Maxpreps top 10 quarterbacks nationally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxpreps top 10 quarterbacks nationally

Maxpreps has dropped it's top ten list on national quarterbacks and 4 are from Texas. I'm sure this list is going to ruffle a lot of feathers in here...

#3 Ja'Quinden Jackson- Duncanville
    #4 Demtrius Davis- North Shore
    #7 Hudson Card- Lake Travis
    #8 Haynes King- Longview

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.a...MPM-03-10aaa3c

Only will “ruffle feathers” among people that actually take Maxpreps rankings as THE definitive source of HS rankings.

What I’m curious to see is if both Card and Jackson stay committed to UT.
    Last edited by 92Tiger; 07-09-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Is Jackson a QB or an athlete playing QB? I’m not sure Card should be ranked below Jackson and Davis.
      Last edited by MGoBlue; 07-08-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I didn't even realize DJ had committed to Clemson, that's a huge get for them. He's a stud. Pretty good list.

Comment

Jackson doesnt have the arm of Card, Davis or King. And they all can run. Eh.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlue View Post
            Is Jackson a QB or an athlete playing QB? I’m not sure Card should be ranked below Jackson and Davis.
            I see Jackson as more of an athlete than quarterback, Davis is a quarterback in the purest form of the word so that could go either way

Comment

Jackson most definitely has a strong arm. He's on the list because he's an exceptional runner, good size with speed. He has a lot of upside

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlue View Post
                In terms of this list, I'd go:

1. Haynes King
                2. Dematrius Davis
                3. Hudson Card
                4. JaQuinden Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post
                  Jackson most definitely has a strong arm. He's on the list because he's an exceptional runner, good size with speed. He has a lot of upside
                  I'm totally psyched he's committed to UT. I think Haynes is the best of the bunch, but Jackson is perfect for UT.
                  Þetta reddast!

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post

I'm totally psyched he's committed to UT. I think Haynes is the best of the bunch, but Jackson is perfect for UT.
                    agree, IMO king is the most college ready. JJ has the most potential, and for where they all were as incoming Jrs, Davis is the best HS QB of the group.

Comment

North Shore probably had the 2nd best defense in the state and they couldn’t stop JJ despite DV not having much of a refined passing attack. He might be 4th on the list if we’re talking about college potential but at the HS level he’s pretty unstoppable. Certainly not the passer the other three are, but he’s absolutely one of the best running QBs the state has seen in a while and a notch or two above the others in that department, as good as they are. Fast, slick, powerful.

Comment

One was pretty close for me between King and Davis. In the end...King just has too many accolades not to place him one. 6A AP POTY, 6A offensive POTY, Under Armour All American game invitation, top QB at Elite 11, broke school and UIL records. List goes on. Also because Longview runs so many formations, you can practically stick him in any type of offense.

Davis is probably the 2nd most mature QB for his age I've seen this decade behind Kyler Murray. Not an athlete, he's a legit QB. Has the footwork, the zip, accuracy and arm power to be hell in college one day.

Hudson is Hudson. Can move as well as anyone on this list. Probably has the "prettiest" ball on this list. You'll hardly ever see the ball wobble out of his hands. And...he's from LT. No school in Texas develops QB's better than LT.

Jackson probably the most dangerous with his legs on the list, but like I said...every QB on this list can run. Has a good frame and can game manage. He just doesn't have the arm or mechanics those top 3 have. Card, King and even Chandler Morris destroyed him at The Opening Regionals back in March but if he gets it, watch out. I've known about JJ since he was in 6th grade btw. He has BeastTexas ties and he even has a cousin, also a Jackson in 2021 class, who will be starting at safety for Longview this year.

Comment

Jackson is the type of quarterback that is/will be a problem(xfactor)for opposing defenses that can take over(dominate)a game. He can beat you with both arm and leg, therefore defenses will need to be very discipline as well as give account(respect) for Jackson on every play.

twitter: Coach [email protected]_Coach F

Comment

Jackson is the type of QB that has won national titles for UT, Auburn and Florida and is the guy Urban Meyer would want at QB. UT folks are in general racists and always are looking for a white QB. Davis is better as a leader and proved it as a SOPHOMORE, just don't have the prototypical height yet, maybe he will get a growth spurt. JACKSON and DAVIS have it and CARD is another system QB. Jackson has a cannon, his team runs a power spread as opposed to an Air raid type passing offense like LT. NS folks, which QB was easier to defense?
                            Last edited by titus211; 07-10-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                              One was pretty close for me between King and Davis. In the end...King just has too many accolades not to place him one. 6A AP POTY, 6A offensive POTY, Under Armour All American game invitation, top QB at Elite 11, broke school and UIL records. List goes on. Also because Longview runs so many formations, you can practically stick him in any type of offense.

Davis is probably the 2nd most mature QB for his age I've seen this decade behind Kyler Murray. Not an athlete, he's a legit QB. Has the footwork, the zip, accuracy and arm power to be hell in college one day.

Hudson is Hudson. Can move as well as anyone on this list. Probably has the "prettiest" ball on this list. You'll hardly ever see the ball wobble out of his hands. And...he's from LT. No school in Texas develops QB's better than LT.

Jackson probably the most dangerous with his legs on the list, but like I said...every QB on this list can run. Has a good frame and can game manage. He just doesn't have the arm or mechanics those top 3 have. Card, King and even Chandler Morris destroyed him at The Opening Regionals back in March but if he gets it, watch out. I've known about JJ since he was in 6th grade btw. He has BeastTexas ties and he even has a cousin, also a Jackson in 2021 class, who will be starting at safety for Longview this year.
                              They can run in HS, but can they run on the D1 level? Power spreads have won multiple titles, even OSU won with a fill in Cardale Jones when JT got hurt vs Michigan and he was Millers backup. How many passing teams have won MNC in the spread age? OU, 2000? Who else?
                              Last edited by titus211; 07-10-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X