No announcement yet.

Katy (13-0) vs Houston C.E. King (9-4), Friday 7:00 pm at Houston's NRG Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katy (13-0) vs Houston C.E. King (9-4), Friday 7:00 pm at Houston's NRG Stadium

Should be a good one in rematch from 2021 when Katy won 41-24. King has some weapons but plays in arguably the toughest 6A district in the state, so unlikely to be intimidated. Katy looked probably better than they have all year in the win against Summer Creek. Does King have the ability to force Katy to put it in the air to sustain drives? Can King exploit Katy's D on the edges and down the field with their passing game? Can anyone run on Katy? How many Dripping Springs scouts will be at this one?
    Katy wins and looks great
    72.92%
    Katy wins but looks ho hum
    16.67%
    King wins
    10.42%

The poll is expired.

Game will be over before halftime. I'll be surprised if King can keep it close

Comment

Katy by 40+
      “Football is tough, it is much tougher in Division 1” -coach at Katy

Comment

Katy up 28-0 midway thru Q2. Then the game officially ends about 90 minutes later.
        Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

Katy by Fawty.

Comment

Originally posted by ChapDad View Post
            Katy up 28-0 midway thru Q2. Then the game officially ends about 90 minutes later.
            That was the score after the first quarter

Comment

They still play games at NRG? Haven't seen a HS game there since 2019.

Comment

It’s beyond me that they booked this game here and not the game for North Shore vs. Atascocita.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmb149 View Post
                  It’s beyond me that they booked this game here and not the game for North Shore vs. Atascocita.
                  Texans didn't want to get shown up THAT bad. Gotta maintain the illusion of a professional organization.

Comment

Wow, this game will be close enough to my home, that I'll actually be able to get to see it in person.
                    The Katy Tigers 2003-2022: 269-25

Comment

Originally posted by Nsalumni View Post
                      Katy by 40+
                      School of Simple?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ClearSpringsFan62 View Post
                        There was a game there on Black Friday.
                        The Katy Tigers 2003-2022: 269-25

Comment

When Kenny Harrison tells Coach Joseph after the game that C.E. King has the biggest, nastiest DLine in 21-6A....

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1213
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	724206

Comment

Originally posted by ClearSpringsFan62 View Post
                            I think Harris Co. Covid policies wiped out 2020. I don't remember any games last year, but not sure why.

Could be a case of games just slowly coming back there.

I wish I better understood the economics of using NRG for a game like this, especially when you'd have plenty of neutral options for games in ISDs like Cypress, Klein, Tomball, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 92Tiger View Post

I think Harris Co. Covid policies wiped out 2020. I don't remember any games last year, but not sure why.

Could be a case of games just slowly coming back there.

I wish I better understood the economics of using NRG for a game like this, especially when you'd have plenty of neutral options for games in ISDs like Cypress, Klein, Tomball, etc.
                              Coach Joseph has told me numerous times that taking the weather out of the equation is preferred this time of year. That and you're going to eventually have to play indoors if you make it that far.
                              https://twitter.com/msilvers1979

Comment

Working...
                              X