Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manvel!!!! Most unfortunate football team in TXHSFB history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
    So they got beat down a lot of years by better teams/programs. Not sure how that makes them unfortunate tbh. The Highland Park year, yes I can see. But besides that?
    I completely agree

They have had some very good teams but simply were NOT good enough to get that big trophy.

It's a big hurdle to overcome for any program.

Comment

Originally posted by FBFan View Post
      Off the top of my head I believe that Westlake and Judson have played for and lost the most state championships if that makes sense.

I want to say they have been in like ten state championships and only won three or four of them. That would be pretty tough. In recent history Manvell definitely is up there though.

Westlake is 4-7 in SC games and Judson is 5-7 in title games on the field along with a 6th title via a forfeit by D Carter in 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Clemensbuff View Post

Westlake is 4-7 in SC games and Judson is 5-7 in title games on the field along with a 6th title via a forfeit by D Carter in 1988
        Hey but now we're on a roll! We were 1-7 not very long ago with multiple OT losses.
        Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

Hey but now we're on a roll! We were 1-7 not very long ago with multiple OT losses.

Ya think! lmao

Hey, and if not for an extremely bad call in one of those title games WL would have 5 titles right now already

Comment

Working...
          X