Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA Area teams still can't/won't/don't throw the ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA Area teams still can't/won't/don't throw the ball?

Houston has the Woodlands and Atascocita, DFW has SLC, Allen, DeSoto that all win throwing the rock at 6A and Austin has LT and Westlake, but SA 6A can still dominate area and win with 3 yards and a could of dust. Judson and Steele are not passing teams and it seems that no other 6A teams are winning unless they run the ball. SA 6A also can't beat the Austin teams in region 4 anymore.

Originally posted by titus211 View Post
    Houston has the Woodlands and Atascocita, DFW has SLC, Allen, DeSoto that all win throwing the rock at 6A and Austin has LT and Westlake, but SA 6A can still dominate area and win with 3 yards and a could of dust. Judson and Steele are not passing teams and it seems that no other 6A teams are winning unless they run the ball. SA 6A also can't beat the Austin teams in region 4 anymore.
    Well if this is the case don't expect any state championships to be coming to the SA area any time soon. With the change in rules and styles of play kids are growing up on now being an old ground and pound team is dang near prehistoric ...NS and Katy who have always been predominantly run teams are now leaning more towards the pass (60/40 NS) (40/60 KT)

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Well if this is the case don't expect any state championships to be coming to the SA area any time soon. With the change in rules and styles of play kids are growing up on now being an old ground and pound team is dang near prehistoric ...NS and Katy who have always been predominantly run teams are now leaning more towards the pass (60/40 NS) (40/60 KT)
      NS could pass very well in 2018 and won a title.

Comment

NS could pass very well in 2018 and won a title.
        I'm confused on what you're saying. I think what the original post was saying is that SA still runs the ball and wins while all the other areas top teams are passing now that's why SA can't win the region anymore

Comment

SA schools with speed don't pass and the wealthier schools in 6A won't go all in on passing like LT and Westlake. NS has moved to a higher level by being balanced is all I mean. SA's top teams still are run based and still playing 1990s ball, save from the spread formation. SA schools don't have DFW or HTX athletic talent and nor does Austin, but ATX has the influx of great coaching.

Comment

You post this every year.

Comment

SA schools with speed don't pass and the wealthier schools in 6A won't go all in on passing like LT and Westlake. NS has moved to a higher level by being balanced is all I mean. SA's top teams still are run based and still playing 1990s ball, save from the spread formation. SA schools don't have DFW or HTX athletic talent and nor does Austin, but ATX has the influx of great coaching.
              I understand your frustration ..for years I was like why tf are we still running the wishbone and power I when everyone else has moved to the spread

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post
                You post this every year.
                Cause San Antonio loses every year. SA has only made it to the title game 7 times since 1999. 40 championship games and they've only made it 7 times... and only won twice.

Comment

These are facts.The Elite Teams In SA are still heavily run based and subpar coaching compared to the DFW/HOU/ATX areas

Comment

This thread is trash because everyone already knows this. So what is the purpose of bringing it up again.

Comment

So no SA area 6A team could hire a Fedora? He coached Navasota and is at a 5A school. Lockhart, just hired a HC that knows the spread from Abilene and dumped the slot-t. Hutto brought in the old Friendswood HC and they pass the ball even after his OC took over last year. What type of HC did Judson hire? SA Madison was a power, but has had trouble after Streety retired. I guess Judson don't really want more state titles in 6A.

Comment

Working...
                      X