Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCTF District Power Rankings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DCTF District Power Rankings

    #TXHSFB District Power Rankings — Ranking All 192 Texas High School Football Districts

    https://t.co/2KCaX6CdrU

    JOIN THE FAM: https://t.co/r8xaiTTZoL https://t.co/IDGNTh2QK4

  • #2
    Based on DCTF's respectable rankings of the districts, the toughest 6A Regions are:
    1. Region 2- 121 points
    2. Region 1- 123 points
    3. Region 3- 140 ponts
    4. Region 4- 144 points

    IMO, region 1 should be the toughest top to bottom- and region 4 should be quite a bit farther behind Region 3. Region 3 and 4 are all top heavy with several pre-season top 10 teams, but the weaker district are very weak. I just don't see 32 and 30 above district 7 as well as ranking district 31 ahead of 18 and 22.

    I've always thought a better picture of the strength of a region is the teams that are ranked #6-10...the chart below is DCTF preseason rankings- broken down by regions. Numbers are the DCTF preseason ranking for each team.
    Region 1 Region 2 Region 3 Region 4
    Denton Guyer 5 Duncanville 2 North Shore 1 *Westlake 4
    Allen 6 Desoto 12 *Katy 3 Lake Travis 9
    SLC 7 *Spring Westfield 13 Shadow Creek 8 *Converse Judson 14
    Arlington Martin 11 Cedar Hill 16 Atascosita 10 *Cibolo Steele 18
    *Midland Lee 20 *Rockwall 17 Cy-Fair 15 SA Brandeis 21
    *Prosper 22 *Cy-Bridgeland 25 Katy Tompkins 19 SA Brennan 35
    Euless Trinity 23 Waco Midway 27 Dickinson 26 *Austin Vandegrift 37
    Arlington 24 *Klein Collins 29 FB Ridge Point 33 Schertz Clemens 39
    FM Marcus 28 The Woodlands 31 Katy Taylor 34 SA Wagner 43
    Dallas Jesuit 30 Klein Oak 44 Pearland 36 Edinburg Vela 46
    127 pts for #6-10 156 pts for #6-10 148 pts for #6-10 200 pts for #6-10
    RED = #6-10 ranked teams in each region according to DCTF preseason rankings
    BLUE = Point totals for teams ranked 6-10 in each region in DCTF preseason rankings
    BOLD = Division 1 Lock

    *BOLD = Projected D1 by DCTF- but could also be D2
    *ITALIC = Projected D2- but could be also be D1
    Last edited by John Galt; 06-23-2020, 08:54 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Is SL a D2 lock?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ShutDownDB11 View Post
        Is SL a D2 lock?

        Almost certainly not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by John Galt View Post
          Based on DCTF's respectable rankings, the toughest 6A Regions are:
          1. Region 2- 121 points
          2. Region 1- 123 points
          3. Region 3- 140 ponts
          4. Region 4- 144 points

          IMO, region 1 should be the toughest top to bottom- and region 4 should be quite a bit farther behind Region 3. Region 3 and 4 are all top heavy with several pre-season top 10 teams, but the weaker district are very weak. I just don't see 32 and 30 above district 7 as well as ranking district 31 ahead of 18 and 22.

          I've always thought a better picture of the strength of a region is the teams that are ranked #6-10...the chart below is DCTF preseason rankings- broken down by regions.
          Region 1 Region 2 Region 3 Region 4
          Denton Guyer Duncanville North Shore Westlake
          Allen Desoto Katy Lake Travis
          SLC Spring Westfield Shadow Creek Converse Judson
          Arlington Martin Cedar Hill Humble Atascosita Cibolo Steele
          Midland Lee Rockwall Cy-Fair SA Brandeis
          Prosper Cy-Bridgeland Katy Tompkins SA Brennan
          Euless Trinity Waco Midway Dickinson Austin Vandegrift
          Arlington Klein Collins FB Ridge Point Schertz Clemens
          Flower Mound Marcus The Woodlands Katy Taylor SA Wagner
          Dallas Jesuit Klein Oak Pearland Edinburg Vela

          None of that matters when it comes to getting out of a Region. R3D1 is by far the toughest, while R1D2 is by far the easiest.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LT Shark View Post

            None of that matters when it comes to getting out of a Region. R3D1 is by far the toughest, while R1D2 is by far the easiest.
            Agreed

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ShutDownDB11 View Post
              Is SL a D2 lock?
              No.
              _____________________________

              Sic Semper Tyrannis

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by John Galt View Post
                Based on DCTF's respectable rankings, the toughest 6A Regions are:
                1. Region 2- 121 points
                2. Region 1- 123 points
                3. Region 3- 140 ponts
                4. Region 4- 144 points

                IMO, region 1 should be the toughest top to bottom- and region 4 should be quite a bit farther behind Region 3. Region 3 and 4 are all top heavy with several pre-season top 10 teams, but the weaker district are very weak. I just don't see 32 and 30 above district 7 as well as ranking district 31 ahead of 18 and 22.

