No announcement yet.

Ja'Quinden Jackson, PERFECT QB for UT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same passing ability as Tebow, Barrett, Smith, Dak, Miller, Jones... Running Urban Meyer's offense needs a QB like Jackson. Johnson is a smallish, undersized kid from a lower level.

Comment

Originally posted by titus211 View Post
      The same passing ability as Tebow, Barrett, Smith, Dak, Miller, Jones... Running Urban Meyer's offense needs a QB like Jackson. Johnson is a smallish, undersized kid from a lower level.
      Tebow threw for 10,000 yards and 95 tds in high school. JJ threw for 1,400 yards last year and 300 yards the year before that. They may be comparable as runners. Maybe

Comment

Johnson is a smallish, undersized
        Yes because Bryson Smith at UH was so huge as a player lol

Also, Herman ain't Urban. Urban has always been content with having noodle armed QB's with amazing feet but Herman is looking for QB's who are threats with both, like Bryson Smith at UH and sort of similar to recent OU QB's. Just look at all the QB's he has recruited since being at UT....whether he got them to commit or not.

Comment

Johnson is 6'2 205... and way more dynamic with the football in his hands than either Jackson or Card

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
            Yes because Bryson Smith at UH was so huge as a player lol

Also, Herman ain't Urban. Urban has always been content with having noodle armed QB's with amazing feet but Herman is looking for QB's who are threats with both, like Bryson Smith at UH and sort of similar to recent OU QB's. Just look at all the QB's he has recruited since being at UT....whether he got them to commit or not.
            I think Jackson would be a great fit for Urban and what he runs at Ohio State. With his size and athleticism, he'd be great there, imo. Are schools recruiting him as a QB or ATH? I figure he could play multiple positions and do really well.

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Johnson is 6'2 205... and way more dynamic with the football in his hands than either Jackson or Card
              I like Johnson as a QB, didn't get to see him in many full games, but his highlights were impressive. Look forward to seeing what he can do at Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

He is dynamic. But he still doesn’t throw it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post

He is dynamic. But he still doesn’t throw it well.
                  I'm not sure about that...I've seen games where he threw for 500+ yards and 6/7 touchdowns on multiple occasions albeit lesser competition

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post

Probably a B+ for Card. Charlie had more weapons on that 2015 team. That was a great , junior filled, team that simply ran into a buzz saw. Card lost 2 of the 3 big games he played so that holds him back some.
                    You know your team better than I, but I would give Card the benefit of the doubt. Everyone knew Baldwin wasn't 100%, but no one knew Card was going to have to carry the team against 2017 Allen that day, and Card still damn near pulled it off, lol.

And then he ran into (I've only been paying attention since 2007) what I would arguably say is one of the best high school teams to ever grace the field in 2018 North Shore. No shame there, just a bad matchup.

Help me out, what was his 3rd big game?

Comment

Originally posted by sTp View Post

You know your team better than I, but I would give Card the benefit of the doubt. Everyone knew Baldwin wasn't 100%, but no one knew Card was going to have to carry the team against 2017 Allen that day, and Card still damn near pulled it off, lol.

And then he ran into (I've only been paying attention since 2007) what I would arguably say is one of the best high school teams to ever grace the field in 2018 North Shore. No shame there, just a bad matchup.

Westlake 2018

Comment

I certainly place no blame on Card for that Allen game. He did great under the circumstances.

Last year i thought LT played three big games. North Shore, Westlake and Judson. LT was overmatched against NS but Westlake was a bad loss and Hudson did not play well. Judson was a nice win and Card played very well. Overall, I thought it was a B+ year.

He is primed for an A+ year with a strong team behind him.

Comment

This is part of what prompted my question. Back in 2017, it sounded like LT just being in that game with a chance to win it was a lot better than even DWC was expecting. So it seemed like they were primed to come back with Card at the helm, Wilson a senior, a more experienced secondary, etc.

I think expectations may have been higher for LT last year -- possibly for Card as well -- so B+ seems like a fair grade. Westlake was a bad loss, and LT just looked completely overwhelmed by the Shore.

Comment

Hudson Card vs NS and Jackson both lost, but who looked like a DI QB for an Urban Meyer zone read offense? This is an offense that thrives with a running QB. Tebow, Newton, Barrett... UT fans are very biased, but have not won much at the national tile level before VY. Jackson is PERFECT for Florida and their Urban Meyer offense.

Comment

Jackson would indeed make a very good major college QB.
                              Definitely has to put in the work (throwing) for both collegiate and even more so that next level.

Comment

How quickly we forget about....Jerrod Heard. Remember how dominant he looked for Guyer for two straight seasons? Yeah...it was dominating the old 4A...but I recall folks talking about him being the next Vince Yada Yada Young! How’d that turn out? Didn’t exactly turn out to be a ‘Strong’ QB, did he?

Look, it’s not rocket science....Jackson has to prove he can throw it better to be a legit 5-star dual threat QB. He Missed wide open throws against NS that likely win them the game if completed. Otherwise he will remain a QB that plenty of teams will offer. But I doubt it will be at UT unless he improves in the passing game. And it may already be too late, since Card is already inked to Austin next year.
                                Last edited by 92Tiger; 03-22-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X