Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region 3 Final North Shore (12-1) vs Atascocita (11-2) Fri 12/3 7pm Pasadena Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 3 Final North Shore (12-1) vs Atascocita (11-2) Fri 12/3 7pm Pasadena Stadium

Round 2 - NS won the regular season meeting 31-21. Cita is coming off 2 dramatic victories over Dickinson and RP. NS had a close call vs KT. So both teams are battle tested and have history in which this game has the makings of a very good Regional Final... NS will have a freshman QB while Cita will have what is now a seasoned Sophomore QB.
    Let the smack talk begin... What say you?????
    North Shore wins
    70.37%
    Atascocita wins
    29.63%

The poll is expired.

That Cita QB didn't look so good against Ridge Point.
    Þetta reddast!

Comment

Stats from the last game played 4 weeks ago.. 10/29

Team Stats
      Humble Atascocita Galena Park North Shore
      Total yards 384 314
      First downs 16 16
      Rushes/Yds 31/94 38/221
      Average rush 3.03 5.82
      Comp/Atts 16/33/0 6/9/0
      Pass yards 290 93
      Comp pct 48.48 66.67
      Punts 5 4
      Punting Yards 157 159
      Punting Average 31.4 39.75
      Fumbles/Lost 1/0 1/1
      Penalties-yards 8-70 4-25
      Humble Atascocita
      Passing
      Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
      Zion Brown 16 33 48.48 290 2 0
      Rushing
      Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
      Tyras Winfield 16 66 4.1 22 0
      Zion Brown 14 19 1.4 13 0
      Ja'marri Green 1 9 9 9 1
      Receiving
      Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
      Keith Wheeler 8 86 10.8 26 0
      Chase Sowell 4 127 31.8 57 2
      Kyran Lee 2 33 16.5 35 0
      Galena Park North Shore
      Passing
      Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
      Jhalyn Bailey 1 1 100 10 0 0
      Kaleb Bailey 5 8 62.5 83 2 0
      Rushing
      Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
      Aubrey Broussard 2 15 7.5 21 1
      Xavier Owens 4 26 6.5 14 0
      Damon Ford 4 23 5.8 16 0
      Rashaad Johnson 4 69 17.3 64 1
      Javin Logan 3 45 15 33 0
      Kaleb Bailey 18 71 3.9 18 0
      Receiving
      Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
      David Amador 2 44 22 34 1
      Nessiah Dunham 2 12 6 11 0
      Joseph Richard 1 29 29 29 1

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
        That Cita QB didn't look so good against Ridge Point.
        He didnt really look good against Dickinson either. Not sure what's going on with him

Comment

North Shore offense seems to be improving, Atascocita's offense seems to be stagnant

It'll boil down to who can make the most defensive stops and least amount of penalties.

Its hard to beat a good team twice but I think NS comes up with enough stops to get by the Eagles

NS-34
          Atascocita- 21

Comment

From the Atascocita point of view, it is hard to beat a good team once.

Comment

NS offense has certainly gotten better but…… still very inconsistent and I don’t if they can get win us a game.

Our defense is great and will continue to be so I’m just afraid that at some point we will ask to make to many plays and will eventually break.

The “A” has gotten all the breaks along with making some plays the last two games and have barely escape.

Give me NS by 7 because of that defense.

Comment

Sadly, I don’t really see Atascocita winning this one. Sometimes I watch the games and I wonder in my mind, “what the h**** is the quarterback thinking” when he throws his infamous back-foot Hail Mary that almost never works… As someone has already said before, the only way Atascocita wins this one is with a night of amazing punts, low penalties, and sound defense. This would be nothing short of a miracle. I’ve got North Shore by 2 touchdowns.

Comment

I think Stump has been banking on the defense to get the team to this point because I haven’t seen him open the playbook. Seems like the offense plays very safe unless they have to score. Definitely hasn’t been the Atascocita offense I’ve seen over the years. There have been no pass plays called over the middle of the field. I saw two slants thrown. All I’ve seen were fades, outs and hitches. That won’t get it done. Haven’t even called the screens I used to hate. Zion can make the throws but Stump has limited the passing game. Gavin Sessions had a wide open playbook this year. Time to take the training wheels off and if that happens, I believe The A will win. If the same offense from Dickinson and RP show up Friday night it’s curtains. Looking forward to a clean injury free game and whoever wins BTHO Lake Travis.

Comment

I’m gonna say that the Eagles should win this one by 7-10.
                    The curtain had been pulled in the land of North Oz…I don’t believe the Mustangs can use their reputation from the past much longer with the tepid results as proof.
                    I see the Eagles settle down and face a team that is not as hungry as the last two were!👍

Comment

Originally posted by ClutchCity4ever View Post
                      I think Stump has been banking on the defense to get the team to this point because I haven’t seen him open the playbook. Seems like the offense plays very safe unless they have to score. Definitely hasn’t been the Atascocita offense I’ve seen over the years. There have been no pass plays called over the middle of the field. I saw two slants thrown. All I’ve seen were fades, outs and hitches. That won’t get it done. Haven’t even called the screens I used to hate. Zion can make the throws but Stump has limited the passing game. Gavin Sessions had a wide open playbook this year. Time to take the training wheels off and if that happens, I believe The A will win. If the same offense from Dickinson and RP show up Friday night it’s curtains. Looking forward to a clean injury free game and whoever wins BTHO Lake Travis.
                      Like Apollo Creed said to Rocky in Rocky 3

"There is no tomorrow, There is no tomorrow"

For the A it's time to go all in and let it hang out. NS has always hung its hat on defense so AT on offense. So both teams need to be at full strength on their best side of the ball

I could honestly see it being a instant classic with Atascocita taking the win. I also wouldn't be surprised if NS wins by 28

Comment

Originally posted by Gator4ever View Post
                        The curtain had been pulled in the land of North Oz…I don’t believe the Mustangs can use their reputation from the past much longer with the tepid results as proof.
                        I see the Eagles settle down and face a team that is not as hungry as the last two were!👍
                        Almost getting beat at home in front of 10k fans, getting 20 unanswered points scored on you. People telling you this team is nothing compared to the previous teams. Atascocita saying how they've closed the gap between the two schools

I think that's more than enough bulletin board material and hunger.

Comment

Originally posted by ClutchCity4ever View Post
                          I noticed that last night… It seemed that the offensive playbook was extremely limited. Thats a risky game to play against a team like Ridge Point, whose quarterback can put it on a dime. I hope that Atascocita opens the playbook against North Shore, or else they’re going to struggle.

Comment

Having a poll is useless on this thread. Even if the teams were evenly matched or even if Atascocita was slightly better, North Shore would still attain more votes in their favor due to their representation on this forum. It doesn’t measure much. And that’s coming from someone who voted for North Shore. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Gator4ever View Post
                              You always pick us to lose and we win. So maybe you should start picking us to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X