Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Creek and Marshall are Region 3 Track Champs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

Nonsensical babble. Texas went h2h with these fast kids from Fla and Cali in the relays and Texas blew them out. The SEC 200m champ is a Texan another, Achane, made the 100m finals. The NFL combine fastest time this year were Texans
    I’ve never heard of humidity helping with speed..lol
    Altitude helps a lot as in Bob Beamon in 1968 olympics with 29’2 plus long jump and the Kenyan runners who are born and bred at altitude and come to sea level to gain oxygen.
    Pieter Manea of Italy had the 200 meter world record at 19.73 for years but it was altitude record as they say.
    There is absolutely no advantage in running in humidity but probably an opposite effect? That’s a lame excuse or just a way to take from the Texas superiority in Track snd field.

Comment

Originally posted by Gator4ever View Post

I’ve never heard of humidity helping with speed..lol
      Altitude helps a lot as in Bob Beamon in 1968 olympics with 29’2 plus long jump and the Kenyan runners who are born and bred at altitude and come to sea level to gain oxygen.
      Pieter Manea of Italy had the 200 meter world record at 19.73 for years but it was altitude record as they say.
      There is absolutely no advantage in running in humidity but probably an opposite effect? That’s a lame excuse or just a way to take from the Texas superiority in Track snd field.
      I don't think they were saying humidity helped. I think they were saying the lack of humidity in Texas, except GHA 😂, helps and the massive humidity in Florida hinders their times, in relation to the nation's best times. It's BS though.

Comment

Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post

I don't think they were saying humidity helped. I think they were saying the lack of humidity in Texas, except GHA 😂, helps and the massive humidity in Florida hinders their times, in relation to the nation's best times. It's BS though.
        Now I’m confused because it’s both humid here and also in Florida…Houston area’s advantage is competition.
        If you look at California with varying weather but some really great weather areas you can see how that helps but it helps to make the competition better actually.
        California has great distance and middle distance as well as sprinters. This year Summer Creek’s guy ran a 1:50 800 but in California in one race two brothers ran 1:48 each and both of them never ran the 800 all year.
        All in all it’s the completion around you that makes the difference???

Comment

Originally posted by Gator4ever View Post

Now I’m confused because it’s both humid here and also in Florida…Houston area’s advantage is competition.
          If you look at California with varying weather but some really great weather areas you can see how that helps but it helps to make the competition better actually.
          California has great distance and middle distance as well as sprinters. This year Summer Creek’s guy ran a 1:50 800 but in California in one race two brothers ran 1:48 each and both of them never ran the 800 all year.
          All in all it’s the completion around you that makes the difference???
          Yeah but Florida humidity slows you down more than Houston humidity
          Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

Working...
          X