No announcement yet.

Ja'Quinden Jackson, PERFECT QB for UT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ja'Quinden Jackson, PERFECT QB for UT?

He is the prototypical Urban Meyer offense QB. He would be VY to Herms offense in Austin. Redshirt him and let him beat out the smallish Johnson or not?

Hud Card will be joining the Horns with 1 year under the tutelage of Sam Ehlinger before he takes over the starting job.
    “I think we’re in a great spot,” Carter said. “We’ve got to get bigger and stronger still. That’s always been the deal for us when we’ve fallen short. We couldn’t stop the run, and we couldn’t hold up with our offensive front. The work we do this summer is going to be very important.”

Comment

I see him playing more safety than QB

Comment

Jackson has IT, Card is a system kid wood athletic ability. JT Barrett, Tebow and Dak all were successful in the offense. Jackson is perfect for the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by titus211 View Post
          He is the prototypical Urban Meyer offense QB. He would be VY to Herms offense in Austin. Redshirt him and let him beat out the smallish Johnson or not?
          He reminds me of Cam Newton

Comment

Id have to say Card is the future at QB for UT right now.

Jackson is good, but its too early too tell if he's QB at the next level IMO. Dont get me wrong, I think he would be absolutely nasty in read option and designed QB run plays next level...but UT needs a slinger as well. Too much needs to be done with his throwing mechanics...but he's certainly a tremendous athlete and it certainly isnt too late for him to develop more as a passer. I need to see more improvement in his arm this year.

He and Hudson Card faced off at Elite 11 a few weeks back and Card was by far more polished as a passer than Jackson, which wasn't shocking. Card, Morris and King were the best QB's in attendance, earning invites to Elite 11 Finals.

Im terms of total package, I'd say those 3 are the best QB's in the state + Davis out of NS.

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post

Jackson is good, but its too early too tell if he's QB at the next level IMO. Dont get me wrong, I think he would be absolutely nasty in read option and designed QB run plays next level...but UT needs a slinger as well. Too much needs to be done with his throwing mechanics...but he's certainly a tremendous athlete and it certainly isnt too late for him to develop more as a passer. I need to see more improvement in his arm this year.

He and Hudson Card faced off at Elite 11 a few weeks back and Card was by far more polished as a passer than Jackson, which wasn't shocking. Card, Morris and King were the best QB's in attendance, earning invites to Elite 11 Finals.

Im terms of total package, I'd say those 3 are the best QB's in the state + Davis out of NS.
              I don't think either is the future QB at Texas. I'll give that title to Roschon Johnson from PNG...if you don't know him look him up, a mixture of Card and Jackson together

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post

He is the perfect fit for the UT offense.

Comment

He may still have more growing to do. Jackson is now 6’2 220

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

I don't think either is the future QB at Texas. I'll give that title to Roschon Johnson from PNG...if you don't know him look him up, a mixture of Card and Jackson together
                    This is the correct answer.

Comment

If he can stay healthy, he has a shot. But that's a big IF.

That's why Card gets the edge for me.
                      Last edited by WP4L™; 03-21-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Johnson does not throw the ball anywhere near Card’s level. Let’s see what happens. Maybe Johnson improves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post
                          Johnson does not throw the ball anywhere near Card’s level. Let’s see what happens. Maybe Johnson improves.
                          If Brewer's junior year graded out as an A-, how would you grade Card's junior year accordingly? Just curious....

I do agree that Card is farther long in the passing dept. than Johnson and Jackson. That's my biggest question with the later two, more so w/ Jackson. I need to see how he develops this year in the passing game before the Herman Train rolls into D'Ville.

Comment

Originally posted by titus211 View Post

He is the perfect fit for the UT offense.
                            Without a passing ability, he most certainly isn't.

Card is.

Comment

Originally posted by 92Tiger View Post

If Brewer's junior year graded out as an A-, how would you grade Card's junior year accordingly? Just curious....

I do agree that Card is farther long in the passing dept. than Johnson and Jackson. That's my biggest question with the later two, more so w/ Jackson. I need to see how he develops this year in the passing game before the Herman Train rolls into D'Ville.
                              Probably a B+ for Card. Charlie had more weapons on that 2015 team. That was a great , junior filled, team that simply ran into a buzz saw. Card lost 2 of the 3 big games he played so that holds him back some.

Comment

Working...
                              X