Duncanville at DeSoto Sept 17 730pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncanville at DeSoto Sept 17 730pm

11-6A Opener for the top two D1 schools that will decide seeding and possible district championship. Rivalry like none other between school and coaches. Both teams this year are not as dominant as in years past, with both playing sophomores and juniors in somewhat of a rebuild-reload year, Panthers finding a QB and Eagles defensive front and offensive line and running back. Panthers will come in(1-1) rested and fresh after having only played two games while Eagles(2-1) have been playing conservative in their three games Offensively Panthers are led by running back Malachi Medlock with a huge offensive line and defensively anchored by five star Omari Abhor. Eagles are led by Sr QB Matt Allen and a quartet of wide receivers and a defense led by CB Devyn Bobby. This will be a battle of the Eagle offense against a stout Panther defense and the QB play of Duncanville against a pressure Eagle defense and the big Panther o-line. Panthers won last years only meeting during the playoffs rather handily. Expect the unexpected with attitude when these two play. Should be a good one.
    Panthers dominate in win >10
    29.17%
    Eagles win over Panthers >7
    20.83%
    Panthers win close one <7
    29.17%
    Eagles win close one <7
    20.83%

The poll is expired.

Tough one. DV seems a bit offensively challenged (kinda like NS) and Desoto has been erratic but can score bunches of points in a hurry.

This one and the Guyer/Atascocita game are very interesting.
    "There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Comment

I think Medlock will be the difference in this game. Duncanville 34 Desoto 28.

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post
        Tough one. DV seems a bit offensively challenged (kinda like NS) and Desoto has been erratic but can score bunches of points in a hurry.

This one and the Guyer/Atascocita game are very interesting.
        When was the last time DeSoto beat or was in the game with Dvill in the 4th qt? Start of district play and this one game most likely determines the seeding in Div-1.
        Last edited by CHill; 09-11-2021, 01:06 PM.
        TTHL

​​​​​​2022 Three new coaches (DC) and new key players.

Comment

Originally posted by CHill View Post

When was the last time DeSoto beat or was in the game with Dvill in the 4th qt? Start of district play and this one game most likely determines the seeding in Div-1.
          You know better than me, guessing not since Samples arrived?
          "There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Comment

I'm gonna give DV some more benefit of the doubt here than I did after week 1. Mater Dei just crushed the last Nevada state champion 49-7. That team beat Bishop Gorman on the way to winning the title in 2019

Comment

Interested to see the adjustments Duncanville makes defensively. They have a lot of defensive talent and they haven’t seemed to mesh as of yet. The homer in me thinks the defense makes a statement and Duncanville convincingly wins the game. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if Desoto scored 50-60 points.

Comment

Originally posted by DHSPANTHERFANGG View Post
                Interested to see the adjustments Duncanville makes defensively. They have a lot of defensive talent and they haven’t seemed to mesh as of yet. The homer in me thinks the defense makes a statement and Duncanville convincingly wins the game. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if Desoto scored 50-60 points.
                Same with Eagles as they have been playing just plain simple football but do expect things to open up this week. Offense will either get into flow and control or shut down as you stated.. Don't think they will score points as you stated but do have capability to strike fast .

Comment

Originally posted by CHill View Post

2017 was a close game...Duncanville won that one 24-14 in DeSoto...kind of signaled the turning of the tide.......DeSoto beat Duncanville in 2016 41-17...I believe that was Coach Samples' second year at Duncanville.....

Comment

Desoto is not scoring 50 on DV.

Comment

I’ll take DV by 10. I’m not sure it’s a blowout like last year. DV had Daniels who was explosive and did a lot of damage

Comment

Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post

Desoto is not scoring 50 on DV.
                        If they do we’ll see y’all in round 2 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post
                          I’ll take DV by 10. I’m not sure it’s a blowout like last year. DV had Daniels who was explosive and did a lot of damage
                          Daniels was a bad man.

Comment

Daniels was a bad man.
                            If I was DV last year, I would've revolved most of the O around him. Sent him out of high school with huge stats, 1500yds rec/20 tds, 500yds rush/5tds

Comment

Originally posted by Blackgold View Post

If I was DV last year, I would've revolved most of the O around him. Sent him out of high school with huge stats, 1500yds rec/20 tds, 500yds rush/5tds
                              I think he was pretty close to those stats last year. With even missing a few games.

Comment

Working...
                              X