No announcement yet.

Class 6A Division II State Final: Longview vs Beaumont West Brook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW gives up 30 points to a team that was without its starting quarterback (and I'm hearing the starting center and top running back were also out). No disrespect to BW as the playoffs are a war of attrition, and they did what they needed to to win. The BW quarterback is gonna be a real headache for our defense, but we've been able to buckle down against similar type offenses. If LV comes out and plays the way they are capable then I could see LV winning by 2 scores. Looking forward to an all time classic, and I am dang proud of this Longview team. Thing to watch is how Gavin Roberts replacement handles things. Our line has been pretty good and 64 was a big reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos2011 View Post

I really just couldnt stand his lisp... or the fact is he was a nervous wreck announcing calls on the jumbotron😂.
      We were making fun of the lisp and the ‘wild’ eyes... did you notice he did not stay around to shake hands...

Comment

Originally posted by BigSashLHS09 View Post
        BW gives up 30 points to a team that was without its starting quarterback (and I'm hearing the starting center and top running back were also out). No disrespect to BW as the playoffs are a war of attrition, and they did what they needed to to win. The BW quarterback is gonna be a real headache for our defense, but we've been able to buckle down against similar type offenses. If LV comes out and plays the way they are capable then I could see LV winning by 2 scores. Looking forward to an all time classic, and I am dang proud of this Longview team. Thing to watch is how Gavin Roberts replacement handles things. Our line has been pretty good and 64 was a big reason.
        The reason I give West Brook the edge is because they have already faced the best team they are going to face this year when they played North Shore and even though it was a total beat down they didn't quit and took away a few things that could possibly help them this weekend versus Longview. Longview is under the gun and facing a lot of pressure to get this done due to past history and what some people felt were letdowns, West Brook can play relaxed and go all out because they have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post
          Don’t know which Longview team will show up...inconsistent play for a full game...should play into WBs favor
          King Wolf - no disrespect intended with my question.. but have you personally attended the last two games?

The game in Waco - that was a sloppy game for both teams because the weather was a big part of it.

The game with Taco Sauce - that was dirty ball being played. I know boys are rough out there. We all know the smack talk that happens but #1 and #7 of Tascosa needed to be ejected from the game. grabbing a facemask and shaking a kid is bad ball game...

both games Coach King was trying to play conservatively because he wanted the boys to win. This team is a mighty fine team and the last time the Lobos got the playoffs... Trent Williams and Chris Ivory were Lobos... and they didn't win the game. Coach King thinks this group of boys have that same caliber of players. He did not want the boys to lose because of a dirty ballgame or wild hail mary plays.... we had coaches up in the press boxes calling plays down - we had boys getting their clocks cleaned illegally ... and our boys were trying to keep it classy ... so really... I mean no disrespect, but the last two games are not normal games.

We will meet the Bruins again and we have an advantage because the last time we played them... was just last year. Our boys that played that game are still with us. They had a bunch graduate. We have home field advantage on lots of parts... we know the AT&T stadium well ... our seniors and juniors played those boys last year and won.

This will probably be a bit of a rough game too because both teams want a win. They both can taste it. But I feel that since they beat us by 1 point when they had home field advantage, but when we had the home-field advantage we dominated that game. Since I feel we have home field advantage this week, but since they have won so far... I say we win by a bit.

Comment

No doubt Longview is pretty beat up right now after the game Saturday. The defensive front got chop blocked all day and the backs got face masked about 10 times and a ton of late hits. And that was just a week after playing an incredibly physical game against Westfield. No one is going to come into the 16th game of the year healthy, but I think West Brook is going to be a bit fresher coming into this one.

Breaking this game down, I think it's going to depend on a few things… if the Lobos can be balanced on offense I think West Brook will struggle to stop them. WB has given up a ton of points in the playoffs. The Lobo passing game has been a bit off in the last 2 weeks.

What it is going to boil down to is can the Longview defense slow down West Brook. I think Longview has the players to do it but I'm not sure those players have their legs right now. They handled these same guys pretty well last year, but week one of the playoffs is very different than week six.

Comment

Originally posted by OakCliff-Lobo View Post
              The game with Taco Sauce - that was dirty ball being played. I know boys are rough out there. We all know the smack talk that happens but #1 and #7 of Tascosa needed to be ejected from the game. grabbing a facemask and shaking a kid is bad ball game...
              Tascosa was definitely the most dirty team we've played all season.

I thought it was going to be Westfield, but those Rebels were full on grabbing facemasks all night long, taking dirty cheap shots after the play was done and over with, chop blocking all night. It was ridiculous how many calls they got away with. And of course we lost Gavin to one of their dirty plays, that again went uncalled, on the last play of the first half.

