Katy (14-0) vs. Westlake (14-0), Sat., Dec. 11, McLane, 2 pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChapDad View Post
    Also adding an AISD school (Anderson) and having Dripping Springs move up makes it less likely that Del Valle shares a district with us - even if they are good enough to reach the playoffs. And there’s nobody else around Austin bigger than Westlake. Just LT, DV, and some of RRISD.
    Dripping springs is 6a now? Will they most likely be with y’all in dristrict?

Comment

• Originally posted by WoodlandsGuy View Post

Dripping springs is 6a now? Will they most likely be with y’all in dristrict?
      They are 6A. There’s nothing past them going west (in 6A) so they likely with be with either Lake Travis or Westlake or both. Unless they are part of a south Austin- north SA district with Del Valle Johnson San Marcos and the northern part of the old D27 maybe. I expect them to be a playoff team in pretty much any district they land in unless they put Vandegrift Westlake and LT all in the same district with them.
      Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

They are 6A. There’s nothing past them going west (in 6A) so they likely with be with either Lake Travis or Westlake or both. Unless they are part of a south Austin- north SA district with Del Valle Johnson San Marcos and the northern part of the old D27 maybe. I expect them to be a playoff team in pretty much any district they land in unless they put Vandegrift Westlake and LT all in the same district with them.
        I'm not too broken up about losing the opportunity to play games at Del Valle's stadium.

Comment

• The key piece is that only DV and LT are bigger than WL from the AISD north edge down to the north edge of San Antonio. The only way for WL to be D2 is for the new alignment to have WL with both DV and LT (same as now) AND for DV to get their act together. I think its probably <50-50 that we end up in the same district with both DV and LT as those single school ISDs are the easiest tool the UIL has to balance the districts. I don't see us in a district with the bigger RRISD schools as they are just too far away with too many schools between us and RR or in a district that reaches far enough south to find bigger schools. So its possible but I agree with CD that its very unlikely we see D2 for the next 2yrs.

The trend in Centex is for smaller schools. LISD and PfISD both target in the low 2Ks and open new schools to hold those levels in their high growth areas. They aren't planning for >3K schools in those districts. It looks like Hayes is following that strategy too. The exceptions are LT and DV. They're going to have to decide on being the biggest schools for 150 miles or eventually build a 2nd HS in their district. I can see both of them doing some hybrid model like 9/10/SR or Arts/STEM campuses to stay as a "single school" at least for the foreseeable future at least until they get near 4K and can split into 2K size schools. That avoids some of gyrations happening in Hayes with Johnson pushing Hayes way down in enrollment.

Comment

Working...
          X