Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could change any rule in high school football what would it be ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could change any rule in high school football what would it be ????

Have the Div 1 winner face the Div 2 winner

Get rid of the two divisions in each class.

Comment

Originally posted by North Shore 07 View Post
      Actually, i'd like to see this. It would be a fun game.

Comment

Originally posted by slorch View Post
        Get rid of the two divisions and only have the top two from each district go to the playoffs? I don't know if the UIL would go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

Get rid of the two divisions and only have the top two from each district go to the playoffs? I don't know if the UIL would go for that.
          No way, they would lose too much money..

Comment

Well that doesn't make any sense. If you want that just have all playoff teams from 6A in the same bracket. Do it your way and the championship that one of the teams just won won't feel so good after losing an extra game the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by slorch View Post
              We're one classification away from that. In all reality, we'll have 12 separate classes whenever 6A finally makes the plunge (with all signs pointing to next February of this happening).
              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
              5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
              39 District Championships
              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
              '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

If you move to a new high school( feeder system/ 9th grade campus/ etc)after 8th grade, you are ineligible for athletic competition.

Clean this crap up.

If parents are truly moving for that better education for their kids, then more power to them.

Comment

Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

Why do that? They take 4 in the other sports. 128 teams make the playoffs. Think about this! Win a state title in basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, etc, you've just won a 128 team tourney, beating 7 opponents. Pretty remarkable.

And they call 6 wins in March Madness the hardest tourney in sports! 😂

Yea, I know, the same ol same about too may games, too much football, too far into December... Blah blah blah.

Comment

15 minute halftime with no band.
                    Þetta reddast!

Comment

Then we would have gotten to see North Shore beat the brakes off Longview this year something to the tune of 56-14

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Then we would have gotten to see North Shore beat the brakes off Longview this year something to the tune of 56-14
                        I think it would have been closer to the Katy score. King is one of the top QB's in the country and is dual-threat QB. NS showed some vulnerability to a mobile QB in the DV game
                        "Eagles don't flock...you have to find them one at a time"
                        H.Ross Perot

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
                        George Orwell

My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

I think it would have been closer to the Katy score. King is one of the top QB's in the country and is dual-threat QB. NS showed some vulnerability to a mobile QB in the DV game
                          I don't think so... I'm thinking something to the tune of what the NS/WB game was but with LV doing a little better than WB did. It wasn't really the mobile quarterback that NS showed vulnerability to being that we faced a few in the Katy, WF, King, WB, LT, games before we got to DV it's that we had no answer for the counter plays they were running or couldn't seem to figure out how to get the pulling guards and tackles along with the jet motion under control

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

I don't think so... I'm thinking something to the tune of what the NS/WB game was but with LV doing a little better than WB did. It wasn't really the mobile quarterback that NS showed vulnerability to being that we faced a few in the Katy, WF, King, WB, LT, games before we got to DV it's that we had no answer for the counter plays they were running or couldn't seem to figure out how to get the pulling guards and tackles along with the jet motion under control
                            OK, all good insight. I haven't watched the NS/Katy game.
                            "Eagles don't flock...you have to find them one at a time"
                            H.Ross Perot

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
                            George Orwell

My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

OK, all good insight. I haven't watched the NS/Katy game.
                              You definitely should both of those games were classics

Comment

Working...
                              X