Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find DCFM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Find DCFM

    Does anyone on the East Side of Houston NS area know where I can find the 2019 edition of the DCFM?

  • #2
    Not sure if it's hit the stand for retail sale yet (insiders got theirs about 2 weeks ago) but your best bet would be the Walmart on Wallisville book/mag section

    Comment


    • #3
      Barnes and Noble in Amarillo told me yesterday that they had called the publisher and it would be the end of July.

      WTF? I'm not subscribing just because you want to pull this crap. Put a release date out publicly so people know what to expect. Stop playing games.

      Love the magazine. Starting to really dislike their marketing/ execution.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by slorch View Post
        Barnes and Noble in Amarillo told me yesterday that they had called the publisher and it would be the end of July.

        WTF? I'm not subscribing just because you want to pull this crap. Put a release date out publicly so people know what to expect. Stop playing games.

        Love the magazine. Starting to really dislike their marketing/ execution.

        Lots of places have the magazines already, we can't control how the distributors get the magazines out to their stores or how quickly the stores put them out. I can promise you Barnes and Noble didnt call us, because guess what, I know the Barnes and Nobles in DFW and the Houston area have them!!! LOL

        In case you haven't noticed print media is dying out all over the place, the subscription model is basically our change in marketing strategy to remain relevant and not go the way of the newspapers. One of the big draws to get people to subscribe is getting the magazine early, by purchasing directly from us we cut out the distributors and it helps our bottom line and remain a viable business...

        Comment


        • #5
          Me reading my mag because of subscription.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Matt.Stepp View Post


            Lots of places have the magazines already, we can't control how the distributors get the magazines out to their stores or how quickly the stores put them out. I can promise you Barnes and Noble didnt call us, because guess what, I know the Barnes and Nobles in DFW and the Houston area have them!!! LOL

            In case you haven't noticed print media is dying out all over the place, the subscription model is basically our change in marketing strategy to remain relevant and not go the way of the newspapers. One of the big draws to get people to subscribe is getting the magazine early, by purchasing directly from us we cut out the distributors and it helps our bottom line and remain a viable business...
            DCTF is nothing like a newspaper subscription. It's a margin play. I get it.

            It still sucks moose weiners. $33.50 a year for a $11.95 magazine? That's one hell of a convenience fee. Oh...it comes with a winter issue too? Guess what...I have never bought that one before and probably never will. i just want the one in the summer.

            Yes, you CAN control when the magazines hit the newstands. Publishers do it constantly. Don't try to position it as something else. The subscriptions are straight up about the additional money/ margin enhancers. As your customer, I don't want excuses. That is what you served up. I get it that it might not hit the shelves on a particular day, but it shouldn't be more than two weeks' difference across the state. It was.

            FTR, i have your fantastic product in my grubby little paws. It is great, as usual. Don't insult me with the marketing ploys, or you will lose my business. I have every issue since 1996. If it is available in early July, then just put it out there: "Available on Newstands by July 4th" or whatever. I don't care that someone else got it before me. I just hate going to the different newsstands for two weeks looking for it.

            Stop the shell game, is all I'm saying. Leveraging the premium pricing while cramming unwanted products as a way to avoid the shell game is NOT good business.
            Last edited by slorch; 07-14-2019, 08:37 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by slorch View Post

              DCTF is nothing like a newspaper subscription. It's a margin play. I get it.

              It still sucks moose weiners. $33.50 a year for a $11.95 magazine? That's one hell of a convenience fee. Oh...it comes with a winter issue too? Guess what...I have never bought that one before and probably never will. i just want the one in the summer.

              Yes, you CAN control when the magazines hit the newstands. Publishers do it constantly. Don't try to position it as something else. The subscriptions are straight up about the additional money/ margin enhancers. As your customer, I don't want excuses. That is what you served up. I get it that it might not hit the shelves on a particular day, but it shouldn't be more than two weeks' difference across the state. It was.

              FTR, i have your fantastic product in my grubby little paws. It is great, as usual. Don't insult me with the marketing ploys, or you will lose my business. I have every issue since 1996.

              There's no excuse, we absolutely want people to purchase the magazine directly from us, it is absolutely a margin enhancer. I dont think I've said anything different (cutting out the middle man). It's definitely a change in marketing because selling in retail outlets is slowly losing profitability as the years pass. No one sees that trend going in the opposite direction.

              By trying to ensure subscribers get the magazine early we hope that is just one value-add we've put on the subscription. But there's other things as well we add to try and make the subscription a good monetary value, you may not like the second magazine (understandable), but you might like the weekly rankings of every team in the state and weekly picks for every game, or the weekly TXHSFB podcast or the DCTF archives you said you have every issue since 1996, well you can look at every issue from 1960-1995 online as well. If you haven't tried those features you should check them out, I think TXHSFB fans would enjoy them (if I didnt I wouldnt' be apart of it).

              I'm not on the operations side, but it's my understanding once the magazines leave the distribution centers we dont have control as to when the trucks arrive, when the magazines get to the stores and when the stores place them out on shelves. Earlier this week a person went to a retail location in Houston looking for the magazine and spoke to a store manager because he couldn't find the magazine, the manager said it sounded familiar and looked it up and found it in the inventory....he went and found the magazine in the back, come to find out they had been sitting for a week because the store hadn't put them out yet since the display date on the cover says "Display until 10/15/19" so the store didnt have any urgency in putting them out. I think that kind of thing is common especially when dealing with folks in retail who aren't sports fans or aren't from Texas.

