Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCTF Chats with Austin Vandegrift HC Drew Sanders at THSCA

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

You should have asked coach Sanders why he won’t even scrimmage LT much less play them. 😂. Only a couple of miles away!

Comment

To be fair, it's possible that they were anticipating being in the same district again this go around, so all the pre-district games were set already. IDK about the scrimmage though, but it was probably a two-year agreement for us at least, since we have Belton again.

No excuses next go around though.

Comment

Predistrict games are set AFTER realignment. I hope the teams can play next year too. It is a natural

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post
          Predistrict games are set AFTER realignment. I hope the teams can play next year too. It is a natural
          They are officially set after realignment but there are wink-wink agreements in place long before then...in fact a lot of them are already in place right now

Comment

Originally posted by Matt.Stepp View Post

They are officially set after realignment but there are wink-wink agreements in place long before then...in fact a lot of them are already in place right now
            I just think that it is not great that Vandy didn’t schedule LT. The schools are right next door. Hopefully they can play the next two years.

Comment

I just think that it is not great that Vandy didn’t schedule LT. The schools are right next door. Hopefully they can play the next two years.
              True, I would much rather play LT than Ellison. We are becoming much more competitive, and I anticipate staying very competitive for the near future, so I think the Killeen games need to go for now. But, the possibility of being in the same district again, Cedar Park being a lock for one of our pre districts and a history of playing Killeen schools every year since back in the 5A days probably prevented it on Vandy's end. That and I dont think too many people on either side would have predicted the meteoric rise of our program last year. Maybe Ellison will be improved and give us a game this time, but another tougher predistrict game next year would be a welcome sight.

Comment

Good HC. Remember when he was at Austin Travis. He will win eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by titus211 View Post
                  Good HC. Remember when he was at Austin Travis. He will win eventually.
                  If you think about it he's already won at Vandegrift; a state semifinal, a regional final and a regional semi-final isn't too bad

2010 Leander Vandegrift 4-6-0
                  2011 Leander Vandegrift 8-4-0
                  2012 Leander Vandegrift 5-5-0
                  2013 Leander Vandegrift 9-3-0
                  2014 Leander Vandegrift​ 12-3-0
                  2015 Leander Vandegrift 11-3-0
                  2016 Leander Vandegrift 6-6-0
                  2017 Leander Vandegrift 7-5-0
                  2018 Leander Vandegrift 12-1-0

Comment

I'm talking STATE TITLES!!! He has everything WL/LT have, save he plays in a better district. I think he is a HC that leaves not excuses and will get the Vipers to the perennial power level at the 6A level. He beat CR, Hendrickson and RR to win a tough league last year with defense. He says he will have the high powered offense this year, which is the norm. CR is the main threat, but RR and Hendrickson have some talent, but VR has the program.

Comment

Originally posted by titus211 View Post
                      I'm talking STATE TITLES!!! He has everything WL/LT have, save he plays in a better district. I think he is a HC that leaves not excuses and will get the Vipers to the perennial power level at the 6A level. He beat CR, Hendrickson and RR to win a tough league last year with defense. He says he will have the high powered offense this year, which is the norm. CR is the main threat, but RR and Hendrickson have some talent, but VR has the program.
                      Then why won’t he schedule LT?

Comment

Gotta take it one step at a time. Broke the CP curse this year, the LT curse is next.

In all seriousness, I think we'd be relatively closely matched if we would have played these last two seasons, but LT still would have the edge. 20 and 21 will probably be as good a shot as any to finally beat LT, hopefully it gets scheduled.

Comment

Bring back the Dam game !!!!

Comment

Drew is gonna have to get a set! It would be a great atmosphere.
                            “I think we’re in a great spot,” Carter said. “We’ve got to get bigger and stronger still. That’s always been the deal for us when we’ve fallen short. We couldn’t stop the run, and we couldn’t hold up with our offensive front. The work we do this summer is going to be very important.”

Comment

Then why won’t he schedule LT?
                              Same reason SA NSISD schools usually never played Converse Judson in non-district and the Rockets and NEISD teams usually dominated SA area football in 70s-90s and even still now. His school is new and has a weak psyche vs LT.

Comment

Working...
                              X