X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sTp
    replied
    Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

I'd be surprised if he's not the best QB in the NCAA this year and the next.
    lol, I'm already looking forward to watching him on Sundays..

Leave a comment:

• AusMOJO
    replied
    Originally posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
    Best QB in the NCAA next year is the Clemson kid anyways....
    I'd be surprised if he's not the best QB in the NCAA this year and the next.

Leave a comment:

• E-Vol-ution
    replied
    Best QB in the NCAA next year is the Clemson kid anyways....

Leave a comment:

• AusMOJO
    replied
    Originally posted by fullspeed View Post

Yes they are. After him though is the question?

I'm sure Clemson and especially Bama are thinking ahead too.
    Well, you've got time to develop Card and Johnson. Plus there seems to be some good QB's in the '21 and '22 classes coming up. I think the kid from Bosco, lands at Bama or USC. Then again, i think he's someone who could come in and compete for the job, if not start as a true freshman. I'm interesting to see where he lands.

Leave a comment:

• DPaul
    replied

That's why I bolded what I was responding to.

Leave a comment:

• fullspeed
    replied
    Originally posted by DPaul View Post

Texas is just fine with Ehlinger

Last edited by fullspeed; 03-23-2019, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slcdragonfan
    replied
    Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
    Perfect example. And they said the same thing about Swoopes....which I never saw to begin with.

In fact while everyone was throwing that 'VY' comparison around while Heard was in HS, I distinctively remember slcdragonfan constantly saying that he probably won't pan out as folks thought because of his inconsistent arm.

I see the same in Jackson. BUT if his passing develops more, look out. It works in HS but depending solely on your feet only takes you so far in college at the QB position....unless you're at Georgia Tech or something.
    I do see Jackson in the same way, but a better athlete than Heard. He MUST up his passing game to be a QB. No question he is a unique talent though.

Leave a comment:

• DPaul
    replied

Also Swoopes was suppose to be the next VY. Not sure who David Ash was supposed to be. Mac missed out by not getting Jameis. J. Jackson offense isn't exactly the most sophisticated so I expect his numbers to skyrocket at the next level. If UT really wants to lock down that playoff birth they need to get the Bosco kid out of California. Otherwise get all the best QBs out of Texas. No one is locked in. Who ever performs the best will play. The backups will go into the transfer portal.
    Texas is just fine with Ehlinger

Leave a comment:

• AusMOJO
    replied
    Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
    Most if not all are after him as ATH, although I've read that UT will give him an initial shot at QB if he goes there.
    Makes sense, he's an incredible athlete. Wish the young man all the best, i'm sure he's in for a huge Sr season.

Leave a comment:

• WP4L™
    replied
    Originally posted by 92Tiger View Post
    How quickly we forget about....Jerrod Heard. Remember how dominant he looked for Guyer for two straight seasons? Yeah...it was dominating the old 4A...but I recall folks talking about him being the next Vince Yada Yada Young! How’d that turn out? Didn’t exactly turn out to be a ‘Strong’ QB, did he?

Look, it’s not rocket science....Jackson has to prove he can throw it better to be a legit 5-star dual threat QB. He Missed wide open throws against NS that likely win them the game if completed. Otherwise he will remain a QB that plenty of teams will offer. But I doubt it will be at UT unless he improves in the passing game. And it may already be too late, since Card is already inked to Austin next year.
    Perfect example. And they said the same thing about Swoopes....which I never saw to begin with.

In fact while everyone was throwing that 'VY' comparison around while Heard was in HS, I distinctively remember slcdragonfan constantly saying that he probably won't pan out as folks thought because of his inconsistent arm.

I see the same in Jackson. BUT if his passing develops more, look out. It works in HS but depending solely on your feet only takes you so far in college at the QB position....unless you're at Georgia Tech or something.

Leave a comment:

• fullspeed
    replied
    Originally posted by 92Tiger View Post
    How quickly we forget about....Jerrod Heard. Remember how dominant he looked for Guyer for two straight seasons? Yeah...it was dominating the old 4A...but I recall folks talking about him being the next Vince Yada Yada Young! How’d that turn out? Didn’t exactly turn out to be a ‘Strong’ QB, did he?

Look, it’s not rocket science....Jackson has to prove he can throw it better to be a legit 5-star dual threat QB. He Missed wide open throws against NS that likely win them the game if completed. Otherwise he will remain a QB that plenty of teams will offer. But I doubt it will be at UT unless he improves in the passing game. And it may already be too late, since Card is already inked to Austin next year.
    Also Swoopes was suppose to be the next VY. Not sure who David Ash was supposed to be. Mac missed out by not getting Jameis. J. Jackson offense isn't exactly the most sophisticated so I expect his numbers to skyrocket at the next level. If UT really wants to lock down that playoff birth they need to get the Bosco kid out of California. Otherwise get all the best QBs out of Texas. No one is locked in. Who ever performs the best will play. The backups will go into the transfer portal.

Leave a comment:

• WP4L™
    replied
    Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

I think Jackson would be a great fit for Urban and what he runs at Ohio State. With his size and athleticism, he'd be great there, imo. Are schools recruiting him as a QB or ATH? I figure he could play multiple positions and do really well.
    Most if not all are after him as ATH, although I've read that UT will give him an initial shot at QB if he goes there.

Leave a comment:

• DPaul
    replied
    I've read all the posts and I'm declaring WP4L™ the winner of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• 92Tiger
    replied

Last edited by 92Tiger; 03-22-2019, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• E-Vol-ution
    replied
    Jackson would indeed make a very good major college QB.
    Definitely has to put in the work (throwing) for both collegiate and even more so that next level.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X