Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. John's College Recruits (24/7 Sports)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. John's College Recruits (24/7 Sports)

Click image for larger version

Name:	SJC.PNG
Views:	271
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	459713

Duncanville College Recruits (24/7 Sports)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dville.PNG
Views:	240
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	459733
    Last edited by xXZexxMooreXx; 06-29-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

At the top (4/5 stars) both teams are pretty equal. Duncanville has plenty of kids that will be D1 level recruits when it's all said and done. You're also missing a duncanville 3 star in the class of '21. jadarius Thursby.

I think the teams are pretty close in talent when true and total college level commits are factored
      Last edited by jbell73986; 06-29-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post
        At the top (4/5 stars) both teams are pretty equal. Duncanville has plenty of kids that will be 2-3 stars when it's all said and done. You're also missing a duncanville 3 star in the class of '21. jadarius thursby.
        Thanks for the post Jbell.

With regards to Duncanville having more two and three star recruits by the end of the season, I was actually wondering where those were already! There's no doubt all these will shift by the end of the season, and there will most likely be more that pop up for Duncanville.

Regarding Jadarius Thursby, I knew I was going miss someone and I was counting on someone to point it out. Thanks Jbell!

Comment

Ja'Quinden Jackson likes to take off up the middle and I find that a fascinating matchup with regards to SJC's defensive line and linebackers. SJC has two big linebackers which I can see causing some issues for Duncanville's middle run game.

Comment

Originally posted by xXZexxMooreXx View Post

Thanks for the post Jbell.

With regards to Duncanville having more two and three star recruits by the end of the season, I was actually wondering where those were already! There's no doubt all these will shift by the end of the season, and there will most likely be more that pop up for Duncanville.

Regarding Jadarius Thursby, I knew I was going miss someone and I was counting on someone to point it out. Thanks Jbell!
            Also Ennis rakestraw is a 3*** according to 24/7. He’s a ‘20 class.

Heres my view. SJC is in a small DC market, it’s easier for recruiting sites to go there and grade kids from Gonzaga and a few others. That’s why they have 2 star athletes being graded and ranked in state, their top 15 to be specific.

Texas players sometime take longer bc it’s more vast. As an example, duncanville’s 5**** wasn’t even graded going into the ‘18 season and he had one offer.

They have a few that that will start and get serious recognition, they also have some stud sophomores. Check out 6’6 320 OT, Cameron Williams. He has several P5 offers.
            Last edited by jbell73986; 06-29-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Ja'Quinden Jackson likes to take off up the middle and I find that a fascinating matchup with regards to SJC's defensive line and linebackers. SJC has two big linebackers which I can see causing some issues for Duncanville's middle run game.
              Depth will be a factor for SJC. DV has more quality player depth. Jackson makes plays bc DV likes to pull their OL loading up one side. DV pulls very well.
              It will be interesting if DV is more balanced this year, they have the athletes to be. Jackson passed for over 1500 last season.
              Last edited by jbell73986; 06-29-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Also Ennis rakestraw is a 3*** according to 24/7. He’s a ‘20 class.

Heres my view. SJC is in a small DC market, it’s easier for recruiting sites to go there and grade kids from Gonzaga and a few others. That’s why they have 2 star athletes being graded and ranked in state, their top 15 to be specific.

Texas players sometime take longer bc it’s more vast. As an example, duncanville’s 5**** wasn’t even graded going into the ‘18 season and he had one offer.

They have a few that that will start and get serious recognition, they also have some stud sophomores. Check out 6’6 320 OT, Cameron Williams. He has several P5 offers.

Thanks for that one as well jbell.

It's unfortunate that it takes longer down here, but as alluded to earlier, it's at least good to see the top 5/4 star prospects.

Comment

Depth will be a factor for SJC. DV has more quality player depth. Jackson makes plays bc DV likes to pull their OL loading up one side. DV pulls very well.
                  It will be interesting if DV is more balanced this year, they have the athletes to be. Jackson passed for over 1500 last season.
                  The depth, that's where I like DV in this game. I'm glad it's against SJC and not IMG/MD/SJB/SFA. I don't think any team in Texas is crazy enough to play those teams, but maybe that's because I wouldn't.

