Ellite 11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellite 11?

How many one year starters at QB do they allow? Manzel, Griffin, Newton, Mayfield, Jackson, all first rounders and top picks recent that were not Ellite 11s, right? Some of these guys also won the Heisman. I thought this was for kids that lit it up as sophomores and freshmen, but Hudson Card only started one year at QB. I guess being from LT, committing to UT and having good qualities got him in. I for one think Jackson is the PERFECT fit for Herman's offense at QB.

Hudson Card more ready to play D1 ball at QB than Jackson. He out performed him at The Opening Regionals which is why he advanced to Elite11.

Jackson is dangerous with his feet. So is Card. Difference is arms....that's heavily in Card's favor at the moment.

Comment

This is in the running for one of your dumbest posts
      And virtually every post you have is dumb. Can you name a lot of QB’s who “lit it up” as a freshman? Tell us what “good qualities” you think they saw in Hudson Card.

Comment

Card is currently ranked #2 out of 20 in this competition through two days (behind King). I'd say he's more than worthy of being there. They mix camp performance with name recognition, film, and rank to choose who goes. Him being ahead of Bryce Young who has by far the most clout there says something I think.

And FWIW, last year DTR was there from Bishop Gorman and he hadn't started a single game.
        Last edited by Coco; 07-01-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco View Post
          Card is currently ranked #2 out of 20 in this competition through two days (behind King). I'd say he's more than worthy of being there. They mix camp performance with name recognition, film, and rank to choose who goes. Him being ahead of Bryce Young who has by far the most clout there says something I think.

And FWIW, last year DTR was there from Bishop Gorman and he hadn't started a single game.
          Err, not to sound like an idiot but what is "clout"?

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
            Hudson Card more ready to play D1 ball at QB than Jackson. He out performed him at The Opening Regionals which is why he advanced to Elite11.

Jackson is dangerous with his feet. So is Card. Difference is arms....that's heavily in Card's favor at the moment.
            Hudson Card does not fit the Florida or UT offense, Jackson is the better fit. All the Tebow runs makes Jackson a far better fit than some guy that is 180 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post
              This is in the running for one of your dumbest posts
              And virtually every post you have is dumb. Can you name a lot of QB’s who “lit it up” as a freshman? Tell us what “good qualities” you think they saw in Hudson Card.
              Jackson is a better Urban Meyer offense QB than 180lb Card and that is 100% truth!!! UT is not running the Air-raid. Is Card the first LT QB at E-11 or was it Garrett Gilbert or one of the Brewers? How did those guys rank?
              Last edited by titus211; 07-01-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

Err, not to sound like an idiot but what is "clout"?
                Influence, Power, Fame etc.

Him being Mater Dei's QB, and the highest ranked QB there he has the most clout.

Thing of note about this competition though is that Bosco's QB DJ Uiagelelei decided not to go after qualifying, and he is the only 5-star QB on 247 currently (although I'd expect at least King to reach that 5th star soon). He would trump everyone.

Comment

Influence, Power, Fame etc.

Him being Mater Dei's QB, and the highest ranked QB there he has the most clout.

Thing of note about this competition though is that Bosco's QB DJ Uiagelelei decided not to go after qualifying, and he is the only 5-star QB on 247 currently (although I'd expect at least King to reach that 5th star soon). He would trump everyone.
                  So E-11 is no guarantee of success or failure? Ja'Quinden Jackson fits UT's QB run based offense much better than Card does. Jackson has it. Card didn't look too special vs the Stangs in the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by titus211 View Post

So E-11 is no guarantee of success or failure? Ja'Quinden Jackson fits UT's QB run based offense much better than Card does. Jackson has it. Card didn't look too special vs the Stangs in the semis.
                    The first part I agree with. The second part I don't. I'd grade Card an A or A- with his arm and a B with his feet. I'd grade Jackson an A+ with his feet and a C or C- with his arm. Which would you rather have. Card will be ready to fill in for Sam right away, while Jackson is going to be more of a project if he stays at QB.

Also, let's not forget Roschon is already there and will be a year ahead of both of them.
                    Last edited by Coco; 07-01-2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Jackson is a better Urban Meyer offense QB than 180lb Card and that is 100% truth!!! UT is not running the Air-raid. Is Card the first LT QB at E-11 or was it Garrett Gilbert or one of the Brewers? How did those guys rank?
                      You are all over the map. As usual. What does the Elite 11 and Card’s invite have to do with Urban Meyer’s offense?

Why do you think Card got invited to the Elite 11? As you said, he didn’t “light it up” as a frosh or soph.

Comment

How many one year starters at QB do they allow? Manzel, Griffin, Newton, Mayfield, Jackson, all first rounders and top picks recent that were not Ellite 11s, right? Some of these guys also won the Heisman. I thought this was for kids that lit it up as sophomores and freshmen, but Hudson Card only started one year at QB. I guess being from LT, committing to UT and having good qualities got him in. I for one think Jackson is the PERFECT fit for Herman's offense at QB.
                        Granted he had nothing to prove, but the top-ranked qb in the country didn't go to Elite 11.
                        https://thespun.com/acc/clemson-tige...lite-11-finals

Comment

Clemson's other QB did pretty well in this camp, though. Lawrence is having an okay college career.

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/elite-1...a-quarterbacks

Glad to see Card doing well.

Comment

The first part I agree with. The second part I don't. I'd grade Card an A or A- with his arm and a B with his feet. I'd grade Jackson an A+ with his feet and a C or C- with his arm. Which would you rather have. Card will be ready to fill in for Sam right away, while Jackson is going to be more of a project if he stays at QB.

Also, let's not forget Roschon is already there and will be a year ahead of both of them.
                            Jackson has a cannon arm, but runs an option offense, much like UT that is QB run heavy and tosses it to TE height WRs. UT is not TT, OSU or OU. Jackson will be ready to step in at UT after a red-shirt and Card will have to put on some massive weight at 180 lbs.

Comment

Jackson may not even play QB at Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X