              Thanks for purchasing the magazine and glad you are enjoying it!
              Last edited by Matt.Stepp; 07-14-2019, 08:55 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Also for the record we did put out multiple times on the site and on the daily show that the magazine would be available in retail outlets the first week of July, and many did find it in stores first week of July..many didnt..that just shows the inconsistency with retail outlets and when the magazines arrive and are put out on shelves...

                https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

                Comment


                • #9
                  Orders something on Amazon...

                  Order takes forever to arrive because of USPS/UPS/Fed Ex but Amazon shipped on time etc

                  Proceeds to blame amazon.... Lol 😂😂

                  Too many consumers out here who dont understand distribution and business, and it shows.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                    Orders something on Amazon...

                    Order takes forever to arrive because of USPS/UPS/Fed Ex but Amazon shipped on time etc

                    Proceeds to blame amazon.... Lol 😂😂

                    Too many consumers out here who dont understand distribution and business, and it shows.
                    Shoot... Amazon about to take over the world. 😂 I literally have ordered something late evening here in DFW from Amazon and it's at my doorstep 9am.

                    Feel bad for brick and mortor stores, but online is 99% of my shopping now. My oldest son races Motocross. We've basically cut out the dealers. Why go there for a markup and have them tell you come back in a few days when I can get it cheaper at my door much faster.

                    No dog in this and not a critique. But, I've wondered why the release dates are getting later and later. Seems in this internet age that feedback, responses and info gathering would be easier and the magazine would come together sooner. Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but I thought it used to be early, early summer like early June you could find it. Just curious.

                    Btw. I got slorch beat. I got my first one in 1981 and every year since, but my dad started us off with his first one in 1960, the initial year. Between us, we have them all.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post

                      Shoot... Amazon about to take over the world. 😂 I literally have ordered something late evening here in DFW from Amazon and it's at my doorstep 9am.

                      Feel bad for brick and mortor stores, but online is 99% of my shopping now. My oldest son races Motocross. We've basically cut out the dealers. Why go there for a markup and have them tell you come back in a few days when I can get it cheaper at my door much faster.

                      No dog in this and not a critique. But, I've wondered why the release dates are getting later and later. Seems in this internet age that feedback, responses and info gathering would be easier and the magazine would come together sooner. Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but I thought it used to be early, early summer like early June you could find it. Just curious.

                      Btw. I got slorch beat. I got my first one in 1981 and every year since, but my dad started us off with his first one in 1960, the initial year. Between us, we have them all.
                      The later release date is we want our subscribers to get the magazines first, subscribers now get the magazines around the same time it used to hit news stands (June 20-ish)..they now hit news stands around July 1 (first day I saw it at the store was July 2 in Fort Worth).....if you can get the magazine in stores at the same times as someone who subscribes then it takes away some of that incentive to subscribe.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matt.Stepp View Post


                        There's no excuse, we absolutely want people to purchase the magazine directly from us, it is absolutely a margin enhancer. I dont think I've said anything different (cutting out the middle man). It's definitely a change in marketing because selling in retail outlets is slowly losing profitability as the years pass. No one sees that trend going in the opposite direction.

                        By trying to ensure subscribers get the magazine early we hope that is just one value-add we've put on the subscription. But there's other things as well we add to try and make the subscription a good monetary value, you may not like the second magazine (understandable), but you might like the weekly rankings of every team in the state and weekly picks for every game, or the weekly TXHSFB podcast or the DCTF archives you said you have every issue since 1996, well you can look at every issue from 1960-1995 online as well. If you haven't tried those features you should check them out, I think TXHSFB fans would enjoy them (if I didnt I wouldnt' be apart of it).

                        I'm not on the operations side, but it's my understanding once the magazines leave the distribution centers we dont have control as to when the trucks arrive, when the magazines get to the stores and when the stores place them out on shelves. Earlier this week a person went to a retail location in Houston looking for the magazine and spoke to a store manager because he couldn't find the magazine, the manager said it sounded familiar and looked it up and found it in the inventory....he went and found the magazine in the back, come to find out they had been sitting for a week because the store hadn't put them out yet since the display date on the cover says "Display until 10/15/19" so the store didnt have any urgency in putting them out. I think that kind of thing is common especially when dealing with folks in retail who aren't sports fans or aren't from Texas.

                        Thanks for purchasing the magazine and glad you are enjoying it!
                        Thanks for the information Matt I found a copy of the magazine at Wal Mart July 7, 2019 Great book hope the North Shore pick is correct.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If it's first week of July, then I'm cool with that. It was NOT well publicized. Yes, i did look.

                          Cannot emphasize enough- I enjoy the magazine- that's why I look forward to it..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by slorch View Post
                            If it's first week of July, then I'm cool with that. It was NOT well publicized. Yes, i did look.

                            Cannot emphasize enough- I enjoy the magazine- that's why I look forward to it..
                            Serious question, (because if you have a good suggestion we didnt think of we'll do it next year) what else could we do to publicize it? We included it on our press release July 3. We blitzed it on twitter and facebook and told everyone it wouldn't be in stores til the first week of July and we also daily reminders on Texas Football Today (on every weekday at noon).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              When I look at the DCTF website, it would real nice to see a banner/ flash/ starburst saying " Look for DCTF magazine in stores by July 10th" or whatever.

                              I've always been an 'underpromise, overdeliver' type person.

                              Your soliciting feedback means a lot. Very cool.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X