Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 3 - Lake Travis @ Rockwall - 9/10 - 7:30pm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post

    "a shot"? Lol I'm watching the LT/Judson game now.
    LT is favored. Our D is improved over past yrs but no doubt it's a tall order to stop/slow the LT offense. We need to stay healthy because we are in the middle game of a pretty tough five week stretch to open the season. Lil HE is sore today. Tough to fly around and bang bodies with these guys at 160 pounds. He's losing brain cells by the week. 😂
    Stop. The Quarry will be shaking and this is the first road trip for this team. Both teams have given up about the same points on D but Rock Wall’s O has been dynamic and scoring 12.5 more/game. I really like this matchup because both teams have very good defenses and balanced offensive attacks. Coaches will be looking for the mismatches and turnovers will matter. LT has spit up the rock an unusual amount of times and luckily recovered most….given up a couple picks as well.

    Armchair coaching priorities for LT:
    1. DB pass coverage strategy
    2. Get Bo and the short passing game ready and get #2 QB lots of reps too
    Last edited by Defense Wins Championships; 09-04-2021, 10:41 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post
      The best matchup of the young season. LT has been tested but not by this kind of firepower. Rockwall has an electric offense and a quickly improving defense. I expect this game to be a shootout with the LT defense making just enough plays to win.

      Keep an eye on 2 way LT star DJ Johnson. He has been nothing short of sensational in the first 2 games at RB and LB. He already has rushing tds , a TD reception, an INT return for a TD , sacks and a fumble recovery.
      I saw footage on DJ Johnson and wondered how is this his first opportunity to play running back. The kid is electric with the ball in his hands.

      Was the starter last year and this year that much better than he is?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by John Galt View Post
        Game to be decided by the team that has the ball last...100+ points scored in this one.
        Man, I really hate agreeing with you, but here we are.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Defense Wins Championships View Post

          Stop. The Quarry will be shaking and this is the first road trip for this team. Both teams have given up about the same points on D but Rock Wall’s O has been dynamic and scoring 12.5 more/game. I really like this matchup because both teams have very good defenses and balanced offensive attacks. Coaches will be looking for the mismatches and turnovers will matter. LT has spit up the rock an usual amount of times and luckily recovered most….given up a couple picks as well.

          Armchair coaching priorities for LT:
          1. DB pass coverage strategy
          2. Get Bo and the short passing game ready and get #2 QB lots of reps too
          This is correct. Whichever defense makes more plays is going to determine the outcome. There won’t be any stopping of either offense but a critical INT, fumble or sack will be key. I don’t trust the back of the LT defense yet but the front 7 looks salty.

          I am confident that LT will move the ball but scoring tds is the key. Field goals won’t win this game and turnovers will be crushing. Bo needs to be more accurate. I actually think LT might try to run the ball to control the clock and keep the Rockwall offense off the field.

          I think the boys will be excited and come to play. It will take a 4 quarter gut check to win.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

            I saw footage on DJ Johnson and wondered how is this his first opportunity to play running back. The kid is electric with the ball in his hands.

            Was the starter last year and this year that much better than he is?
            The starter last year was very good and had great speed. DJ brings speed and power. The soph RB who splits time with DJ is rugged as well. He is a stud

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by CooterBrown View Post

              Man, I really hate agreeing with you, but here we are.
              I would be shocked if LT gives up 50 points

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post
                The best matchup of the young season. LT has been tested but not by this kind of firepower. Rockwall has an electric offense and a quickly improving defense. I expect this game to be a shootout with the LT defense making just enough plays to win.

                Keep an eye on 2 way LT star DJ Johnson. He has been nothing short of sensational in the first 2 games at RB and LB. He already has rushing tds , a TD reception, an INT return for a TD , sacks and a fumble recovery.
                Man, it's really, really tough to be a two-way player against Rockwall. Their offensive tempo just wears kids down on defense. I remember a couple of seasons ago, Klein Oak had a stud that was an all-everything WR and CB, and by midway through the 3rd qtr he was absolutely gassed and became a non-factor. If I'm Hank, I've really got to think that I need to see where this kid helps us most, and just focus him on that side of the ball.

