Region 3 Final North Shore (12-1) vs Atascocita (11-2) Fri 12/3 7pm Pasadena Stadium

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WoodlandsGuy
    All-America
    All-State
    • Sep 2021

Originally posted by Big Daddy Cool

There's worse places it could have been played.
    For sure. But like, it couldn’t be any more north……

Comment

• North Shore 07
      All-District
      Varsity
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by WoodlandsGuy

For sure. But like, it couldn’t be any more north……
      I wish this game was at UH or Rice so the kids can get a experience in playing at a college stadium

Comment

• Big Daddy Cool
        The Older Wiser Admin
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by North Shore 07

I wish this game was at UH or Rice so the kids can get a experience in playing at a college stadium
        Rice will always be among my top stadiums for obvious reasons. And the new UH stadium isn't bad. I just hate driving in downtown. Pasadena does give more room than we had last year at Sheldon for this game.

Comment

• ETRTW
          All-State
          All-District
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by North Shore 07

It was mentioned before….. coach Kay limits playing in those big stadiums because of how expensive it can get. Especially when you are making deep runs and you start playing at these big venues it adds up. I need to back and find the video of that interview.
          Last edited by ETRTW; 11-28-2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• canyonmike
            All-State
            All-District
            • Dec 2014

NS is not the juggernaut of the past 3 years but they have enough to take down Cita.
            "If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team."
            Bud Wilkinson

Comment

• 2000NSMustang!!!
              2015 D1 Bracket Challenge Champ
              All-District
              • Aug 2014

Can we be honest with ourselves, RP gave that game away, RP dropped a sure pick 6, and dropped 2 other interceptions, that is not going to happen to NS secondary. This qb at cita is going to be special for the next 2 years but this year he has been playing on borrowed time, time is up for them on Friday night. NS might not be the best it has been the past 3 years but this years team is still better than what region 3 has to offer this year. Now what happens after Friday night for the next 2 rounds I don't know, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. My prediction is the same as the first game 31-21 NS wins, only because for some reason NS will not play Chu-Chu Johnson for more than 10 plays a game. This kid can run the ball with power, he is a difference maker. Run him 20+ times and this game is more like 45-14 NS.
              Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth!!!!!!

-Mike Tyson

Comment

• North Shore 07
                All-District
                Varsity
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by ETRTW

It was mentioned before….. coach Kay limits playing in those big stadiums because of how expensive it can get. Especially when you are making deep runs and you start playing at these big venues it adds up. I need to back and find the video of that interview.
                I respect all that but some of these kids will never get the experience to play on a college field. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Bobizzle
                  All-State
                  All-District
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by 2000NSMustang!!!
                  Can we be honest with ourselves, RP gave that game away, RP dropped a sure pick 6, and dropped 2 other interceptions, that is not going to happen to NS secondary. .......
                  This. Line 'em up ten times, 'cita loses nine. That's why I think the Eagles fly home this weekend. "Da Sho" just isn't going to be vulnerable, even if they aren't the same team as recently. What a great district y'all got over there! 1-4 all good teams!

Comment

• twcpfan1
                    All-State
                    All-District
                    • Aug 2014

Anybody got link for tickets? Thanks

Comment

• Big Daddy Cool
                      The Older Wiser Admin
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by twcpfan1
                      Anybody got link for tickets? Thanks
                      Haven't found one yet but will post it as soon as I do.

Comment

• EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL
                        Addict
                        MVP
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by 2000NSMustang!!!
                        Can we be honest with ourselves, RP gave that game away, RP dropped a sure pick 6, and dropped 2 other interceptions, that is not going to happen to NS secondary. This qb at cita is going to be special for the next 2 years but this year he has been playing on borrowed time, time is up for them on Friday night. NS might not be the best it has been the past 3 years but this years team is still better than what region 3 has to offer this year. Now what happens after Friday night for the next 2 rounds I don't know, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. My prediction is the same as the first game 31-21 NS wins, only because for some reason NS will not play Chu-Chu Johnson for more than 10 plays a game. This kid can run the ball with power, he is a difference maker. Run him 20+ times and this game is more like 45-14 NS.
                        Johnson fumbles the ball way to much. He's also been battling a nagging injury for weeks so I'm sure that's played into it some.

If Harris plays and we can keep the receivers in check and quit getting beat on crossing routes over the middle we'll be fine.

Also not getting to confident because we beat them already this year or start to look ahead thinking about LT

Comment

• Atascocita
                          All-District
                          Varsity
                          • Sep 2021

If there is any good news for Atascocita, it is that North Shore is expected to win. If they can somehow pull off an upset, it will shock many of us, including me. I’m just not sure that they could hang with Lake Travis the following week IF they beat North Shore.

Comment

• ahseagleproud
                            Varsity
                            JV
                            • Aug 2014

Tickets

Comment

• TigerHat
                              All-America
                              All-State
                              • Aug 2014

CalPreps projection:
                              projection: North Shore (Houston, TX) 31 Atascocita (Humble, TX) 28
                              The Katy Tigers 2003-2023: 278-27

Comment

• Big Daddy Cool
                                The Older Wiser Admin
                                • Aug 2014

If you're thinking of catching this one live. I wouldn't mess around getting tickets. The stadium only seats around 10,300.

Comment

Working...