Early Graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Graduation

It seems that early graduation could play a significant role in the THSF playoffs this year. For example, if Davis and Banks are early enrollees, they would be gone in early January. At least one of the big Katy Taylor olinemen have said they are enrolling early at UT no matter what.

So many kids do it now that it could make a huge impact. What if LJ Johnson from Cy Fair leaves? Jojo Earle from Aledo? Savion Byrd from Dville? Eli Stowers from Guyer?

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post
    It seems that early graduation could play a significant role in the THSF playoffs this year. For example, if Davis and Banks are early enrollees, they would be gone in early January. At least one of the big Katy Taylor olinemen have said they are enrolling early at UT no matter what.

So many kids do it now that it could make a huge impact. What if LJ Johnson from Cy Fair leaves? Jojo Earle from Aledo? Savion Byrd from Dville? Eli Stowers from Guyer?
    It will potentially change outcomes. My take on it is we might as well view it the same as an injury. As the saying goes, "next man up".

It is regrettable without a doubt.
    Show a people as one thing, only one thing, over and over again, and that is what they become.
    Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Comment

We talked about this on the 5A board. Basically the UIL allows graduates to finish their season. This is really a baseball rule but it applies to football this season. My point was to just think of a team has 5 Or 10 D1 kids that graduate early and now they have all the time in the world to watch film. That teams football IQ should be boosted.

Comment

It may only affect a few but it would potentially affect teams that go late in the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by TheTrueKing View Post
          We talked about this on the 5A board. Basically the UIL allows graduates to finish their season. This is really a baseball rule but it applies to football this season. My point was to just think of a team has 5 Or 10 D1 kids that graduate early and now they have all the time in the world to watch film. That teams football IQ should be boosted.
          Yes, IF they have not moved on to their university of choice.
          Show a people as one thing, only one thing, over and over again, and that is what they become.
          Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

Yes, IF they have not moved on to their university of choice.
            This is correct. Hayden Conner has already said that he was moving into UT the first day classes start. His team made the semis last year. The semis this year will likely be in mid January.

I could certainly see someone like Jojo Earle enrolling early at LSU. It will be interesting to follow.

Comment

This is correct. Hayden Conner has already said that he was moving into UT the first day classes start. His team made the semis last year. The semis this year will likely be in mid January.

I could certainly see someone like Jojo Earle enrolling early at LSU. It will be interesting to follow.
              Then again, if UT delays the start of the spring semester...
              Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

Eli Stowers’ dad will want him at A&M the first day available

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDownDB11 View Post
                  Yep, he does not need to risk another injury

Comment

Originally posted by TheTrueKing View Post
                    UIL allows baseball kids to finish in the summer because they aren’t enrolled at a University correct? Also, once enrolled at a University don’t they also come under the auspices of the NCAA? Does the NCAA have a rule regarding participation in another organization?

Guyer has these potential losses that I know about:

Eli Stowers (A&M)
                    Deuce Harmon (A&M)
                    Jordan Eubanks (Fla St)

If they can play, Eli and Deuce potentially don’t have far to go. Jordan, once he gets to Fla St. probably isn’t coming back

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDownDB11 View Post
                      Don’t be so sure. Eli will be the driver behind whatever decision is made.

Comment

If they are both early enrollees, I bet they don’t make it to the semifinals.

Comment

My son would be moving on to college, you have done your part to help your high school, but we have bigger fish to fry here and I will not risk you getting hurt playing 3 more playoff game potentially for a state title that might not happen. I equate this season if it happens to college football players who decide not to play in the bowl games if it doesn't benefit them to play in the game. This is a business, and we have to start looking at it that way. These athletes are trying to get to the next level with the least amount of injuries possible.
                          Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth!!!!!!

-Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by 2000NSMustang!!! View Post
                            My son would be moving on to college, you have done your part to help your high school, but we have bigger fish to fry here and I will not risk you getting hurt playing 3 more playoff game potentially for a state title that might not happen. I equate this season if it happens to college football players who decide not to play in the bowl games if it doesn't benefit them to play in the game. This is a business, and we have to start looking at it that way. These athletes are trying to get to the next level with the least amount of injuries possible.
                            I think this will be the most common take among early enrollees. Baseball has the advantage of not having a regular semester starting in June - if HS football drags into the college semester I think the overwhelming majority of early enrollment guys leave.
                            Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

So then it would fall on the coaches to make sure the backups for those players got significant, quality playing time prior to that. It might make for some interesting decisions earlier in the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X