**Official 2021 2-6A Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Official 2021 2-6A Thread**

I was going to wait for Groundhog Day to start this new topic.

The 2021 2-6A season is going to be, I believe, one of the more unpredictable ones in the state, except Lee and Mojo finishing 1-2.

Comment

5 finalists for the Midland High job were a HC on the coast, a HC in the panhandle, a HC on the South Plains, a Permian Basin assistant and a DFW assistant...my sources say they've narrowed that to two and are deciding today if they are going to bring those two back or make a decision in the next 24 hrs

Comment

I vote for the Permian basin assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by mojotrain View Post
          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by mike03car View Post
            I was going to wait for Groundhog Day to start this new topic.
            I wanted it and I got it! Hope the groundhog doesn't see his shadow or our teams will have 6 more seasons of losing in the 2nd round!

Comment

Originally posted by mojotrain View Post
              Put my vote down.

Comment

Originally posted by mike03car View Post
                The 2021 2-6A season is going to be, I believe, one of the more unpredictable ones in the state, except Lee and Mojo finishing 1-2.
                Well, there is a lot of returning starters for Permian coming back, a long with good JV/Freshman kids moving up. Lee has a good chunk of returning starters, a good QB prospect, the best RB in the district, 4 Oline and several receivers. Not sure on D, but there is several guys there returning. They also had a good freshman squad this year, Permian just barely got by them i think 14-8 or something like that. Should be interesting to see how things go. This year though, Lee and Permian will be the last district game and not the first. You guys will be up first.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt.Stepp View Post
                  5 finalists for the Midland High job were a HC on the coast, a HC in the panhandle, a HC on the South Plains, a Permian Basin assistant and a DFW assistant...my sources say they've narrowed that to two and are deciding today if they are going to bring those two back or make a decision in the next 24 hrs
                  I hear the current Permian OC (who has been rumored to be a candidate) got pretty emotional during the awards ceremonies at their football banquet over the weekend. Speculation is he knows he's leaving.

On the other hand, I heard Midland AD Feldt has been talking about being excited about their choice, one that has head coaching experience.
                  Bwahahaha

Comment

Hearing Permian’s OC will be announced as MHS next head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by chrislozoya52 View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	6786
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	591980

Comment

Originally posted by chrislozoya52 View Post
                        Can’t confirm it but I heard the same thing through the Grapevine Today. Hopefully it comes true.

Comment

Originally posted by WestTexasGuy1979 View Post

Can’t confirm it but I heard the same thing through the Grapevine Today. Hopefully it comes true.
                          You know what will be interesting? If he is the choice, if he does continue to run the same O.

Comment

Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

You know what will be interesting? If he is the choice, if he does continue to run the same O.
                            I hope he does, doesn’t take much to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by WestTexasGuy1979 View Post

I hope he does, doesn’t take much to stop it.
                              Even ours?

Comment

Working...
                              X