Best Chance in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Chance in 2019

Lilbradford said "NS has the best chance to win a title in 2019 out of every team in the state" in the NS vs Duncanville pt2 thread. Do you agree? Why or why not? If not then who has a better chance?

Originally posted by TheTrueKing View Post
    Lilbradford said "NS has the best chance to win a title in 2019 out of every team in the state" in the NS vs Duncanville pt2 thread. Do you agree? Why or why not? If not then who has a better chance?
    Is this just a 6A D1 question?
    Þetta reddast!

Comment

If he means 6A, then sure.

If he means statewide...Aledo winning 5A D2 is as obvious as GSW winning it all yearly with healthy Kevin Durant. No one should be able to play within 21 of Aledo.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post

Is this just a 6A D1 question?
        I took it to mean any team in the state regardless of classification. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

I took it to mean any team in the state regardless of classification. Maybe I'm wrong.
          I agree with WP4L
          Þetta reddast!

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
            If he means 6A, then sure.

If he means statewide...Aledo winning 5A D2 is as obvious as GSW winning it all yearly with healthy Kevin Durant. No one should be able to play within 21 of Aledo.
            I like SOCs chances this year, may not win but I don’t think they lose by 21

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

Teams like Marshall, FB Marshall and Huntsville have better chances than SOC and those teams shouldn't even be able to play within 21 of Aledo IMO.

Comment

Yeah idk about the whole 21 points thing but SOC was the best team Aledo played last season. Not sure if the LV guy knows Aledo has to replace the entire o-line and several d-line starters.
                Last edited by TheTrueKing; 07-09-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Teams like Marshall, FB Marshall and Huntsville have better chances than SOC and those teams shouldn't even be able to play within 21 of Aledo IMO.
                  Why do you think those teams have better chances?

Comment

Why do you think those teams have better chances?
                    Depth and they all have just as much talent. Remember, big time QB's win the ships in this state for the most part. Look at what Aledo, FB Marshall, Marshall and Huntsville have at QB compared to SOC.

Also, if the narrative of "Aledo > Longview" is true, then no one..especially SOC should have close games vs Aledo.

Longview would destroy every single one of those top 5A D2 teams, just watch what they do to Marshall. Id expect the same for Aledo if Aledo > Longview.

Comment

Depth and they all have just as much talent. Remember, big time QB's win the ships in this state for the most part. Look at what Aledo, FB Marshall, Marshall and Huntsville have at QB compared to SOC.

Also, if the narrative of "Aledo > Longview" is true, then no one..especially SOC should have close games vs Aledo.

Longview would destroy every single one of those top 5A D2 teams, just watch what they do to Marshall. Id expect the same for Aledo if Aledo > Longview.
                      Aledo has to reload their entire OL. They’re not invincible even in 5A SOC has better interior play than the others you listed. FB Marshall was not very good IMO last year.

Comment

I think North Shore will probably be the best team this season as far as talent goes, but they do have some threats on the way to state. Lake Travis will be returning 15 starters and will be looking the best theyve looked since 2016, even with Garrett Wilson. Katy will be looking better this year. Their passing game gave north shore the most trouble last year and all the starting receivers, tight ends, and qb return this year. And while North Shore's offense will easily be the best in the state, they might be a little vulnerable on defense. If I were betting on it I'd say they still make it to state, but Duncanville probably has the best chance to get back to state and win. They'll likely make it to state almost completely unopposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan1999 View Post

I think North Shore will probably be the best team this season as far as talent goes, but they do have some threats on the way to state. Lake Travis will be returning 15 starters and will be looking the best theyve looked since 2016, even with Garrett Wilson. Katy will be looking better this year. Their passing game gave north shore the most trouble last year and all the starting receivers, tight ends, and qb return this year. And while North Shore's offense will easily be the best in the state, they might be a little vulnerable on defense. If I were betting on it I'd say they still make it to state, but Duncanville probably has the best chance to get back to state and win. They'll likely make it to state almost completely unopposed.
                          I’m cautiously optimistic about NS defense. On paper their D is as talented anyone sans duncanville. They’ll have a bigger DL than last year, return an excellent DL
                          coach, will have a talented and aggressive LB group and shut down secondary. On top of that they get to practice against the best offense in the state vs the run and pass. Kay is a good defensive minded coach. I think this unit is flying under the radar.

Comment

I’m cautiously optimistic about NS defense. On paper their D is as talented anyone sans duncanville. They’ll have a bigger DL than last year, return an excellent DL
                            coach, will have a talented and aggressive LB group and shut down secondary. On top of that they get to practice against the best offense in the state vs the run and pass. Kay is a good defensive minded coach. I think this unit is flying under the radar.
                            Who do you imagine will be their biggest threat on the way to state? Katy? Lake Travis? Atascocita? Or will they not have any major competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan1999 View Post

Who do you imagine will be their biggest threat on the way to state? Katy? Lake Travis? Atascocita? Or will they not have any major competition?
                              All 3 could be a threat, but playing KT twice is tough. It gives KT a chance to adjust to NS from game 1 to playoff matchup.

Comment

Working...
                              X