                I've always thought a better picture of the strength of a region is the teams that are ranked #6-10...the chart below is DCTF preseason rankings- broken down by regions.
                Region 1 Region 2 Region 3 Region 4
                Denton Guyer Duncanville North Shore Westlake
                Allen Desoto Katy Lake Travis
                SLC Spring Westfield Shadow Creek Converse Judson
                Arlington Martin Cedar Hill Humble Atascosita Cibolo Steele
                Midland Lee Rockwall Cy-Fair SA Brandeis
                Prosper Cy-Bridgeland Katy Tompkins SA Brennan
                Euless Trinity Waco Midway Dickinson Austin Vandegrift
                Arlington Klein Collins FB Ridge Point Schertz Clemens
                Flower Mound Marcus The Woodlands Katy Taylor SA Wagner
                Dallas Jesuit Klein Oak Pearland Edinburg Vela

                Technically region 2 has a lot of region 3 GHA teams in it, but that's how they scripted it so yes region 2 is the best
                Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth!!!!!!


                -Mike Tyson

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by John Galt View Post
                  Based on DCTF's respectable rankings, the toughest 6A Regions are:
                  1. Region 2- 121 points
                  2. Region 1- 123 points
                  3. Region 3- 140 ponts
                  4. Region 4- 144 points

                  IMO, region 1 should be the toughest top to bottom- and region 4 should be quite a bit farther behind Region 3. Region 3 and 4 are all top heavy with several pre-season top 10 teams, but the weaker district are very weak. I just don't see 32 and 30 above district 7 as well as ranking district 31 ahead of 18 and 22.

                  I've always thought a better picture of the strength of a region is the teams that are ranked #6-10...the chart below is DCTF preseason rankings- broken down by regions.
                  Region 1 Region 2 Region 3 Region 4
                  Denton Guyer Duncanville North Shore Westlake
                  Allen Desoto Katy Lake Travis
                  SLC Spring Westfield Shadow Creek Converse Judson
                  Arlington Martin Cedar Hill Humble Atascosita Cibolo Steele
                  Midland Lee Rockwall Cy-Fair SA Brandeis
                  Prosper Cy-Bridgeland Katy Tompkins SA Brennan
                  Euless Trinity Waco Midway Dickinson Austin Vandegrift
                  Arlington Klein Collins FB Ridge Point Schertz Clemens
                  Flower Mound Marcus The Woodlands Katy Taylor SA Wagner
                  Dallas Jesuit Klein Oak Pearland Edinburg Vela
                  But in Region 4 All those Teams come from competitive districts except Vela. With limited non district not much in our district except Mission from what I hear. All the stronger Teams are in the other Valley division.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LT Shark View Post

                    None of that matters when it comes to getting out of a Region. R3D1 is by far the toughest, while R1D2 is by far the easiest.
                    R3D1 is toughest because specifically only two teams (NS/Katy) have a realistic shot. If no SL R1D2 is a pretty easy ride to the semis.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LT Shark View Post

                      None of that matters when it comes to getting out of a Region. R3D1 is by far the toughest, while R1D2 is by far the easiest.
                      The first part of this is true if Katy Seven Lakes doesn't have a really good season. Second part I agree with.
                      Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

                        The first part of this is true if Katy Seven Lakes doesn't have a really good season. Second part I agree with.
                        Would Ponds have what’s considered a really good season if they “beat” Katy?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LT Shark View Post

                          Would Ponds have what’s considered a really good season if they “beat” Katy?
                          I'd think so especially considering they've gotten killed the last 5 years by Katy by a combined score of 31-241! And I'd be willing to bet the majority of their 31 points in those 5 games have come against Katy 2s and 3s. lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LT Shark View Post

                            Would Ponds have what’s considered a really good season if they “beat” Katy?
                            That's not my point. If they rise up and get 4th in the district then Katy is not in the R3D1 playoff field. Without Katy, R3D1 is no longer "by far the toughest". With Katy, it is.
                            Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

                              That's not my point. If they rise up and get 4th in the district then Katy is not in the R3D1 playoff field. Without Katy, R3D1 is no longer "by far the toughest". With Katy, it is.

                              MY point was does Katy go all Temple/West Brook on us and "somehow" lose to Ponds, just so they don't have to face us in the semis again?

                              Remember last year when a couple of the SLC guys asked about intentionally throwing their final game, presumably so they'd go D2 and avoid playing Lewisville?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X