No announcement yet.

Class 6A Division II State Final: Longview vs Beaumont West Brook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is what the Longview boys are going to do... they are going to practice like they have since July... they are going to load up on the buses... get to the stadium and have fun playing ball. They are going to stay classy while they have fun doing what they have been doing for 10+ years.. playing ball. And if a pep rally gets planned - they will have a practice at that time because the coaches do not want the boys getting sucked into the hype.

That is is the game plan... I guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that is what will happen because that is what they are taught to do...

Comment

• Originally posted by thechief View Post

I think LV will win, but beating Westlake was no small task. First BW was the first team all year to put up those kinds of numbers on an excellent Westlake defense. Also Westlake's QB1 was out, but QB2 is 6'5" and throws a baseball 85 mph. Quarterback factories like Westlake and LT, the backup quarterbacks are really good.

LV has a great combination of a high powered offense but they are still salty at the same time.
      I’m not a Longview fan, so I think it’s safe for me to say this, being an outsider.

Of course Longview should win, North Shore won big over West Brook. If Longview wants to prove they are just as good as anyone in the state they better do the same, right? Honestly though, West Brook doesn’t stand a chance. The numbers they put up on Westlake was impressive, but other than that, they haven’t done anything too impressive for being a good team.

Westlake has a tough defense but they didn’t exactly face the best of teams, just goes to show how tough region three was as a whole this year. Longview should still be more than capable of getting the job done.
      Last edited by Cprice17; 12-19-2018, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Lucas View Post

Say, man. Do you want to schedule a game against Longview. I can PROMISE you John King the head coach is a phone call away. We can show you better than we can tell you that this team ain't no got-damn pushover and that y'alls damn super enrollment doesn't matter to us. Ask the Allen Eagles.
        Lollllllllllllllllll.......We'll play anyone any time. And for the record Coach King wont take that matchup

Comment

• Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Lollllllllllllllllll.......We'll play anyone any time. And for the record Coach King wont take that matchup
          Lol yes he would

Comment

• Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

Wow........ And, you know this HOW??? the last damn time I checked, the Houston and greater Houston area schools are the ones acting like traveling beyond Beltway 8 is some form of an atrocity. You apparently haven't seen our track record across the nation of "top dogs" we have played and most if not all were televised regionally by Fox Sports Southwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
              Considering Longview can play with both Duncanville and NS...your post has no relevance.
              LOL --- good joke there!!!! not in a million years that will happened...Thanks for making my day.
              There's no need to fear, Katy is here!

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                What would Cy-Fair and Katy do to Longview?
                Cy Fair -- not sure about them but as for Katy - 48 to 14 Katy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos2011 View Post

So... your telling me NS beats longview 56-17, but longview beats cy fair 35-21. NS beat cy fair 38-21🤔. Want to understand your logic?
                  Didn't Cy Fair score 14 points on NS 2nd and 3rd stringers? There is your logic right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Lucas View Post

Wow........ And, you know this HOW??? the last damn time I checked, the Houston and greater Houston area schools are the ones acting like traveling beyond Beltway 8 is some form of an atrocity. You apparently haven't seen our track record across the nation of "top dogs" we have played and most if not all were televised regionally by Fox Sports Southwest.
                    I know this because I know Coach Kay and all the coaches on the staff and who we want to play, who'll play us and who wont. In regards to traveling past the Beltway to go play a football game there is no need to with the amount of quality teams right here in the city that can give us a good game. No knock against Longview at all I know you guys have a great program and tradition out there and if the circumstances ever presented itself I'm sure we'd love to get you guys on the schedule somewhere down the road but at this present moment it just doesn't make sense for us. We win so what we were suppose to win, we lose the sky is falling. We're trying to get into the same category as Allen/LT/SLC/Katy so we schedule accordingly

Comment

• Being bated by people that should be talking in the losers lounge is not being constructive. No one is even talking about this game. No one should care whether we would or wouldn't play a Houston team in pre-district. We have one team to play this week and that is Wes Brook. That should be the focus. Not what could or should happen in some fictitious game.
                      Non Lobo fans beware, you are not arguing with every week Lobo fans. We have fair weather and bandwagon fans or worse, same as any other team playing this week. All this other mess is just that, a mess!

Go Lobos!
                      Beat WB!
                      Last edited by LOBOFAN84; 12-19-2018, 09:24 AM.
                      LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• Yawn

Beat the Bruins
                        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                        5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
                        39 District Championships
                        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                        '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Beat West Brook

Comment

• Lobos.

Comment

• Lord...this thread. Good luck lobos!!
                              LSU
                              LUFKIN PANTHERS

2001 5A DIVISION II State Champs

R.I.P Coach Outlaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Cprice17 View Post

I’m not a Longview fan, so I think it’s safe for me to say this, being an outsider.

Of course Longview should win, North Shore won big over West Brook. If Longview wants to prove they are just as good as anyone in the state they better do the same, right? Honestly though, West Brook doesn’t stand a chance. The numbers they put up on Westlake was impressive, but other than that, they haven’t done anything too impressive for being a good team.

Westlake has a tough defense but they didn’t exactly face the best of teams, just goes to show how tough region three was as a whole this year. Longview should still be more than capable of getting the job done.
                                I'm an outsider too, but Longview has a really good, interesting team this year. They are a lot of fun to watch. West Brook's main issue is going to be defense, they don't play it very well and LV has an explosive offense. The gave up a lot of points to a good but not great Westlake offense. I was really surprised at how they moved the ball against Westlake, though. Westlake's defense was really good this year, they held Lake Travis to 7 points (not counting a kickoff return) which was similar to what North Shore did.

Comment

Working...
                                X