Katy (14-0) vs. Westlake (14-0), Sat., Dec. 11, McLane, 2 pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grainraiser View Post
    Katy play action game will be crucial in this game. They need to keep Westlake offense off the field by playing ball control offense. Westlake will not let you run on them so screen passes and bubble screens will need to supplement the running game. Katy needs to do whatever they can to eat up the clock and limit Westlake opportunities. Westlake has not faced a team as good as Katy but like stated they are on a whole different level than most teams. Katy has shot but they will need to play perfect game and how Westlake makes some mistakes. Westlake 38 Katy 24
    Has Westlake given up 24 in the past two years to any team not led by a Dodge? That answer is no. If Katy gets 24 and stays within 2 TD's, that is a clear coaching success for Katy.

45-21. And 45 because of Katy's ability to limit possessions.
    "Persevere." -- Judge Jackson

Comment

I haven't seen Westlake at all this year. Who are the players to watch on a team that's beating up on everybody on both sides of the ball?

Comment

I will say "I hope Katy doesn't get blown out by Westlake".

I did say "I hope Michigan doesn't get blown out by Ohio State".

I didn't see the second one coming.
        Can lightning strike twice that close together?
        With yesterday's results, my hopes have (almost) faded.
        Back to live triathlons. This helps kids with incarcerated parents

https://my.reason2race.com/JohnTuttle/CypressTri2021

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

Has Westlake given up 24 in the past two years to any team not led by a Dodge? That answer is no. If Katy gets 24 and stays within 2 TD's, that is a clear coaching success for Katy.

I thought about that but I ask myself who is the best team Westlake has faced this year. None of them are close to Katy level so I gifted them 3 more points

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

Almost. We scored 21 against them playing 10 on 12.

Comment

Originally posted by katybacker View Post
              Katy really has nothing to lose in this game. Nobody in the state of Texas gives Katy a chance at this one, me included. Katy’s normal grind it out conservative play could be replaced with spy the QB and blitzes on defense and a lot of short passes on offense. Coach J has one of the greatest defensive minds in the country so expect some changes that we rarely do. The 56-21 win over Tompkins ( 3’s in for their last TD and a run back on kickoff for another score) is a good indication of what Katy in capable of. Katy has the ability to turn up the heat when need be so we will see what they are truly made of. I just hope that “they can keep it close”. An interesting stat, when was the last time 2 large school state champs played each other the following year in the state semi’s.
              A whole year ago
              “Football is tough, it is much tougher in Division 1” -coach at Katy

Comment

Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

That would be last year. And the consensus was that an undefeated team was going to get worked by a dominant squad with a senior QB on their way to a 3-peat. The consensus was wrong
                Hmmm... seems like deja vu

Quick question that was asked of me on another platform.

Who spearheaded the Chaps defense last season and where did they end up going to college?

Comment

In recent years only 1 other team has made Katy look average and that was NS…… after this week there’s about to be another one and that’s WL… WL by however many they want to win

Comment

Originally posted by Grainraiser View Post

I thought about that but I ask myself who is the best team Westlake has faced this year. None of them are close to Katy level so I gifted them 3 more points
                    LT

And though I agree LT is probably not at Katy level, they are not all that far behind. And Vandy was not a bad team at all. They were solid across the board.

I don't expect a blowout but I do expect WL to finish with a 14+ point win. I think if Katy can keep it that close they did a fantastic job. I simply think WL is far and above everyone else in the state this year once again.

WL 42 Katy 21

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Hmmm... seems like deja vu

Quick question that was asked of me on another platform.

Who spearheaded the Chaps defense last season and where did they end up going to college?
                      LB Morris went to Duke and CB Mireur went to Columbia. DE Davis is playing baseball at UTSA. The main guy, Salazar, is still there on the sidelines. For a squad returning one starter, the WL defense has been lights out this season. Burke may have said it best after yesterday’s game…”we didn’t realize how good we could be.” Paraphrasing, but something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Clemensbuff View Post

LT

And though I agree LT is probably not at Katy level, they are not all that far behind. And Vandy was not a bad team at all. They were solid across the board.

I don't expect a blowout but I do expect WL to finish with a 14+ point win. I think if Katy can keep it that close they did a fantastic job. I simply think WL is far and above everyone else in the state this year once again.

WL 42 Katy 21
                        When was the last time they were far and above everyone else in the state?

Comment

I'm just gonna say, Vandy was giving up 10 points a game. And Westlake could have scored over a hundred if they wanted and they barely even passed which is their strongsuit. The offense is virtually impossible to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXFootball View Post

LB Morris went to Duke and CB Mireur went to Columbia. DE Davis is playing baseball at UTSA. The main guy, Salazar, is still there on the sidelines. For a squad returning one starter, the WL defense has been lights out this season. Burke may have said it best after yesterday’s game…”we didn’t realize how good we could be.” Paraphrasing, but something like that.
                            I haven't seen Westlake play, have just talked about Westlake with guys who really know football. I am told the Westlake defense has two defensive ends that are simply "the best I have seen" Theyy're big mean andstong. Very long and set the edge very well. The whole defense flows off of that

Comment

Originally posted by Attorneygreg View Post

I haven't seen Westlake play, have just talked about Westlake with guys who really know football. I am told the Westlake defense has two defensive ends that are simply "the best I have seen" Theyy're big mean andstong. Very long and set the edge very well. The whole defense flows off of that
                              And I read one of those DEs is more of a lacrosse player than a football player. That’s scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Clemensbuff View Post

LT

WL 42 Katy 21
                                ET and LT
                                "Persevere." -- Judge Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X