X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plano ISD cancels game with Eastwood

WTH? Bad look Plano

Per Matt Stepp:
    ]BREAKING: 3 weeks before Plano was scheduled to host El Paso Eastwood; Plano ISD had cancelled their Week 2 game @dctf

Plano ISD said it is for safety reasons. Plano PD says no credible threat. Not sure what they are afraid of.

Uncoachable kids become unemployable adults, let your kids get use to someone being hard on them. It's life, get over it. Patrick Murphy- Alabama Softball

Horrible look for Plano. Hopefully Eastwood can find a replacement.
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Plano NOT handling it like a trooper...

Comment

Glad someone posted this. I'm torn between this decision but I am leading to just play the game. I hear the kids want to play on both sides. I'm trying to understand the safety issues unless it is the thought of a few yelling from the stands that could spark something? You know how kids can be..... I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by DPaul View Post
          Glad someone posted this. I'm torn between this decision but I am leading to just play the game. I hear the kids want to play on both sides. I'm trying to understand the safety issues unless it is the thought of a few yelling from the stands that could spark something? You know how kids can be..... I don't know.
          Why shouldn't it be played?

The Plano Football team had decals printed saying El Paso strong. Both booster clubs were working on a joint fund raiser for the victims. Alumni from El Paso Eastwood that live in the metroplex were getting together for the game. A mini reunion.

Uncoachable kids become unemployable adults, let your kids get use to someone being hard on them. It's life, get over it. Patrick Murphy- Alabama Softball

Comment

Originally posted by slorch View Post
            Plano NOT handling it like a trooper...
            Well played.

Comment

If anything, they should not play Allen. That's were the killer is from. Not El Paso.

Comment

Heard reports that El Paso was never consulted or had conversation with Plano officials. El Paso wants to play. Also heard in exchange for cancelling, Plano(team) started a go fund account and would take(drive)proceeds to them.

twitter: Coach [email protected]_Coach F

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
                  Heard reports that El Paso was never consulted or had conversation with Plano officials. El Paso wants to play. Also heard in exchange for cancelling, Plano(team) started a go fund account and would take(drive)proceeds to them.
                  Heard the same thing. Hopefully Eastwood can find a game. I think Plano had already started the page and was going to present at the game. IMO adults should follow the kids example more.

Comment

To me this is a poor decision, based on the fact that you're letting the shooter get what they want. They want to cause a divide, cause a rift between people and communities. Create chaos, if you will. This would be a great way to show unity and bringing two communities together after such a tragedy. Instead it feels like they took the easy way out.

There are certainly many factors that go into a decision like this, but imo, i think it was a poor one. Let the kids play and bring everyone together through the love of football.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
                      I heard similar things from Matt Stepp on twitter from what he was saying and retweeting.

Comment

Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post
                        To me this is a poor decision, based on the fact that you're letting the shooter get what they want. They want to cause a divide, cause a rift between people and communities. Create chaos, if you will. This would be a great way to show unity and bringing two communities together after such a tragedy. Instead it feels like they took the easy way out.

There are certainly many factors that go into a decision like this, but imo, i think it was a poor one. Let the kids play and bring everyone together through the love of football.
                        Well spoken...

Comment

Spot on!

Comment

Weak response by Plano ISD IMO. No credible threat, but let's recognize these sociopaths for their actions? How about, play the game despite their actions?
                            ├×etta reddast!

Comment

Also if there was that serious of a concern then both parties meet and discuss along with law authorities to gauge situation and plan accordingly to see if a cancellation is warranted. If no immediate threat of safety for all parties then the game is on especially if El Paso is in favor of playing. If anything if Plano felt unsafe then as a courtesy travel to El Paso or a neutral place and play. In this situation(by cancelling)fear and the shooter wins by division and separation rather than two communities coming together(unifying)and sharing a bond of love and kindness for the families and city of El Paso.

twitter: Coach [email protected]_Coach F

Comment

Working...
                              X