Final Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cajunxpress View Post
    Here is the shoulda, coulda, woulda BUT Didnt.. could Guyer beat Tomball if Kellem's injury made Tomball one dimensional. Another scw but D. If a healthy Weigman was able to play, would Bridgeland have beat Tomball. Sometimes it all about playoff positioning and luck (ask Spring or Lake Travis in 2020).
    Wasn’t Tomball pretty one dimensional before the injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDownDB11 View Post

Wasn’t Tomball pretty one dimensional before the injury?
      Only when Kellems was injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cajunxpress View Post
        Here is the shoulda, coulda, woulda BUT Didnt.. could Guyer beat Tomball if Kellem's injury made Tomball one dimensional. Another scw but D. If a healthy Weigman was able to play, would Bridgeland have beat Tomball. Sometimes it all about playoff positioning and luck (ask Spring or Lake Travis in 2020).
        To answer your question, yes bridgeland would have beat Tomball.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

why was the WL loss deceiving? Katy struggled with summer creek the week before, whereas Guyer’s last two weeks were their best football.
          I give Guyer lots of credit for putting up a good fight, but WL was also pretty sluggish. I think the 2nd half was more indicative of what we'd see if they played on a regular basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

As talented as that new QB is - it is really hard for me to see a freshman QB outmaneuvering everything Salazar can scheme up to make his life miserable. I think the difference between losing DD and Banks is more than the difference between our defenses in the last two years. Next year though we lose Dodge and Klubnik so y’all are already two steps ahead of us. I hope we make it far enough to get to another game with the Mustangs.
            Yeah, I don't see NS winning this year, without Davis & Banks. Between Salazar and a really strong offense, they are really tough. The defense wasn't quite a intimidating and physical as last year, but they are just so fast and always know where the ball is going.

The NS freshman QB is going to be a nightmare the next 3 years, though. Watched part of their game against LT, he was getting huge chunks of yardage and it seemed almost effortless. Almost looked like Zach Evans.

Comment

• Originally posted by thechief View Post

Yeah, I don't see NS winning this year, without Davis & Banks. Between Salazar and a really strong offense, they are really tough. The defense wasn't quite a intimidating and physical as last year, but they are just so fast and always know where the ball is going.

The NS freshman QB is going to be a nightmare the next 3 years, though. Watched part of their game against LT, he was getting huge chunks of yardage and it seemed almost effortless. Almost looked like Zach Evans.
              He's a sure thing to be the first 3-peating starting QB since Kyler. Only thing that can stop him is pulling a Ewers and leaving early (early meaning a couple months before turning 19 in his case)
              Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

He's a sure thing to be the first 3-peating starting QB since Kyler. Only thing that can stop him is pulling a Ewers and leaving early (early meaning a couple months before turning 19 in his case)
                Looking like it so far. I think DV could be a threat, if they'd ever do anything about their offense. Their offense never does anything when they play anyone they can't overpower physically.

Comment

Looking like it so far. I think DV could be a threat, if they'd ever do anything about their offense. Their offense never does anything when they play anyone they can't overpower physically.
                  Defensively, why wasn't DV spying Bailey after the first few QB "draws"? To me, the issue is lack of adjustment offensively and defensively.
                  "Persevere." -- Judge Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

Defensively, why wasn't DV spying Bailey after the first few QB "draws"? To me, the issue is lack of adjustment offensively and defensively.
                    They were, watch the dagger TD pass.
                    “Football is tough, it is much tougher in Division 1” -coach at Katy

Comment

• Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

I didn't watch this aspect of the game. But overall NS only scored 17 points, despite the fact the DV offense did almost nothing all game. I think if DV would actually pay some attention to their offense, and stop relying on a good D and athleticism on offense, they'd win 1 or more titles. They are really close despite relying on a crappy offense scheme, that is run heavy and not at all creative.

Comment

I didn't watch this aspect of the game. But overall NS only scored 17 points, despite the fact the DV offense did almost nothing all game. I think if DV would actually pay some attention to their offense, and stop relying on a good D and athleticism on offense, they'd win 1 or more titles. They are really close despite relying on a crappy offense scheme, that is run heavy and not at all creative.
                        It doesn't have to be creative just effective, see Katy

Comment

• True. Katy will throw the ball deep once in a while, though, they do some RPOs. DV does 2 or more basic runs for every pass, and most of the passes are just screens.

Comment

Working...
                          X