RIP, Steve Ulmer. The Plano QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Steve Ulmer. The Plano QB

Its with deepeat sadness and condolences to the Ulmer family that one of Plano footballs all time greats , The "Steve Ulmer" passed away last night from natural.causes. Plano's starting QB for 77& 78 seasons that featured truly magical run of 4A state title in 77 & state runner up in 78. He QB'd some of the greatest games in Plano football history.

1. Sherman 13-13 tie in district winning on penetrations and getting into the Playoffs (when 1 team per district went),
    2. Highland Park 29-28 state quarterfinal win. All time classic. Running in 2 point conversion with only 30 seconds left.
    3. Mojo 3-0 win in state semi final in lubbock in 30 degree weather.
    4. Beating PNG 13-10 in front of 50k at Texas stadium to win 4A state title

78: Big wins over Temple 15-14 in area round. & Mojo again 6-3 in the semis.

More importantly he was a good man. Husband. Father & Son.

Another big part of Plano history moves on to his heavenly reward.

Hats off to you Steve Ulmer
    May you rest in peace and the option read always leads to another Wildcat touchdown

Boy, I remember this guy. A MOJO in a different color uniform.. Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

Comment

My condolences to the Ulmer family.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family and friends.
        Uncoachable kids become unemployable adults, let your kids get use to someone being hard on them. It's life, get over it. Patrick Murphy- Alabama Softball

Comment

Prayers for the Ulmer family.
          Never mistake motion for action.

E. Hemingway.

Comment

Coach Tom Kimbrough, Steve Ulmer, and unidentified player

As we all know, Ulmer took great pride in his contribution to Plano football. It clearly frustrated him to see PISD turn away from their storied history.

Rest In Peace Steve.

Comment

RIP Steve Ulmer. Prayers to your family and friends.

Comment

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for the Ulmer family. Just out of curiosity is there family connection between the deceased and the poster?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Cool View Post
                    Thoughts and prayers for the Ulmer family. Just out of curiosity is there family connection between the deceased and the poster?
                    No relation other than the fraternity of Plano football. Will be changing my handle out of respect. Anothwe piece of what made Plano great gone to soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Ulmer View Post

No relation other than the fraternity of Plano football. Will be changing my handle out of respect. Anothwe piece of what made Plano great gone to soon.
                      So long time poster Steve Ulmer is not the real Steve Ulmer? My earlier comment may have conflated you both as one and the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Dweebo View Post

So long time poster Steve Ulmer is not the real Steve Ulmer? My earlier comment may have conflated you both as one and the same.
                        That is correct. Just a plano alum who played under Kimbrough. Steve Ulmer IMO is what Plano football was all about. Under sized, not very fast not a strong arm. But had alot of heart and grit and strong work ethic to become a champion. The Plano way. Which is opposite of Allen.

Comment

That is correct. Just a plano alum who played under Kimbrough. Steve Ulmer IMO is what Plano football was all about. Under sized, not very fast not a strong arm. But had alot of heart and grit and strong work ethic to become a champion. The Plano way. Which is opposite of Allen.
                          You forgot,,,perfection.

Comment

Condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Ulmer. Although there are many names to choose from, you might as well just go ahead and change your handle to Rex Burkhead.

Comment

Wow! Was gonna give my condolences until you decided to take this opportunity to slight another program.
                              ├×etta reddast!

Comment

Working...
                              X