Atascocita @ Allen 9/3/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Galt View Post

Solid analysis....Nobody's beating Westlake- not even Mater Dei!
    not sure about that but they’d give them a better game than DVille…

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherneck View Post

Maybe so but let’s face it, Westy was a great coach but would not have won 3 state titles without the Lewisville move-in. What is hilarious is that Allen fans seem to hold every Allen team (and QB especially) to the standards set by Kyler Murray. Get over it, KM was a generational talent the likes of which will likely never grace the halls at Allen High School ever again…..but those balding eagles will still run their mouth’s…..
      I don’t know if I’ll ever see another athlete dominate their competition like KM did

Comment

Originally posted by DPaul View Post

How long is that honeymoon?
        Any fans put a for sale sign in his lawn?

Comment

This is just one loss, but I am curious to see how Morris does. It seems a lot of people have assumed he will take Allen back to the next level, when it seems to me it is at least as likely he has moved on from the high school game altogether and it has moved on from him. College ball is an entirely different animal and it’s been a long time since he has had to manage a high school program and coach kids as young as 14. We’ll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDownDB11 View Post

not sure about that but they’d give them a better game than DVille…

we don’t have a team that would stay within 14 of mater dei. It is what it is …

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

we don’t have a team that would stay within 14 of mater dei. It is what it is …
              I will 100% guarantee Westlake won't loose to Mater Dei

Comment

Originally posted by john galt View Post

i will 100% guarantee westlake won't loose to mater dei
                lol
                Þetta reddast!

Comment

Originally posted by DragonDad View Post
                  This is just one loss, but I am curious to see how Morris does. It seems a lot of people have assumed he will take Allen back to the next level, when it seems to me it is at least as likely he has moved on from the high school game altogether and it has moved on from him. College ball is an entirely different animal and it’s been a long time since he has had to manage a high school program and coach kids as young as 14. We’ll see how it goes.
                  This was my initial assessment of Coach Morris coming back to high school and I was crucified for saying that. Everyone was saying how him coaching at a higher level would make his job easier than harder. Coaching adults and coaching kids is totally different
                  Last edited by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL; 09-04-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

This was my initial assessment of Coach Morris coming back to high school and I was crucified for saying that. Everyone was saying how him coaching at a higher level would make his job easier than harder. Coaching adults and coaching kids is totally different
                    Exactly. He was an offensive coordinator at a Power 5 school last year, coaching semi-pro young adults. And he’s been in that environment a long time. This ain’t that.

Not to mention, in any business or profession there is a certain level and type of BS and aggravation that you can put up with when you’re younger that is hard to deal with when you’re older, especially if you don’t really need the money. He’s still getting paid by Arkansas, or was until recently. How much could he really care, when it comes down to it?

Too small a sample size right now to make any conclusions, but this has never seemed like the sure bet people acted like it was.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonDad View Post

I think Allen will be okay. It's gonna take some time to get them to buy into his system. No difference than what happened to Duncanville when Samples arrived. My only question with Morris is how long will he stick around before a better job comes calling.

Comment

Originally posted by thechief View Post

Any fans put a for sale sign in his lawn?
                        He still lives in Highland Park. They don’t let Allen folk into Highland Park.

Comment

First time season ticket holder to Allen football (have a cheer kid…).

Yes, it was a blowout. Yes, Allen D looks like trash. Yes, you could tell Atascocita was hyped for this game (especially their QB).

But I do wonder how the game would have gone in the second half if not for the turnover at the end of the half, resulting in a deficit vs. potentially increasing their lead and the subsequent scoring drive on the first series of the 2nd half. After both of those, the game was basically done.

The sophomore QB clearly isn’t the next KM, but he did look decent throwing in a few series. Can he put it together, or is his inexperience going to continue the rest of the season? How he performs next game will tell us….

Was funny to hear the *****ing in the stands about the coach and parents complaining about lack of playing time. Boy, how just one regular season loss in a decade can make people flip!

Comment

They beat us with essentially the same 2 plays all night, with no adjustment from the DC. That shouldn't happen at any level.

Comment

Yikes. I've seen Atascocita play a lot over the years and if you lose to them at any point in the season you've got a LOT of work to do. They led Katy 21-6 at the half in 2018 and we managed to comeback and win, but that Katy team had a ton of growing up to do. Good luck, Allen. You guys should know how to right the ship as well as anyone.
                              Last edited by Bass; 09-05-2021, 12:38 PM.
                              Katy Tigers
                              Nine-Time State Champions
                              1959 1997 2000
                              2003 2007 2008
                              2012 2015 2020

Comment

This may the year Stump and Cita break through. 17 returners
                                but the main thing is this is the fastest defense they have had . LBs and DBs are all fast and not scared to come hit. But the real surprise has been the Dline, I thought this would be the area that would be lacking but the emergence of 99 and 91 has been a plus. The Online is all dogs and they have worked to establish the run game which is what we all wanted them to do. And as you know they keep QBs and Wrs .

Big Win for them but still a long way to go. Have Guyer in 2 weeks so will be able to really see how legit they are then IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X