I don't think it gets much better this week with WB and our history the last two years with them tbh. But hopefully we have a crew that will have the you know what to set things straight from the start of the game.
              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
              5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
              39 District Championships
              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
              '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

I’m not sure what to say. But this will be a dog fight

Westlake was without their starter at QB

But they arguably have one of the top 5 best coaches in the state

Comment

Originally posted by OakCliff-Lobo View Post

King Wolf - no disrespect intended with my question.. but have you personally attended the last two games?

The game in Waco - that was a sloppy game for both teams because the weather was a big part of it.

both games Coach King was trying to play conservatively because he wanted the boys to win. This team is a mighty fine team and the last time the Lobos got the playoffs... Trent Williams and Chris Ivory were Lobos... and they didn't win the game. Coach King thinks this group of boys have that same caliber of players. He did not want the boys to lose because of a dirty ballgame or wild hail mary plays.... we had coaches up in the press boxes calling plays down - we had boys getting their clocks cleaned illegally ... and our boys were trying to keep it classy ... so really... I mean no disrespect, but the last two games are not normal games.

We will meet the Bruins again and we have an advantage because the last time we played them... was just last year. Our boys that played that game are still with us. They had a bunch graduate. We have home field advantage on lots of parts... we know the AT&T stadium well ... our seniors and juniors played those boys last year and won.

This will probably be a bit of a rough game too because both teams want a win. They both can taste it. But I feel that since they beat us by 1 point when they had home field advantage, but when we had the home-field advantage we dominated that game. Since I feel we have home field advantage this week, but since they have won so far... I say we win by a bit.
                  None taken...I have been to every playoff game...we need a full game from this team which includes the coach...we do that then we can play with any team in the state...it will take a great game to defeat Westbrook...we can’t be flat or try to force things to change momentum...we need to do what we do...make them stop us....we do that and the boys will bring it home..

Comment

Originally posted by Beaumont_Legend View Post
                    I’m not sure what to say. But this will be a dog fight

Westlake was without their starter at QB

But they arguably have one of the top 5 best coaches in the state
                    Agree...this will be a great game...with or without their QB you guys beat Todd Dodge and Westlake...can’t wait until Saturday

Comment

My thing is that Westlake was without their starting QB, starting RB and back up RB. And they still put up 30 points on the Bruins.

Every single game is different. And there's no way the Bruins have a fantastic offense. I don't think it's better than Rockwall's was though. They definitely don't have a player as dynamic as Jaxon Smith, though their QB is definitely a game changer.

Longview just needs to play Longview ball. Turnovers will be big. Penalties will be big. Don't get conservative like we did against the Rebs.

We've fought all season for this chance. I fully believe we'll be ready to stand up to the moment.
                      THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                      5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
                      39 District Championships
                      '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                      '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                      '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                      '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                      '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Tascosa was definitely the most dirty team we've played all season.

I thought it was going to be Westfield, but those Rebels were full on grabbing facemasks all night long, taking dirty cheap shots after the play was done and over with, chop blocking all night. It was ridiculous how many calls they got away with. And of course we lost Gavin to one of their dirty plays, that again went uncalled, on the last play of the first half.

I don't think it gets much better this week with WB and our history the last two years with them tbh. But hopefully we have a crew that will have the you know what to set things straight from the start of the game.
                        Just to clarify, chop blocks are legal in Texas as long as they are in the front, not crackbacks or part of double teams. Longview chops sometimes to clear out a quick slant. Tascosa chopped a lot at the LOS, part of their scheme. Its one of the reasons defenses get worn out against their scheme. They are literally trying to take out your legs every play.
                        Last edited by ragtag2007; 12-17-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaumont_Legend View Post
                          3 playoff games between these two teams in 3 years lol

East TX v SE TX
                          You guys didn't bring that big of a crowd to Katy last Saturday. Are ya'll going to travel better to the State Final? Those kids need your support.

This should be a good game like like the D1 contest. What a weekend coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by ragtag2007 View Post

Just to clarify, chop blocks are legal in Texas as long as they are in the front, not crackbacks or part of double teams. Longview chops sometimes to clear out a quick slant. Tascosa chopped a lot at the LOS, part of their scheme. Its one of the reasons defenses get worn out against their scheme. They are literally trying to take out your legs every play.
                            They are not legal they way they were blocking...wrapping up and rolling is not legal lol

Comment

https://youtu.be/Et0mOcmMfbA
                              Twitter: @Booster73Lobo www.LobosFootball.com

Comment

Originally posted by ktCarl View Post

You guys didn't bring that big of a crowd to Katy last Saturday. Are ya'll going to travel better to the State Final? Those kids need your support.

This should be a good game like like the D1 contest. What a weekend coming up!
                                Well how big did you want it to be sir? We had more people than Westlake lol

Comment

Working...
                                X