Official St. John Bosco - Allen thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiredUp View Post
    As long as he has more talent he’ll win the majority of the time…

Props to Allen for taking the challenge. I hope they make a game out of it, but I’d be shocked if this one were in doubt for more than a few minutes. It will probably get very ugly.
    I’m thinking Allen will give it to Bosch in more ways than three. May not win but the only thing that will probably be ugly is the ability to predict that Bosch will roll Allen. ugly is a stretch in every case…lol🤬🤬🤬

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator4ever View Post

I’m thinking Allen will give it to Bosch in more ways than three. May not win but the only thing that will probably be ugly is the ability to predict that Bosch will roll Allen. ugly is a stretch in every case…lol🤬🤬🤬
      I think optimistically on this one but the game could very well get out of hand for Allen. Their still trying to work in a new system and make the adjustments to get back to an elite level.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

Allen won’t win and I doubt they get embarrassed only b/c they weren’t perceived as the program Duncanville was perceived as.
        If they get beat by 30+ they will be embarrassed. Any time a team from California comes to Texas and beats the Texas team it's skins on the wall for them. I'm 99% sure were going to hear how "Cali Ball" came and took over Texas and how they own the state.

I just saw a article a few days ago on a site that ranked Duncanville Katy Allen as the top three most popular teams in the state.

We all know where they rank in the hierarchy of things these days in the state but everyone else still thinks their the elite program of the state

Comment

• Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

If they get beat by 30+ they will be embarrassed. Any time a team from California comes to Texas and beats the Texas team it's skins on the wall for them. I'm 99% sure were going to hear how "Cali Ball" came and took over Texas and how they own the state.

I just saw a article a few days ago on a site that ranked Duncanville Katy Allen as the top three most popular teams in the state.

We all know where they rank in the hierarchy of things these days in the state but everyone else still thinks their the elite program of the state
          It’s not embarrassing because Allen has taken a beating as recently as last year, unlike DV that ran through the DFW like a hot knife through butter. DV has hurt TX reputation, folks have a said they figured a top TX would have been more competitive with MD, but to then and run thru TX was eye opening.

what a few are saying on the national board is SJB under scheduled. Their schedule is soft, to incl Allen.
          Last edited by jbell73986; 05-01-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• The Dallas Cowboys, "Americas team" (rolling my eyes) are very popular.

They chronically underachieve and are no where near the best.

Only poll that matters is the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

It’s not embarrassing because Allen has taken a beating as recently as last year, unlike DV that ran through the DFW like a hot knife through butter. DV has hurt TX reputation, folks have a said they figured a top TX would have been more competitive with MD, but to then and run thru TX was eye opening.

what a few are saying on the national board is SJB under scheduled. Their schedule is soft, to incl Allen.
              Well we all know that Duncanville hasn't been the top Texas team the past few years so they weren't really a good gauge of how OOS teams stack up against the best the state has to offer...

Comment

Well we all know that Duncanville hasn't been the top Texas team the past few years so they weren't really a good gauge of how OOS teams stack up against the best the state has to offer...
                No, but they saw them as a consistent top 3 team the last 3-4 years. Even last year they ended up 3d And it’s not as if DV only screwed up last year, their beat down from IMG the year prior also help hurt the reputation
                Last edited by jbell73986; 05-01-2022, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator4ever View Post

They very well could, and that's why they play the game. But this Bosco defense, on paper, is probably more talented than the Mater Dei team that held Duncanville to 3 points. Opening the season against that defense will be a tall task, but Bosco did lose a ton on offense and they don't have any superstars like usual.

Comment

You've mentioned that several times and I completely disagree. What are you basing this on?

Comment

You've mentioned that several times and I completely disagree. What are you basing this on?
                      Reports from National groups and sites and conversing with people from out of state. They still think that Allen is the elite program in the state of Texas

Comment

Reports from National groups and sites and conversing with people from out of state. They still think that Allen is the elite program in the state of Texas
                        They only say they think that to create their flawed narrative. Anyone can look at the results the past 3 seasons and see that Allen has not been elite

Comment

You know why they do this, right? Because when they beat Allen by like 40 points, they'll say that the best in Texas doesn't stand a chance. Which is true, no team in Texas stands a chance against schools that recruit D1 talent at each position.

Now if Texas wants to jump into that type of game..they'd have a much higher chance, but I don't know if many Texas HS football fans would enjoy that...

Comment

Duncanville finished #2, #2, #7, and third in Texas the last four years with a record of 52-5. And they were the best team in Texas, arguably, for at least one of them. Allen is like 147-9 over the last decade, so they average less than one loss per year. Would the only true measure be an OOS team playing whatever team ended up being number one in Texas that year?
                            Last edited by FiredUp; 05-01-2022, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Not on the other three forums I'm on. Nobody thinks that in Arizona, California, or Nevada, either. Not anyone I've ever talked to, anyway. And certainly nobody who has a clue.

Comment

Not on the other three forums I'm on. Nobody thinks that in Arizona, California, or Nevada, either. Not anyone I've ever talked to, anyway. And certainly nobody who has a clue.
                                See post 138

Comment

Working...
                                X