Class 6A Division II State Final: Longview vs Beaumont West Brook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beaumont_Legend View Post

Well how big did you want it to be sir? We had more people than Westlake lol
    I hear WB fan base is just a crazy as LV. Should make for a great atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos2011 View Post

That is not true.. they are band wagon fans... they barely have fans at their home games.....They may bring a bunch, but it is not the norm.....

Comment

Originally posted by jbabi86 View Post

That is not true.. they are band wagon fans... they barely have fans at their home games.....They may bring a bunch, but it is not the norm.....
        I dont know where you are getting this data. But how can you have band wagon fans when you most of the people are alums that live in other cities outside of Beaumont. Especially Houston

Comment

Never saw us play them so didnt know from experience. Just heard from others in the houston area

Comment

Who the hell care about D2 state title game absolute joke

Comment

Originally posted by BigSashLHS09 View Post
              BW gives up 30 points to a team that was without its starting quarterback (and I'm hearing the starting center and top running back were also out). No disrespect to BW as the playoffs are a war of attrition, and they did what they needed to to win. The BW quarterback is gonna be a real headache for our defense, but we've been able to buckle down against similar type offenses. If LV comes out and plays the way they are capable then I could see LV winning by 2 scores. Looking forward to an all time classic, and I am dang proud of this Longview team. Thing to watch is how Gavin Roberts replacement handles things. Our line has been pretty good and 64 was a big reason.
              I think LV will win, but beating Westlake was no small task. First BW was the first team all year to put up those kinds of numbers on an excellent Westlake defense. Also Westlake's QB1 was out, but QB2 is 6'5" and throws a baseball 85 mph. Quarterback factories like Westlake and LT, the backup quarterbacks are really good.

LV has a great combination of a high powered offense but they are still salty at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ragtag2007 View Post
                No doubt Longview is pretty beat up right now after the game Saturday. The defensive front got chop blocked all day and the backs got face masked about 10 times and a ton of late hits. And that was just a week after playing an incredibly physical game against Westfield. No one is going to come into the 16th game of the year healthy, but I think West Brook is going to be a bit fresher coming into this one.

Breaking this game down, I think it's going to depend on a few things… if the Lobos can be balanced on offense I think West Brook will struggle to stop them. WB has given up a ton of points in the playoffs. The Lobo passing game has been a bit off in the last 2 weeks.

What it is going to boil down to is can the Longview defense slow down West Brook. I think Longview has the players to do it but I'm not sure those players have their legs right now. They handled these same guys pretty well last year, but week one of the playoffs is very different than week six.
                They are also 16-18 year old young bucks, playing with tons of adrenaline. Unless there are some significant injuries they'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Always a Redskin View Post

Prolly the wannabe whose post I'm quoting....🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Always a Redskin View Post

D2 title game is no joke. None of these games are. There is talent everywhere from 6A D1 to 2A D2, even 1A D1 and D2. It will be a very entertaining four days.
                    I would hope UT and recently crowned Division 3 National champ UMHB tap into this talent and get their fair share.
                    Last edited by OldCatFan; 12-18-2018, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaumont_Legend View Post

I dont know where you are getting this data. But how can you have band wagon fans when you most of the people are alums that live in other cities outside of Beaumont. Especially Houston
                      I have been to home games at the former Butch and the crowds have been almost non existent. I realized there may be some fans that follow on a regular basis but that group is not that large based on what I have observed. To say that those who come, when they are winning, are somehow not bandwagon fans because they are alumni and live in Houston.. is not an excuse... they are bandwagon fans...

Comment

I have been to home games at the former Butch and the crowds have been almost non existent. I realized there may be some fans that follow on a regular basis but that group is not that large based on what I have observed. To say that those who come, when they are winning, are somehow not bandwagon fans because they are alumni and live in Houston.. is not an excuse... they are bandwagon fans...
                        So freaking what if they are bandwagon fans, does it matter?
                        Blue Mountain State

Comment

Originally posted by ray1301 View Post

So freaking what if they are bandwagon fans, does it matter?
                          It was said that the large crowd have been following WB the whole year and in years past... like it is tradition.... and it is not.

I would guess it would not matter... but what message does that send to the team...that we follow you only when you are winning.....

Comment

Beat West Brook, and whomever posted the awful Twitter pic.
                            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                            5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
                            39 District Championships
                            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                            '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

They’re no where near as crazy as us.
                              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                              5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
                              39 District Championships
                              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                              '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Which home game(s) have you attended at Butch?

You’re from Longview correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X