                I don't do predictions beyond saying that last night's game vs Jesuit took almost 3 1/2 hours, and my guess is that with the scoring I expect next Friday, this game may last as long or longer. Also, for our LT friends, someone mentioned earlier about the construction on I-30 over the lake, it's no joke. Getting into and out of Rockwall is a lot like trying to drive through Austin during rush hour.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Yep getting over the lake is a challenge and one accident can make it a nightmare. This should be a high scoring entertaining game. I will likely be in attendance to watch this shoot out.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by CooterBrown View Post

                    Man, it's really, really tough to be a two-way player against Rockwall. Their offensive tempo just wears kids down on defense. I remember a couple of seasons ago, Klein Oak had a stud that was an all-everything WR and CB, and by midway through the 3rd qtr he was absolutely gassed and became a non-factor. If I'm Hank, I've really got to think that I need to see where this kid helps us most, and just focus him on that side of the ball.

                    I don't do predictions beyond saying that last night's game vs Jesuit took almost 3 1/2 hours, and my guess is that with the scoring I expect next Friday, this game may last as long or longer. Also, for our LT friends, someone mentioned earlier about the construction on I-30 over the lake, it's no joke. Getting into and out of Rockwall is a lot like trying to drive through Austin during rush hour.
                    At one point i turned my car off and got out to look ahead to see what was going on. I was unable to exit for 161 and 635 so ended up downtown where the exit to i35N was closed. 1.5 hour trip home at 10:30pm.

                    For LT fans, if you see emergency lights ahead of you, get onto the feeder asap. Or better yet, spend the night and go eat near the Lake in the morning.
                    "There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by CooterBrown View Post

                      Man, it's really, really tough to be a two-way player against Rockwall. Their offensive tempo just wears kids down on defense. I remember a couple of seasons ago, Klein Oak had a stud that was an all-everything WR and CB, and by midway through the 3rd qtr he was absolutely gassed and became a non-factor. If I'm Hank, I've really got to think that I need to see where this kid helps us most, and just focus him on that side of the ball.

                      I don't do predictions beyond saying that last night's game vs Jesuit took almost 3 1/2 hours, and my guess is that with the scoring I expect next Friday, this game may last as long or longer. Also, for our LT friends, someone mentioned earlier about the construction on I-30 over the lake, it's no joke. Getting into and out of Rockwall is a lot like trying to drive through Austin during rush hour.
                      Got on 30 to get home just as they shut it down after the game Thursday (shoulda done some research). Added at least 30 minutes to the drive home.

                      Rockwall is hard to get to and a tough joint to play in. LT looks good but I think Rockwall wins a close one at home.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

                        At one point i turned my car off and got out to look ahead to see what was going on. I was unable to exit for 161 and 635 so ended up downtown where the exit to i35N was closed. 1.5 hour trip home at 10:30pm.

                        For LT fans, if you see emergency lights ahead of you, get onto the feeder asap. Or better yet, spend the night and go eat near the Lake in the morning.
                        I know nothing of what all y'all are talking about. 😂😂😂😂 It took me only six mins to get to Rodeo Goat.

                        ​​​​​​

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post

                          I know nothing of what all y'all are talking about. 😂😂😂😂 It took me only six mins to get to Rodeo Goat.

                          ​​​​​​
                          You got somewhere to land a chopper near the stadium?

                          Sharky, take care of us man!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post

                            This is correct. Whichever defense makes more plays is going to determine the outcome. There won’t be any stopping of either offense but a critical INT, fumble or sack will be key. I don’t trust the back of the LT defense yet but the front 7 looks salty.

                            I am confident that LT will move the ball but scoring tds is the key. Field goals won’t win this game and turnovers will be crushing. Bo needs to be more accurate. I actually think LT might try to run the ball to control the clock and keep the Rockwall offense off the field.

                            I think the boys will be excited and come to play. It will take a 4 quarter gut check to win.
                            Yep, Hank may have to make a Saban-like, mid-game coaching decision and put Chuck in at QB if it comes to a point he can’t bear the performance anymore. It was good to have some backup WRs get a bunch of reps because you just never know.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Defense Wins Championships View Post
                              Yep, Hank may have to make a Saban-like, mid-game coaching decision and put Chuck in at QB if it comes to a point he can’t bear the performance anymore. It was good to have some backup WRs get a bunch of reps because you just never know.
                              I wonder if 5 Star Caleb Burton will be manning the WR slot? Bo is going to make you eat dem words!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post

                                I wonder if 5 Star Caleb Burton will be manning the WR slot? Bo is going to make you eat dem words!
                                He better pull them knee pads down. Lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X