy saw last year, where they ran that Wildcat package with a great runner in Wimbley (now graduated). I must have missed it earlier that the QB from last year's King team transferred to New Caney for this year.

      Keith Willis Jr (RB) for King will be another good test for the Katy run D -- definitely a strength vs. strength right here. Was he even on the team last year? I have Willis for about 550 yards rushing through 3 playoff games so far.

      The one thing I can say about King after looking at some of their games against 'Cita and North Shore....their offense REALLY sputtered against two great defenses. King's defense kept them in the game for about 14 minutes against NS, but offense production was negative yards on 2-3 series there...and then NS broke it open in the 2nd quarter, game over.
      Last edited by 92Tiger; 11-28-2022, 12:34 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ray1301 View Post
        Stats from the Summer Creek game -

        Team stats
        Katy Summer Creek
        First downs 21 14
        Yards rushing 53-332 17-83
        Yards passing 92 221
        Passes 17-34-1-0 8-15-2-0
        Punts 4-43 5-38
        Fumbles-lost 0-0 1-1
        Penalty-yards 3-23 6-35
        Not to nitpick...but thinking the passing stats look backward.

        Koger's arm might fall off or Coach Joseph might have a heart attack if Katy is throwing the ball 34 times!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by 92Tiger View Post

          Not to nitpick...but thinking the passing stats look backward.

          Koger's arm might fall off or Coach Joseph might have a heart attack if Katy is throwing the ball 34 times!
          You're right of course. That's how they were posted in the Katy Times. /shrug

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Slobberknocker View Post

            If I'm not mistaken, King is a much more balanced offense than they've been. In previous years, run to pass yardage ratio has been in the 70/30 range. This year they are around 55/45.
            If the defense can make a few stops and be disciplined, and the offense can execute without shooting themselves in the foot, this will be a much closer game than most think it will be.

            Oh and proof of the 55/45 ratio is below.
            5257 total yards
            2941 rushing yards (55.9%)
            2316 passing yards (44.1%)
            When I watched King play they looked to be about 70/30 run to pass ratio. Those passing yards must come against subpar teams or in garbage time because when I see them play good teams I don't see them getting a lot of passing yards.

            King being disciplined is going to be hard their the Eastside version of Westfield

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

              When I watched King play they looked to be about 70/30 run to pass ratio. Those passing yards must come against subpar teams or in garbage time because when I see them play good teams I don't see them getting a lot of passing yards.

              King being disciplined is going to be hard their the Eastside version of Westfield
              Need to watch more film. One of two things will happen...play clean and execute on both sides of the ball and make it a game, or make costly mistakes (stupid penalties that won't let the defense off the field on 3rd down or put the offense behind the chains) and get blown out.
              One thing that won't happen is that the mystique and aura of Katy Football will not intimidate them. They are as physical as any team Katy has faced and more physical than most.

              Comment


              • #37
                Katy will not have any trouble with King. My hats off to King for their accomplishments this year and making it to R3. They are not there yet but what a run they’ve had.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Slobberknocker View Post

                  Need to watch more film. One of two things will happen...play clean and execute on both sides of the ball and make it a game, or make costly mistakes (stupid penalties that won't let the defense off the field on 3rd down or put the offense behind the chains) and get blown out.
                  One thing that won't happen is that the mystique and aura of Katy Football will not intimidate them. They are as physical as any team Katy has faced and more physical than most.
                  I don't need to watch more film I've watched all the film against top teams, what they do against sub .500 teams don't matter. Katy is a different animal especially when they hitting on all cylinders. King doesn't have the offense or the discipline to beat Katy their going to self implode like they always do

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The matchups for King against Katy are quite different than against NS, Cita, and Allen due to both scheme and size. King's D can and likely will pose challenges to the Katy offense, most notably due to their talent and length on the ends. Last years game looks quite different without Katy hitting some key passing plays at crucial times under duress. The margins are finer than y'all might think. Yes, I expect Katy to win, possibly handily, but that would be down to excellent execution. King can give us fits. The QB run game for them will be a challenge to defend.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Are they selling tickets online for this? I didnt see them at the booster club site

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by dane View Post
                        Are they selling tickets online for this? I didnt see them at the booster club site
                        Katy Tigers
                        Nine-Time State Champions
                        1959 1997 2000
                        2003 2007 2008
                        2012 2015 2020

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Thanks

                          Comment


                          • #43

                            no!!!!!!!! Don’t buy it!!!!

                            This link is for 4AD2 Region 3 Final Silsbee vs Cuero

                            Click image for larger version  Name:	249A0CBC-7CC4-4101-894C-2313FC3A6861.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.8 KB ID:	724773

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by dane View Post

                              Thanks
                              Wrong tickets!!!! See the pic above….

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TD>FG View Post

                                Wrong tickets!!!! See the pic above….
                                The link is good... ticket purchased from the link is good for both games. Ticketmaster buried that detail in the 'additional info'

                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20221128-214900_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	328.3 KB ID:	724781

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X