Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Thank ya good sir!

Best of luck to your boys this playoff run!! Won't lie that I was hoping y'all would go D2!
    I think we would have had a good game. D has picked up their intensity and a number of injured are back. Take it to the bank and get your repeat! I would love to see a Westlake/Longview game.
    “Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” --Voltaire

"There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Comment

Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

This is what I'm afraid is going to happen. Close 1st half. Then Longview should be able to pull away.
      Second half is where Longview is just dominated teams this season.

Lufkin is the only team that has been able to score multiple times in the 2nd half on our first team.

Last night's 3rd quarter touchdown to make it 35-14 was just the fourth time this season the Lobo first team D has allowed a touchdown in the second half.

As you've said this past week, Temple might be the best offense we've seen thus far. But I can definitely guarantee this will be the best defense y'all have played up until this point.
      THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
      5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
      40 District Championships
      '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
      '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
      '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
      '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
      '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Originally posted by TEMPLE WILDCATS View Post

Guys. Love my Wildcats, but we have no shot in hell. Sorry our D is just not gonna magically get good against one of the best teams in the nation. Lets b realistic now.
        What's been the issue on D for y'all? Just youth?

Do y'all have any injuries that might cause players to miss Friday?

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

Mikal is my step son lived with me until he was nearly 12. He's going to play QB. Maybe Allen beats him out next year and he has one more year at FS.
          OK then I regress to you. lol. Nah we need Luke in the slot. They need to get inventive on offense. Luke has speed. They need to jet sweep him once in a while, half back pass. You can put luke in the slot, outside, RB. Ever since Spradlin ,left and all of his coaches, the offense is in some needed transformation, and stewart need to get some good assistants, not hire coaches from 0-10 teams the yr before.We need a new OC very badly. We have great wr's that slants would work with, but I don't think any have been called.
          Last edited by TEMPLE WILDCATS; 11-09-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

What's been the issue on D for y'all? Just youth?

Do y'all have any injuries that might cause players to miss Friday?
            That young excuse worked for awhile, but it has got old. we just haven't got any better. We had to change the D from the 4-2-5 we were running because we lost our big front line going from a couple of 300 pounders to a tiny line change to a 3-4. Our guys are tiny, anywhere from 225- 245 maybe. One of our rb's went out early and never returned. We had a soph that has never played this yr start for another soph, so not sure if the guy was injured or what. we have some banged up players, but so do everyone else at this time. What makes me shiver is holding Rockwall to 3 points. Good Lord that is impressive.
            Last edited by TEMPLE WILDCATS; 11-09-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Second half is where Longview is just dominated teams this season.

Lufkin is the only team that has been able to score multiple times in the 2nd half on our first team.

Last night's 3rd quarter touchdown to make it 35-14 was just the fourth time this season the Lobo first team D has allowed a touchdown in the second half.

As you've said this past week, Temple might be the best offense we've seen thus far. But I can definitely guarantee this will be the best defense y'all have played up until this point.
              no question about it. This will be the best defense we will have seem, and sadly our d may be the weakest you will have faced this yr.

Comment

He's not a Longview fan.
                SMH! All 3 posts made were by Rockwall fans AND Temple fans say WE are trying to stir them up? Amazing!
                Last edited by LOBOFAN84; 11-09-2019, 10:16 AM.
                LOBO4LIFE

Comment

sadly our d may be the weakest you will have faced this yr.
                  Can't be any worse than North's! ha

Comment

Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post

SMH! All 3 posts made were by Rockwall fans AND Temple fans says WE agree trying to stir them up? Amazing!
                    Apologies.Have nothing but respect for Longview. I see Temple and longview as mirror images in tradition, fanbase, When Temple has been good they make deep runs as do longview.Both impressive rich history in TEXAS football.
                    Last edited by TEMPLE WILDCATS; 11-09-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Guys. Love my Wildcats, but we have no shot in hell. Sorry our D is just not gonna magically get good against one of the best teams in the nation. Lets b realistic now.
                      Yes. We must remember Temple has defeated seven door mats and went 1-2 against teams I consider moderately good at the time we played them (Cedar Ridge, Shoemaker, Midway).
                      Even though we defeated Shoemaker we were trailing after three quarters 21-17. That game was not easy, but when we weren't fumbling and throwing interceptions in the two losses we usually scored TD's. Against Longview we must solve our turnover problem or it's all over after the first quarter.

Comment

How are the Temple special teams? I haven't seen y'all mention them at all.

Comment

How are the Temple special teams? I haven't seen y'all mention them at all.
                          there ok. Good punter, Kicker. #5 #12 on kickoffs have some speed.

Comment

Apologies.
                            Before I come off sounding self righteous, we are capable of being arrogant..... just wasn't us this time.
                            LOBO4LIFE

Comment

there ok. Good punter, Kicker. #5 #12 on kickoffs have some speed.
                              Mesquite was the first team to really get some good kickoff returns on us, that I can remember at least. But they were also 2/3 yards into the end zone and he kept bringing them out.

Our kicker hasn't made a field goal since the Horn game. But all of them have been from 40+ yards that he has missed (I think only two or three).

Our punt return problems have been well documented in our team thread over the season. But we haven't had an issue the last two weeks!!

Comment

Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post

Before I come off sounding self righteous, we are capable of being arrogant..... just wasn't us this time.
                                Well, I would probably be a little arrogant too if I thought we had a team that could compete with you guys this year,lol but this truly is a terrible match-up for Temple.

Comment

Working...
                                X