Is North Shore vs Duncanville pt2 even doable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is North Shore vs Duncanville pt2 even doable

I was looking at the list of past state championship games from the last 30 years and noticed that there hasn't been one repeat matchup in the largest classifications title game 6AD1 (formerly 5A). There have only been 4 teams in the past 30 years to even make it to back to back title games with Judson doing it twice (92-93 winning both) (95-96 winning one, losing one) Midland Lee (99-00 winning both), Allen (12-13-14 winning all three) and Lake Travis (16-17 winning one, losing one) ...

***After further research there have only been two rematches in the state's largest classification EVER in the history of Texas High School football)
    Abilene vs Waco (1922-1923 seasons)
    Lubbock vs Baytown (1951-52 seasons)
    Last edited by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL; 07-08-2019, 12:44 PM.

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post
    I was looking at the list of past state championship games from the last 30 years and noticed that there hasn't been one repeat matchup in the largest classifications title game 6AD1 (formerly 5A). There have only been 4 teams in the past 30 years to even make it to back to back title games with Judson doing it twice (92-93 winning both) (95-96 winning one, losing one) Midland Lee (99-00 winning both), Allen (12-13-14 winning all three) and Lake Travis (16-17 winning one, losing one) ...

***After further research there have only been two rematches in the state's largest classification EVER in the history of Texas High School football)
    its doable, but one major thing that could derail it (I hope not) are key injuries which no on can predict

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

its doable, but one major thing that could derail it (I hope not) are key injuries which no on can predict
      All the stars have to align just perfectly from what I'm seeing. It hasn't been done in almost 70 years ...that shows you how hard it really is to win a 6AD1 title

Comment

I think it is but there is 15 games for each team to have to win. Huge task... The one thing NS does have on its side is depth. If Zach gets hurt, we have Gentry. If Davis gets hurt, we have Hagen. If Banks goes down. you have King, Fuller, Rideaux…..So I think NS has a very, very good chance of making it back to Arlington.

Comment

Originally posted by North Shore Mike View Post
          I think it is but there is 15 games for each team to have to win. Huge task... The one thing NS does have on its side is depth. If Zach gets hurt, we have Gentry. If Davis gets hurt, we have Hagen. If Banks goes down. you have King, Fuller, Rideaux…..So I think NS has a very, very good chance of making it back to Arlington.
          I don't even think they have to win 15 games just 5 once the playoffs start. I think having to go 16-0 puts a lot of pressure on teams, although I don't want it to happen or think it will I'd be okay with us losing to Katy in game one and running off 15 in a row to become back to back state champions. I agree with you as well on the depth part but we both know that although it may not be a significant drop off Gentry, Hagan, King and drop offs from the talent of Evans, Davis, Banks

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Katy and Cedar Hill had 3 matchups in a row in 2012, 2013, and 2014, but that was 6a d2.

Comment

I think it is pretty clear that if Duncanville can get past Allen they will be in the D1 championship game again. I don't see any challenging them other than Allen on that side of the bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainraiser View Post
                I think it is pretty clear that if Duncanville can get past Allen they will be in the D1 championship game again. I don't see any challenging them other than Allen on that side of the bracket.
                I remember when Skyline was supposed to be in that position too.
                "Eagles don't flock...you have to find them one at a time"
                H.Ross Perot

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
                George Orwell

My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan1999 View Post

Katy and Cedar Hill had 3 matchups in a row in 2012, 2013, and 2014, but that was 6a d2.
                  D2 pretty much had the same 3/4 teams in the championship game every year (Katy/Cedar Hill/SLC)

Comment

Originally posted by North Shore Mike View Post
                    IMO, NS has the best chance to win a title in 2019 out of every team in the state

Comment

Originally posted by LilBradford View Post

IMO, NS has the best chance to win a title in 2019 out of every team in the state
                      That is an interesting statement. Would make for a fun thread topic.

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

I remember when Skyline was supposed to be in that position too.
                        This Duncanville team is probably the most balanced team I’ve seen. Will be better than last year. 2-3 deep at every position.

Comment

Originally posted by DHSPANTHERFANGG View Post

This Duncanville team is probably the most balanced team I’ve seen. Will be better than last year. 2-3 deep at every position.
                          And they have something to prove after an excruciatingly painful loss. Without doubt NS and DV are favored to repeat at the SC game. But as we know, anything can happen.

Best of luck, many (including me) would like for Samples to get that SC.
                          "Eagles don't flock...you have to find them one at a time"
                          H.Ross Perot

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
                          George Orwell

My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

Comment

Originally posted by DHSPANTHERFANGG View Post

Agree. I’ve seen several clips of the team I was impressed, size, speed everywhere. I also noticed their star players have put on quite a bit of size. It’s obvious the team has been hitting the weight room

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

And they have something to prove after an excruciatingly painful loss. Without doubt NS and DV are favored to repeat at the SC game. But as we know, anything can happen.

Best of luck, many (including me) would like for Samples to get that SC.
                              Man if Samples somehow loses on another miracle then I guess it just wasn’t meant to be lol.
                              Last edited by DHSPANTHERFANGG; 07-09-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X