Division II Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Second half is where Longview is just dominated teams this season.

Lufkin is the only team that has been able to score multiple times in the 2nd half on our first team.

Last night's 3rd quarter touchdown to make it 35-14 was just the fourth time this season the Lobo first team D has allowed a touchdown in the second half.

As you've said this past week, Temple might be the best offense we've seen thus far. But I can definitely guarantee this will be the best defense y'all have played up until this point.
    Im just hoping Lufkin shows up this post season. Our RB just got an Arkansas offer and he's healthy now. Going to miss Polk though.

Comment

Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post

Before I come off sounding self righteous, we are capable of being arrogant..... just wasn't us this time.
      Well, I would probably be a little arrogant too if I thought we had a team that could compete with you guys this year,lol but this truly is a terrible match-up for Temple.

Comment

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
        How are the Temple special teams? I haven't seen y'all mention them at all.
        Very good FG kicker and kick off also. Can send the ball out of the end zone on kick offs.

Comment

Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post

Before I come off sounding self righteous, we are capable of being arrogant..... just wasn't us this time.
          I have no problem with arrogance. It slides off my back and I usually get a chuckle.

Comment

In this game I see nothing wrong with Temple onside kicking whenever Temple kicks off. Also never punt, even if it's 4th and 40 at the 2. The reason for this is Temple has not shown much D all season except against maybe against Heights but we did fairly good last night. Temple is not going to start playing D consistently against Longview. So it won't make much difference if the Lobos start a drive on a long field or a short field. You never know, an onside kick might be recovered or a 4th down try might get a first down.

Comment

Originally posted by OldCatFan View Post
              In this game I see nothing wrong with Temple onside kicking whenever Temple kicks off. Also never punt, even if it's 4th and 40 at the 2. The reason for this is Temple has not shown much D all season except against maybe against Heights but we did fairly good last night. Temple is not going to start playing D consistently against Longview. So it won't make much difference if the Lobos start a drive on a long field or a short field. You never know, an onside kick might be recovered or a 4th down try might get a first down.
              We played no one and got nothing

Comment

Lots of sand bagging from Temple fans...you guys have crazy talent and can stay with anyone if you keep the turnovers low...Longview has been in a couple of dogfights this year but not since Lufkin or West Monroe....this should be a really good game with Longview pulling away

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post
                  Lots of sand bagging from Temple fans...you guys have crazy talent and can stay with anyone if you keep the turnovers low...Longview has been in a couple of dogfights this year but not since Lufkin or West Monroe....this should be a really good game with Longview pulling away
                  We failed to do that in games we lost. We must protect and hold onto the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

Im just hoping Lufkin shows up this post season. Our RB just got an Arkansas offer and he's healthy now. Going to miss Polk though.
                    Berry getting major offers before Meredith is insane lol

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                      It's may be more about size. Let's be honest Berry ain't exactly running behind a great line. Meredith has played 2 elite defenses this year and he was shut down for the most part atleast in the Lufkin game. Im guessing West Monroe too. I like Meridith. He might be better then Berry but I don't think it's a big gap.

Just had to own my mistake I see Meredith went for 191 against West Monroe but only 75 against Lufkin.
                      Last edited by Gametyme; 11-09-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I don't think their sand bagging. I think the defense is a real pause for concern. I know they hate the youth excuse but when you're the young it's going to be problematic. Temple pass defense is actually legit. Not bad at all. They just struggle in run support and fitting right. They can force turn overs via interceptions. They have to be in Double digit picks this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                          Where's Texas? They should be offering Meredith, lol. Does he have any offers? Kids a stud RB.

Comment

Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

Where's Texas? They should be offering Meredith, lol. Does he have any offers? Kids a stud RB.
                            Hes listed 5'9 179. Only thing I can think of but he's just a JR and has 3 stars. His recruiting going to pick up. Berry is 6'2 200 or close to to it. He's been banged up all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

Hes listed 5'9 179. Only thing I can think of but he's just a JR and has 3 stars. His recruiting going to pick up. Berry is 6'2 200 or close to to it. He's been banged up all season.
                              Size doesn't really mean much to me, especially at the RB spot. There's guys Meredith size playing at the collegiate and NFL level. He's got obvious talent.

Comment

Not at all. I am a realistic fan. Our young defense has never experienced what they are about to experience Friday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X