Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCTF Chats with Beaumont West Brook HC Eric Peevey at THSCA

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

I like Coach Peevy...Idk if they will be able to duplicate the success of last season

Comment

How bad does NS beat them this year?

Comment

Originally posted by titus211 View Post
        How bad does NS beat them this year?
        Probably worse than we beat them last year.... 59-6

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Probably worse than we beat them last year.... 59-6
          I think that is why most folks outside of Longview do not think much of their state title, squeaking by Westbrook.

Comment

I think that is why most folks outside of Longview do not think much of their state title, squeaking by Westbrook.
            And you would be correct

Comment

Most people I've come across were actually impressed by it.

16-0 state champs.

How'd your alma mater do in 2018?

Comment

It took us 81 years to get here. Do you think a single person inside of Longview cares what a single person outside of Longview thinks about our title?
                THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
                40 District Championships
                '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

A title, is a title, is a title..

Comment

And you would be correct
                    I think that is why most folks outside of NS do not think much of their 2015 state title, squeaking by Westlake.

See what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by sTp View Post

I think that is why most folks outside of NS do not think much of their 2015 state title, squeaking by Westlake.

See what I did there?
                      Woah.

Comment

See what I did there?
                        I can accept that because in all honesty I was surprised as anyone we won the title that year. It was definitely not one of our top teams or more dominant teams but they got the job done

Comment

I can accept that because in all honesty I was surprised as anyone we won the title that year. It was definitely not one of our top teams or more dominant teams but they got the job done
                          But that's just it, it would be silly for me to try to make that argument in sincerity.

Fact is, NS won in 2015, Longview won in 2018. In my eyes they are both worthy champs.

Comment

But that's just it, it would be silly for me to try to make that argument in sincerity.

Fact is, NS won in 2015, Longview won in 2018. In my eyes they are both worthy champs.
                            I've never discredit LV or their championship because I know how hard it is to win a title. We've had some of the best teams year in and year out and some of the best talent to come through the state and have only be able to win 3 titles. A title is a title and it takes a lot of things to go right to win one on any level. I just don't think LV was a all time great time like a lot of the LV faithful hail them as

Comment

I think Longview just blew their wad a little early in round 3. They were probably about as fired up for that game as the state title, and they did not look like the same team later on in the playoffs. And if the same team I saw played WB they honestly would have pounded them.

I have 0 problem saying that they were better than anyone other than DV or NS last year and probably be somewhat competitive with them. Fantastic team.

Comment

Working...
                              X