Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

They’re no where near as crazy as us.
    I would be crazy if their wasn’t a state championship since 1937 also. Geesh

Comment

Originally posted by jbabi86 View Post

That is not true.. they are band wagon fans... they barely have fans at their home games.....They may bring a bunch, but it is not the norm.....
      So you live in Longview TEXAS and have made the 3+ hour drive to Beaumont for multiple games to collect data? They have only played Longview once at home. Why would you be there?

I’m sure you’ll come up with something. I’ll wait ✍🏽

Comment

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
        My thing is that Westlake was without their starting QB, starting RB and back up RB. And they still put up 30 points on the Bruins.

Every single game is different. And there's no way the Bruins have a fantastic offense. I don't think it's better than Rockwall's was though. They definitely don't have a player as dynamic as Jaxon Smith, though their QB is definitely a game changer.

Longview just needs to play Longview ball. Turnovers will be big. Penalties will be big. Don't get conservative like we did against the Rebs.

We've fought all season for this chance. I fully believe we'll be ready to stand up to the moment.
        And although Westlake was also missing their best O-lineman at center, the Junior Varsity sophomore RB ran well as the lead ballcarrier - 13 carries for 72 yards. His first 2 varsity carries of 2018 had come in the final minute of the regional finals. Prior to that he hadn't played since the JV season ended.

However - I disagree with the next point. The Bruins do have a fantastic offense. Excellent O-line, lots of speed, and a shifty gamer at QB with a good arm and excellent command of the playbook.

Turnovers will be big if they happen - and whoever gets them needs to capitalize on them with 6 points to get an upper hand. Just getting them and not scoring won't get it done.

None of the kids feel pressure from the 1930s - they're teenagers for goodness sake. Anything before about 2015 is for old people as far as they're concerned. The familiarity and recent history between the two teams is so much more relevant than the length of the championship droughts. Coaches and players know exactly what they're up against, and that will provide a very interesting dynamic.
        Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

And although Westlake was also missing their best O-lineman at center, the Junior Varsity sophomore RB ran well as the lead ballcarrier - 13 carries for 72 yards. His first 2 varsity carries of 2018 had come in the final minute of the regional finals. Prior to that he hadn't played since the JV season ended.

However - I disagree with the next point. The Bruins do have a fantastic offense. Excellent O-line, lots of speed, and a shifty gamer at QB with a good arm and excellent command of the playbook.

Turnovers will be big if they happen - and whoever gets them needs to capitalize on them with 6 points to get an upper hand. Just getting them and not scoring won't get it done.

None of the kids feel pressure from the 1930s - they're teenagers for goodness sake. Anything before about 2015 is for old people as far as they're concerned. The familiarity and recent history between the two teams is so much more relevant than the length of the championship droughts. Coaches and players know exactly what they're up against, and that will provide a very interesting dynamic.

Let me give you all a little insight on how good the West Brook offense is...We NORTH SHORE had to use our top two offensive players (Zach Evans #1 running back in the country 2020, and Shadrach Banks #1 athlete in the country 2021) on defense to slow down the Bruins offense. NS has one of the best defenses in the entire country so let that sink in for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Beaumont_Legend View Post

So you live in Longview TEXAS and have made the 3+ hour drive to Beaumont for multiple games to collect data? They have only played Longview once at home. Why would you be there?

Thing is, you talk out the side of your neck. You do not know ANY of us and you have not the slightest idea of where we all came from. Just because you live in Longview now, does not mean that you have ALWAYS lived here. Is it possible that he was born and raised in Beaumont? Did you think of that? Of course you didn't. Just because there are people here that are Lobo fans, does not mean they were born and raised here. So before you start acting like you know everything, (WHICH YOU CLEARLY DON'T) put your little thinking cap on for just a minute.
            "I am sure you will come up with something, I'll wait!"

GO LOBOS!!!
            BTHO WB!
            LOBO4LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Let me give you all a little insight on how good the West Brook offense is...We NORTH SHORE had to use our top two offensive players (Zach Evans #1 running back in the country 2020, and Shadrach Banks #1 athlete in the country 2021) on defense to slow down the Bruins offense. NS has one of the best defenses in the entire country so let that sink in for a bit
              Yep!
              “Football is tough, it is much tougher in Division 1” -coach at Katy

Comment

I can say... you don't know me... I have been to games there in BMT... and have even traveled to see The Brook play. So before we go down that road..... I know...

Comment

Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post

Thing is, you talk out the side of your neck. You do not know ANY of us and you have not the slightest idea of where we all came from. Just because you live in Longview now, does not mean that you have ALWAYS lived here. Is it possible that he was born and raised in Beaumont? Did you think of that? Of course you didn't. Just because there are people here that are Lobo fans, does not mean they were born and raised here. So before you start acting like you know everything, (WHICH YOU CLEARLY DON'T) put your little thinking cap on for just a minute.
                  "I am sure you will come up with something, I'll wait!"

GO LOBOS!!!
                  BTHO WB!
                  Exactly. You didn’t answer the question. You can’t go to one game and say any of our fans are band wagon. Football is king in Southeast Texas. Google “Football Capital of the world”

The Bruins have had a solid fan base since desegregation laws were established and the school opened in 1982 (state championship year)

This is also not the first year we’ve made a serious playoff push

Stop bath mouthing our fan base and get ready for a punch in the mouth

Beat the h*%# out the the coyotes, stray dogs or whatever the mascot is. Oh and those yellow socks are horrible. 😂😂
                  Last edited by Beaumont_Legend; 12-18-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Man you honestly have no clue.

jbabi86 probably knows more about Beaumont than you do. But I'll let him fill you in on that.

Comment

Originally posted by jbabi86 View Post

I can say... you don't know me... I have been to games there in BMT... and have even traveled to see The Brook play. So before we go down that road..... I know...
                      Yeah ok. You got it bub

Ive been going to games since the 80s. Apparently you never went to a game at Durley stadium

Comment

I would be crazy if their wasn’t a state championship since 1937 also. Geesh
                        2nd ship will come Saturday after we put another 42 points on that weak, non physical West Brook defense.

Tell your boys to tone it down on personal fouls this week also.

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                          Man you honestly have no clue.

jbabi86 probably knows more about Beaumont than you do. But I'll let him fill you in on that.
                          Yeah and I grew up there. Gtfoh

I see a pattern here with you guys. I’m assuming you were around for the last state championship win 😂😎

Comment

Yeah ok. You got it bub

Ive been going to games since the 80s. Apparently you never went to a game at Durley stadium
                            You are quick to assume things... I knew Big "O" personally and remembered when he coached. And remembered when they named the stadium after Coach Durley. Maybe one of the best offensive minded coaches ever...... Like I said... you do not know me.... I go back before West Brook was West Brook......

Ok... bub!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Always a Redskin View Post

Who the hell care about D2 state title game absolute joke
                              Considering Longview can play with both Duncanville and NS...your post has no relevance.

Comment

Yeah and I grew up there. Gtfoh

I see a pattern here with you guys. I’m assuming you were around for the last state championship win 😂😎
                                I was!!!! and the loss to Willowridge in the playoffs the year before....the last year of Hebert High School.......do you remember...?.

Comment

Working...
                                X