What if Highland Park is 6A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Highland Park is 6A?

In my opinion they should be 6A they don’t look like a 5A school It’s located in a inner suburb of a big city the enrollment is like around 2,000 a year but it could’ve been more but most folks are in the suburbs away from the city imagine playing them in the regular season and competing against them for a state title in 6A what’s y’all thoughts?

HP has been a 6A school in the past. They were successful in 6A. They compete well in all sports. A lot of people don’t like HP because they are a bunch of privileged kids. I think even if you aren’t a fan of the Scots, you have to respect them. They do the work needed to be consistently good.

Comment

The smallest 6A school enrollmnt (before special circumstances) in the last realignment was 2223.

Highland Park enrollment was 2209. They are the 2nd largest 5A school in Texas behind Austin Anderson at 2211.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkfloyd View Post
        HP has been a 6A school in the past. They were successful in 6A. They compete well in all sports. A lot of people don’t like HP because they are a bunch of privileged kids. I think even if you aren’t a fan of the Scots, you have to respect them. They do the work needed to be consistently good.
        I don't like them because of the chronic chop blockers they are, along with the flying elbows they throw. Dirtiest team we play, by far, every year.

Comment

If HP were in 6A they would make the playoffs, but not be competitive with the top 6A programs...They would compete with average 6A programs like Coppell, Marcus, Flower Mound, Keller, etc.

SLC dominated HP in wk 1. HP beat FM and Coppell in the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Here’s my question about Highland Park. So we know that the running joke is that their enrollment is only a few students under the 6A cut off line. And the cut off line has gone up by about 800 students over the last 20 years. How in the world does a school grow by 800 students over that time if they are supposed to be in a landlocked district that is fully built out? I’ve never gotten an adequate answer for that.

Comment

HP could not compete at the highest level in 6A except for golf and tennis...maybe cross country and soccer. They were respectable in the big sports, but not anywhere near the level they are in 5A. Guyer has transitioned MUCH better from 5A to 6A in the "athlete" sports.

Comment

Aren't they land locked? It's why you don't see much growth there. I know people always trash talk them and that, but i don't think they really care if they're 6a or not. We'll see what happens. It's a good program and people think they're "rich privileged" kids or whatever, but none of that matters when the pads go on. You either smack someone in the mouth or they'll smack you in the mouth.

Comment

They'd be a very good 6A team. Some years they could have contended in 6A D2, for example the year Longview won it. Most years they are good but not contenders in D2, I can't think of any year they would have contended in D1.

Comment

Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post
                    Aren't they land locked? It's why you don't see much growth there. I know people always trash talk them and that, but i don't think they really care if they're 6a or not. We'll see what happens. It's a good program and people think they're "rich privileged" kids or whatever, but none of that matters when the pads go on. You either smack someone in the mouth or they'll smack you in the mouth.
                    Exactly...I know people from HP and they all say they would rather be in 6A and compete with the best...IMO it is an urban myth they wish to stay in 5A.

Comment

]They'd be a very good 6A team. Some years they could have contended in 6A D2, for example the year Longview won it. Most years they are good but not contenders in D2, I can't think of any year they would have contended in D1. [/QUOTE]

They have not contended for state lately when they were in the top class but have always been competitive....but have been contenders for state years ago in the largest class at the time...think Doak Walker era etc LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by vtcat View Post
                        ]They'd be a very good 6A team. Some years they could have contended in 6A D2, for example the year Longview won it. Most years they are good but not contenders in D2, I can't think of any year they would have contended in D1.
                        They have not contended for state lately when they were in the top class but have always been competitive....but have been contenders for state years ago in the largest class at the time...think Doak Walker era etc LOL.
                        [/QUOTE]

No, Highland Park was very good in the highest classification for many years. In the late 70's they were famous for their yearly playoff battles with Plano. My alma mater, North Mesquite, always battled them in our district (I still have nightmares about losing a coin flip to miss the playoffs in 84).

Lately they have been a contender in 5a.

I think they would be very good in 6a, just not a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Attorneygreg View Post

No, Highland Park was very good in the highest classification for many years. In the late 70's they were famous for their yearly playoff battles with Plano. My alma mater, North Mesquite, always battled them in our district (I still have nightmares about losing a coin flip to miss the playoffs in 84).

Lately they have been a contender in 5a.

I think they would be very good in 6a, just not a contender. [/QUOTE]

They’d definitely make the playoffs in our district lol.

Comment

Probably like the last time they were in 6A. Very good in district and early exit in playoffs.
                            Þetta reddast!

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
                              Probably like the last time they were in 6A. Very good in district and early exit in playoffs.
                              Depends on the Region

Comment

Working...
                              X