Riley Dodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Dodge

Will he be the youngest state championship coach? If not who holds that honor?
    “Football is tough, it is much tougher in Division 1” -coach at Katy

Originally posted by Nsalumni View Post
    Good question, at the 6A level Mike Jinks was in his mid 30s when he won a title in ‘10 @ Steele. There very well could be someone that was younger, this is my best guess

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

Good question, at the 6A level Mike Jinks was in his mid 30s when he won a title in ‘10 @ Steele. There very well could be someone that was younger, this is my best guess
      Peevy seemed pretty young, and probably would have been the youngest if Mcgrue didn’t fumble in the 4th quarter vs Longview

Comment

Originally posted by Nsalumni View Post
        I think it'll be a few years before they win another state championship. They might be able to pull off an upset against duncanville but that still leaves their state opponent who will most likely north shore. Maybe Katy or Lake Travis, but this is assuming they can beat duncanville.

Comment

It would be nice, but D1 looks to be locked down by NS or DV. Everybody else is just wishing and hoping.
          With a soph QB, a good run would be 13-1 assuming a meet up with DV in Round 4. A really good run would be 14-1 (prolly a loss to Allen), and a fantastic run would be 15-1.
          If a certain Keller school would make the playoffs D2 might be an option.
          "Eagles don't flock...you have to find them one at a time"
          H.Ross Perot

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
          George Orwell

My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

Comment

Everything changes if SLC goes D2.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlue View Post
              Everything changes if SLC goes D2.
              Division 2 is certainly a lot less competitive. I can see an SLC championship if they are blessed with the division 2 route

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post
                It would be nice, but D1 looks to be locked down by NS or DV. Everybody else is just wishing and hoping.
                With a soph QB, a good run would be 13-1 assuming a meet up with DV in Round 4. A really good run would be 14-1 (prolly a loss to Allen), and a fantastic run would be 15-1.
                If a certain Keller school would make the playoffs D2 might be an option.
                What schools specifically need to make the POs for SLC to go D2?

Comment

Originally posted by nsalumni View Post

division 2 is certainly a lot less competitive. I can see an slc championship if they are blessed with the division 2 route
                  ding ding ding...

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan1999 View Post

I think it'll be a few years before they win another state championship. They might be able to pull off an upset against duncanville but that still leaves their state opponent who will most likely north shore. Maybe Katy or Lake Travis, but this is assuming they can beat duncanville.
                    SLC might not win another title on the D1 level for a long time. When they were really good and winning titles they were a few years ahead of the curve now everyone has caught up to them and are doing the same exact thing. I don't think they have the size or depth to be able to compete with the heavyweights in D1 unless they get really lucky and we have a upset fill playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

What schools specifically need to make the POs for SLC to go D2?
                      Keller and Keller Timber Creek
                      H.Ross Perot

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
                      George Orwell

My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

Keller and Keller Timber Creek

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

SLC might not win another title on the D1 level for a long time. When they were really good and winning titles they were a few years ahead of the curve now everyone has caught up to them and are doing the same exact thing. I don't think they have the size or depth to be able to compete with the heavyweights in D1 unless they get really lucky and we have a upset fill playoffs
                          Duncanville/North Shore are indeed very special at the moment on the D1 side and Allen always looms large, but I think SLC under Riley will be fielding teams that have a legit shot at winning the D2 side most years or the D1 side in years like 2017. Health along the lines and QB play will be the determining factors. Things are looking up at QB for the foreseeable future

Comment

Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up View Post

Duncanville/North Shore are indeed very special at the moment on the D1 side and Allen always looms large, but I think SLC under Riley will be fielding teams that have a legit shot at winning the D2 side most years or the D1 side in years like 2017. Health along the lines and QB play will be the determining factors. Things are looking up at QB for the foreseeable future
                            I definitely think they have a legit shot at winning the D2 title any year, now the D1 title is another story. I just think it's to many top level teams in D1 now for them to overcome. NS/DV/LT/KT/ALLEN

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

I definitely think they have a legit shot at winning the D2 title any year, now the D1 title is another story. I just think it's to many top level teams in D1 now for them to overcome. NS/DV/LT/KT/ALLEN
                              We need some apartments.
                              H.Ross Perot

George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X