Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R3 Final - Cita 11-2 vs North Shore (13-0) 7 p.m. Fri 12/2 New Caney's Randall Reed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • R3 Final - Cita 11-2 vs North Shore (13-0) 7 p.m. Fri 12/2 New Caney's Randall Reed

    NS has its doubters and plenty of us arm chair QB's and so far it has made for good conversation. Questions like - Who do we need to QB from this point on? Why are we not putting our best players on special teams for EVERY kick off? I am sure we do but why don't we put enough practice into kickoff coverage to make sure the opposing team is not starting at the 40 or the other side of the 50? Some of the questions that if there is no answers come next week, well our season might be cut short.

    There is no mystery to this RIVALRY... Each team knows each other very well but the biggest difference this year is the Cita Defense. We was able to muster 369 Total yards last game but 205 yards rushing was to what is now our backup QB David Amador. So, what gives? I keep saying this but the coaching staff raises a LOT of questions it seems each and every game but seems to ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN AGAINST WHO IS IN FRONT OF US THAT PRODUCES VICTORIES. I think this game will be no exception to that.

    Cita offense is on a roll. Yesterday in terrible conditions - 552 Total yards - 253 passing and 299 rushing. Brown completed 21-of-37 passes for 253 yards. He also rushed for 101 yards on 11 attempts. Blaylock finished with 200 yards on 26 carries, and Gill led the receiving corps with four catches for 80 yards. Claude Slaughter added six grabs for 66.

    Atascocita is 2-6 against the Mustangs dating back to 2016 and has lost five straight in the series. The Eagles were eliminated from last year’s playoffs with a 44-20 defeat. Atascocita narrowed the gap this year during the regular season, falling 16-13 while giving North Shore its toughest test.

    Atascocita has reached a regional championship game for the fifth time in eight years. The Eagles also made state quarterfinal appearances in 2015, 2016, 2019 and 2021. The program has only broken through to the state semifinals once before, in 2016.

    What Say You?????
    53
    North Shore wins
    73.58%
    39
    Atascocita wins
    26.42%
    14

    The poll is expired.

    Last edited by North Shore Mike; 11-26-2022, 08:18 AM.

  • #2
    NS has to clean up the penalties and stupid mistakes. Big difference between aggressive and undisciplined.

    Comment


    • #3
      How good is Cita's Oline is my question. I have watched NS last two games and their front 7 has been the bedrock of this team.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by North Shore Mike View Post
        NS has its doubters and plenty of us arm chair QB's and so far it has made for good conversation. Questions like - Who do we need to QB from this point on?
        I resemble that remark, sir.

        I will put it like this... when you have to call in your second QB to get you out of trouble, when your starting QB has you 3rd and forever...?
        Maybe that second QB should be your starting QB.... just saying...
        Simple mathematics... 4aQB ( 8 > 3 )

        Reguardless, I try and get out to every game, raining or not to support the HS that I graduated from.

        Comment


        • #5
          The first game “should” of been 16-0 if not for some called/non call penalties.

          Cita’s qb cannot beat you throwing the ball. So the mustangs need to force him to throw. I don’t see him being a factor running as we will probably have a spy on him. Citas defense is really good and they will be extra motivated. But as seen there is some things that can be exposed.

          i think NS wins 17-7, or 20-10. Low scoring.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think we see 2 upsets in the Quarterfinals...this game is one of them.

            Comment


            • #7
              The district matchup was a big one for Atascocita, they needed to win that game for a physiological mindset of they can beat this NS team. But it didn't happen, you had them on the ropes and couldn't finish the job. Will this ring true on Friday night again, in my opinion, NS wins, not based on talent, but based on that winning mentality, they just know how to win this time of year, Atascocita is still trying to figure out how to win in December. But I will say this, if there EVER was a time that Atascocita would win, this is the year, this is the time. With that said, NS wins 28-24, Amador scores 3 TD's and rushes for the winning TD. Merry Christmas to all.
              Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth!!!!!!


              -Mike Tyson

              Comment


              • #8
                " when you have to call in your second QB to get you out of trouble, when your starting QB has you 3rd and forever...?
                Maybe that second QB should be your starting QB​"


                This is the way I see it also. Amador is simply just a better option. At some point NS QB is going to have to make some plays and they will not be able to dismiss 1st and second down before bringing in the closer.
                Last edited by Grainraiser; 11-26-2022, 05:14 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Squirrel88 View Post

                  I resemble that remark, sir.

                  I will put it like this... when you have to call in your second QB to get you out of trouble, when your starting QB has you 3rd and forever...?
                  Maybe that second QB should be your starting QB.... just saying...
                  Simple mathematics... 4aQB ( 8 > 3 )

                  Reguardless, I try and get out to every game, raining or not to support the HS that I graduated from.

                  It’s nothing wrong with mixing it up at the QB position. Especially in those type of situations it keep the defense on their heels. #8 has had his share of mediocrity playing QB as well but he’s a playmaker & always come thru in clutch moments for the team. I like what Kay is doing with him he’s forcing defenses to account for him at both positions. #3 didn’t have the best game yesterday but he played a clean turnover free game & made some throws moving the chains.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 2000NSMustang!!! View Post
                    The district matchup was a big one for Atascocita, they needed to win that game for a physiological mindset of they can beat this NS team. But it didn't happen, you had them on the ropes and couldn't finish the job. Will this ring true on Friday night again, in my opinion, NS wins, not based on talent, but based on that winning mentality, they just know how to win this time of year, Atascocita is still trying to figure out how to win in December. But I will say this, if there EVER was a time that Atascocita would win, this is the year, this is the time. With that said, NS wins 28-24, Amador scores 3 TD's and rushes for the winning TD. Merry Christmas to all.
                    NS coaching and their mindset is a big part of their success but you need to have the necessary talent which they have. You can have the best coaches in the world but if you don't have the talent you are not going to be a consistent contender.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Squirrel88 View Post

                      I resemble that remark, sir.

                      I will put it like this... when you have to call in your second QB to get you out of trouble, when your starting QB has you 3rd and forever...?
                      Maybe that second QB should be your starting QB.... just saying...
                      Simple mathematics... 4aQB ( 8 > 3 )

                      Reguardless, I try and get out to every game, raining or not to support the HS that I graduated from.
                      Resemble is accurate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 2000NSMustang!!! View Post
                        The district matchup was a big one for Atascocita, they needed to win that game for a physiological mindset of they can beat this NS team. But it didn't happen, you had them on the ropes and couldn't finish the job. Will this ring true on Friday night again, in my opinion, NS wins, not based on talent, but based on that winning mentality, they just know how to win this time of year, Atascocita is still trying to figure out how to win in December. But I will say this, if there EVER was a time that Atascocita would win, this is the year, this is the time. With that said, NS wins 28-24, Amador scores 3 TD's and rushes for the winning TD. Merry Christmas to all.
                        This has to be the most unintended grammatically incorrect sentence I’ve read in a long while.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Duckunder View Post

                          Resemble is accurate.
                          I know, I put it that way on purpose.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Grainraiser View Post
                            How good is Cita's Oline is my question. I have watched NS last two games and their front 7 has been the bedrock of this team.
                            Their offensive line is mediocre. The entire offense isn’t something to rave about.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think NS wins by more than they won by last time. This time of the year there is nothing left to hold back you let it all hang out. I think NS has been playing conservative the past few weeks but they let it all out this game.

                              Atascocita comes in with extra motivation to knock off the champs and make it to the state semifinals for the second time in school history.

                              I doubt Atascocita has anything close to what they had last night in the rushing department so the key is going to be Zion Brown making plays, and the Atascocita WRs getting open.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X