You have any predictions on this game?

Comment

Thanks for that one as well jbell.

It's unfortunate that it takes longer down here, but as alluded to earlier, it's at least good to see the top 5/4 star prospects.
                    I won’t guarantee a win, but this DV team will be very big, especially along the DL, much bigger than what SJC will trot out. From my assessing:

DE Tyler Quinn 6’4 270 offer from Alabama State
                    DT James 6’2 270 3***
                    DT Devin Thompson 6’3 280
                    DE kevon Ivy 6’5 260 (coaches are very high on him)

they are 2 deep in each position with equally impressive size and D1 potential:
                    DE/DT Kedric Williams 6’5 260
                    DT Quincy Wright 6’3 280 (coaches are very high on him)
                    DE Jaylin Early 6’4 250 (done well
                    at camps, coaches high on him)
                    Last edited by jbell73986; 06-29-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

The depth, that's where I like DV in this game. I'm glad it's against SJC and not IMG/MD/SJB/SFA. I don't think any team in Texas is crazy enough to play those teams, but maybe that's because I wouldn't.

You have any predictions on this game?
                      I think DV pulls out the win in the 2d half. A good gauge for Duncanville will be how they play vs South Oak Cliff in week 2.

i think north shore could match up with those other teams and hold their own.
                      Last edited by jbell73986; 06-29-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I won’t guarantee a win, but this DV team will be very big, especially along the DL, much bigger than what SJC will trot out. From my assessing:

DE Tyler Quinn 6’4 270 offer from Alabama State
                        DT James 6’2 270 3***
                        DT Devin Thompson 6’3 280 (offers in the fall)
                        DE kevon Ivy 6’5 260 (I expect offers in the fall)

they are 2 deep in each position with equally impressive size and D1 potential

It does look like SJC has some size, but it's more sparse than what Duncanville brings. When you talk about being two deep, that reminds of Alabama. Even if you can keep it close till half, that depth starts to take it's toll later in the 2nd half.

SJC's coaches must feel really confident scheduling DV, IMG and MD on top of having to play Dematha and Gonzaga. Kudos to them, but I can only imagine the kind of toll that would have on their team as the season progresses.

Comment

It does look like SJC has some size, but it's more sparse than what Duncanville brings. When you talk about being two deep, that reminds of Alabama. Even if you can keep it close till half, that depth starts to take it's toll later in the 2nd half.

SJC's coaches must feel really confident scheduling DV, IMG and MD on top of having to play Dematha and Gonzaga. Kudos to them, but I can only imagine the kind of toll that would have on their team as the season progresses.
                          They also have Deerfield beach and St joes Prep before Duncanville. Neither of those will be a cakewalk. I just don’t see it from them, I saw two of their games last year. Good team but they aren’t built for this. And coming to TX under NCAA rules can be a challenge. These are just HS kids and not college. They’ll lose a few

Comment

I think DV pulls out the win in the 2d half. A good gauge for Duncanville will be how they play vs South Oak Cliff in week 2.

i think north shore could match up with those other teams and hold their own.

That's what I'm leaning toward as well, the depth of DV wears down SJC and pulls out the win.

I believe this SJC team will be great competition and I'm happy that DV decided to take on the challenge knowing they already had one ahead of them.

I don't know how many people really care about this matchup given it's an OOS game, but I'm super excited about it.

Comment

They also have Deerfield beach and St joes Prep before Duncanville. Neither of those will be a cakewalk. I just don’t see it from them, I saw two of their games last year. Good team but they aren’t built for this. And coming to TX under NCAA rules can be a challenge. These are just HS kids and not college. They’ll lose a few
                              It's a suicide run lol. Freak it, I'll watch those games anyway if they have a broadcast.

Speaking of which, why doesn't Texas teams travel very often?

Comment

Working...
                              X