Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Katy vs 2018 North Shore

Who wins this battle of the greats?

North Shore offense would be too much. Katy Defense wouldn’t allow more than 28 IMO, Katy’s anemic offense that year would struggle to put up 21, I’d say something like 28-21 or 28-17 in favor of NS
    “Football is tough, it is much tougher in Division 1” -coach at Katy

Comment

Originally posted by Nsalumni View Post
      North Shore offense would be too much. Katy Defense wouldn’t allow more than 28 IMO, Katy’s anemic offense that year would struggle to put up 21, I’d say something like 28-21 or 28-17 in favor of NS
      The weakest unit on the field would be the Katy O. That Katy D had the athletes in the back 7 to cause problems for the Big 3 for Da Sho O though!

It woulda been a classic!
      “I think we’re in a great spot,” Carter said. “We’ve got to get bigger and stronger still. That’s always been the deal for us when we’ve fallen short. We couldn’t stop the run, and we couldn’t hold up with our offensive front. The work we do this summer is going to be very important.”

Comment

Originally posted by Defense Wins Championships View Post

The weakest unit on the field would be the Katy O. That Katy D had the athletes in the back 7 to cause problems for the Big 3 for Da Sho O though!

It woulda been a classic!
        I agree with you, they definitely had some guys who could cause some issues, I still believe there would be some severe (physical) matchup differences. That Katy offense would wear them out though, without the passing ability of Katy 2018 that offense would have been toast ESPECIALLY with the QB being as turnover prone as he was. The NS defense was pretty damned salty. They were playing with the most efficient and highest scoring Offense in TX HS history at the highest classification, an offense that scored so quick the defense rarely rested, and still held up as a solid unit. I think it would be a game for the ages, kind of like the duncanville game. That dville defense was realllllllly good, and their offense MUCH better than Katy 15.

Comment

I usually don’t get into the hypothetical matchups (I have a hard enough time predicting games that actually will happen), but this one would have been very interesting IMO.

Katy’s D that year was pretty spectacular, and I think their grind it out O would have kept the score close.

Comment

Originally posted by sTp View Post
            I usually don’t get into the hypothetical matchups (I have a hard enough time predicting games that actually will happen), but this one would have been very interesting IMO.

Katy’s D that year was pretty spectacular, and I think their grind it out O would have kept the score close.
            Yea, it would be close, but that was the most high powered offense in 6a history on the other side of the ball, along with a pretty great defense. Katy’s grind it out O that year wasn’t very good, their defense was next level, no doubt, which made a poor offense look reasonably good. I stick to a 7 point NS victory here, NS had the physicality to do a lot of things that Katy’s ‘15 opponents could not do.

Comment

This would have been a fascinating matchup. Never have I seen a defense like Katy’s. They were special in every way. North Shore did not have the best offense that I have ever seen but it was pretty close. So balanced and diversified too. The NS defense was good but exposed a bit by Duncanville.

I want to continue to mull this over but but tonight I lean slightly to NS in a surprisingly low scoring game with the NS defense providing a few too many opportunities for their offense.

This deserves more discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post
                This would have been a fascinating matchup. Never have I seen a defense like Katy’s. They were special in every way. North Shore did not have the best offense that I have ever seen but it was pretty close. So balanced and diversified too. The NS defense was good but exposed a bit by Duncanville.

I want to continue to mull this over but but tonight I lean slightly to NS in a surprisingly low scoring game with the NS defense providing a few too many opportunities for their offense.

This deserves more discussion.
                That's the part that makes me think it would be a close one. Granted, J. Jackson is a pretty special athlete that was able to keep his team in it and was actually one play away from winning it. It would be interesting to see if K. Porter, who was also pretty special, would be able to produce in a similar fashion on the ground. If NS sells out to stop the run at this point, does Katy have enough of a passing attack to make them pay? This part is foggy for me as I don't even remember who the Katy QB was in 2015. Doiron? Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks here.

Katy's defense gets enough stops to keep them in it with one team scoring late to seal it. I see a 24-17 or 24-21 type game. Who wins it I have no clue..

Comment

Originally posted by sTp View Post

That's the part that makes me think it would be a close one. Granted, J. Jackson is a pretty special athlete that was able to keep his team in it and was actually one play away from winning it. It would be interesting to see if K. Porter, who was also pretty special, would be able to produce in a similar fashion on the ground. If NS sells out to stop the run at this point, does Katy have enough of a passing attack to make them pay? This part is foggy for me as I don't even remember who the Katy QB was in 2015. Doiron? Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks here.

Katy's defense gets enough stops to keep them in it with one team scoring late to seal it. I see a 24-17 or 24-21 type game. Who wins it I have no clue..

Garrett Doiron

Comment

Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

Garrett Doiron
                    Thank you sir!

Comment

Comment

I want to lean toward NS, but I also know that probably the most dangerous thing in football are teams with mean defenses + the ability to run the ball down your throat (control the clock).

Anddd, Trysten Smith of D-Ville sort of put up 152 on NS. D-Ville ran for 400+ as a team. We all know Katys bread and butter...and while Smith is a good back....Kyle Porter was on a different level.

I dunno, NS 2018 was more talented. But from X's and O's standpoint...a little more impressed with 2015 Katy. Most teams would go to the 4-2-5/4-3 or 3-3 stack to neutralize a good spread team as LT was in 2015. Nope...Katy did it in the 3-4. That's crazy.
                        Last edited by WP4L™; 04-07-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                          I want to lean toward NS, but I also know that probably the most dangerous thing in football are teams with mean defenses + the ability to run the ball down your throat (control the clock).

Anddd, Trysten Smith of D-Ville sort of put up 152 on NS. D-Ville ran for 400+ as a team. We all know Katy's bread and butter...and while Smith is a good back....Kyle Porter was on a different level.

I dunno, NS 2018 was more talented. But from X's and O's standpoint...a little more impressed with 2015 Katy. Most teams would go to the 4-2-5/4-3 or 3-3 stack to neutralize a good spread team as LT was in 2015. Nope...Katy did it in the 3-4. That's crazy.
                          And while young, that LT offense was a great offense. And Katy just stoned it. It was like they had 13 guys on the field. But the other little secret to that game is that LT shut down the Katy offense until a nice Porter run late.

Both teams were special.

Comment

Though Doiron threw up Kyle Orton-like #s, he could throw a mean lead block to spring Porter to the 2nd level. It is true that when Katy’s D gave that offense so many more possessions, that run game eventually becomes effective. Da Sho giving up 400 on the ground to Dville makes me rethink the need for a real passing game in this matchup.

“I think we’re in a great spot,” Carter said. “We’ve got to get bigger and stronger still. That’s always been the deal for us when we’ve fallen short. We couldn’t stop the run, and we couldn’t hold up with our offensive front. The work we do this summer is going to be very important.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post

And while young, that LT offense was a great offense. And Katy just stoned it. It was like they had 13 guys on the field. But the other little secret to that game is that LT shut down the Katy offense until a nice Porter run late.

Both teams were special.
                              Exactly, LT shut that offense down, it was a closer game than the score would indicate, as was their game against Manvel.

Comment

Working...
                              X