Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mater Dei beat UCONN

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by FiredUp View Post

    There are probably no fewer than 15 players on Mater Dei's roster right now who would be the highest-rated recruit of all-time at UConn. Just a ballpark guess... might be more.
    Your still missing the point...the game has to be played now, and out of all the high profile recruits they have at MD....maybe one or two would be able to start at UCONN right now.... Some of the posters here that made quick answers of....NO!...NOT EVEN CLOSE!....they nailed it..

    Comment


    • #62
      Not even close. I’ll be over in the first qtr. While MD may have the recruits on paper it doesn’t mean that they will actually be cut out to play in college. There’s many high rated recruits who don’t touch the field or even make it it beyond their first year of college football.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by rfuego72 View Post

        Your still missing the point...the game has to be played now, and out of all the high profile recruits they have at MD....maybe one or two would be able to start at UCONN right now.... Some of the posters here that made quick answers of....NO!...NOT EVEN CLOSE!....they nailed it..
        There are at least six who would start today. Maybe as many as nine or ten. The talent gap is just too big, regardless of a few more years of experience and strength training. UConn is ridiculously outclassed at every skill position. We all know the difference would be in the trenches. Even then, if Omari Abor is getting manhandled by Mater Dei's left tackle, do you think the UConn end who was the 3,000th best player in high school two years ago is gonna be that much better? I do not. UConn wins, but there's just nothing that convinces me it would be a huge blowout like you think.

        There are plenty of freshmen making an impact all over college football, and they're going against much better competition than UConn. They all have one thing in common -- they were in high school five months ago.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Blackgold View Post
          One of Wyoming's closer games was against........drum roll...Boise St. The Broncos with the blue turf. Would we really be willing to say MD would keep up with them? Skill on skill, it would be interesting. Interior is where all the concerns are. UCONN might have some not very favorable match ups against MD, but Boise...

          This is all just hypothetical. It's a good buffer to keep us busy until Friday. MD is the #1 HS team, let's move on lol
          And Boise St lost to Oklahoma St by one point. So are you saying UConn could hang with Oklahoma State? Playing six degrees of Kevin Bacon is fun, but you could make any argument doing that. But a pretty bad Boise St team (by Boise St standards) dominated that entire game against Wyoming. The Cowboys scored on a 74-yard touchdown pass with 4 seconds left in the game. Before that, they had 80 yards passing.

          Let's not get too crazy... of course, Boise St would obliterate the best high school team. UConn is not Boise St.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by FiredUp View Post

            And Boise St lost to Oklahoma St by one point. So are you saying UConn could hang with Oklahoma State? Playing six degrees of Kevin Bacon is fun, but you could make any argument doing that. But a pretty bad Boise St team (by Boise St standards) dominated that entire game against Wyoming. The Cowboys scored on a 74-yard touchdown pass with 4 seconds left in the game. Before that, they had 80 yards passing.

            Let's not get too crazy... of course, Boise St would obliterate the best high school team. UConn is not Boise St.
            True. Surprisingly the Broncos aren't very big for a D1 lineup. But I agree with your take. I'm curious for how MD does against that Centennial team later this week.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by trojannation View Post
              I know there’s always the conversation about the best college team playing the worst NFL team, but I am wondering do y’all think that Mater Dei could beat UConn?

              I think that Domani Jackson, David Bailey, Raleek Brown, CJ Williams, and probably a few others would be better than anyone UConn has on their roster
              Does either team have Ditka or mini Ditka?
              "Heritage kids and Carroll kids are the same"........possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard............

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Blackgold View Post

                True. Surprisingly the Broncos aren't very big for a D1 lineup. But I agree with your take. I'm curious for how MD does against that Centennial team later this week.
                Centennial looked like the real deal. And my boys manhandled Bosco.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Probably too late for you guys to watch, but Braelon Allen just had himself a game in the Las Vegas Bowl. He was named MVP after rushing for 160 yards, and broke the 1,200 yard mark on the season. Not only was Allen in high school seven months ago, he is still 17 years old… Mater Dei had several players who were 19 this season. Just sayin.

                  Happy New Year to all… is it August yet?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by FiredUp View Post
                    Probably too late for you guys to watch, but Braelon Allen just had himself a game in the Las Vegas Bowl. He was named MVP after rushing for 160 yards, and broke the 1,200 yard mark on the season. Not only was Allen in high school seven months ago, he is still 17 years old… Mater Dei had several players who were 19 this season. Just sayin.

                    Happy New Year to all… is it August yet?

                    lol Allen also ran behind a veteran and talented OL. The major difference b/w HS and D1 CFB is the strength of the kids on the OL/DL. That’s where the elite HS would fall short
                    Last edited by jbell73986; 12-31-2021, 05:16 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Surprisingly, I agree with FiredUp on this one. I think UConn wins, but it’s closer than many here think. This is Domani Jackson now. Not much more a college weight room is gonna grow him. And he already runs a 4.3.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        This is Aydin Breland. Sophomore DL. 6-5. 315. Yeesh. That OLu kid he’s tackling looks like a junior high kid next to him

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I'm not going to read the whole thread but the simple answer is no. The college program has an entire roster of collegiate athletes, whereas a high school roster doesn't. Same goes for college vs NFL. They are at the next level for a reason. Bigger, stronger, faster.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by aledoalumni View Post
                            I'm not going to read the whole thread but the simple answer is no. The college program has an entire roster of collegiate athletes, whereas a high school roster doesn't. Same goes for college vs NFL. They are at the next level for a reason. Bigger, stronger, faster.
                            🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by ShutDownDB11 View Post
                              This is Aydin Breland. Sophomore DL. 6-5. 315. Yeesh. That OLu kid he’s tackling looks like a junior high kid next to him

                              this is size and nothing to do with strength. A soph HS kid is typically not going to be stronger than a grown man (20-22 yo)playing D1 ball.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post


                                this is size and nothing to do with strength. A soph HS kid is typically not going to be stronger than a grown man (20-22 yo)playing D1 ball.
                                I agree to some extent (size and strength have some correlation). But both those kids in those pictures look plenty strong.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X