2021 5A Division 2 Final: South Oak Cliff vs Liberty Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
    I don't get that at all. Like at all. If you're going to go for it, just go for it.
    Aledo also did that against SOC. I think the coaches trust the kicker to make that decision, if it is open go for it but if not then punt. I dont hate that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by aledoalumni View Post

Aledo also did that against SOC. I think the coaches trust the kicker to make that decision, if it is open go for it but if not then punt. I dont hate that idea.
      No I get it that in normal circumstances. But with your season on the line? Eh. I don’t get it one bit. Line up and go for it.
      THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
      5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
      40 District Championships
      '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
      '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
      '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
      '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
      '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Great interview of SOC HC Jason Todd. He said 90% of this team comes back next year.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/61752...ch-jason-todd/

Comment

Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post
          Great interview of SOC HC Jason Todd. He said 90% of this team comes back next year.

I think the QB is a senior, he was the one that was the most difficult to defend. They dont beat us with a less talented QB. SOC should be the favorite but now they have to do it all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

No I get it that in normal circumstances. But with your season on the line? Eh. I don’t get it one bit. Line up and go for it.
            We are talking about two different fake punts. I was thinking the one that got called back because of the holding call. Not the throw. Yeah idk what he was thinking about that call. Like you said just go for it with your offense. I believe if LH plays SOC straight up without the onside and fake punts they would have been better off. They put themselves in bad positions.

Comment

I think the QB is a senior, he was the one that was the most difficult to defend. They dont beat us with a less talented QB. SOC should be the favorite but now they have to do it all over again.
              He is. He said his replacement is a JR that has pretty good promise.

the fortunate thing though is you all will be in different divisions next season. Not having Aledo in their path helps
              Last edited by jbell73986; 12-21-2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

He is. He said his replacement is a JR that has pretty good promise.

the fortunate thing though is you all will be in different divisions next season. Not having Aledo in their path helps
                Yeah but D2 is still solid with Mansfield Summit and Colleyville Heritage dropping down. But we are 1-1 with SOC. If they beat us in '18 I think they win state and if we beat them in '21 I think we do.

Comment

Yeah but D2 is still solid with Mansfield Summit and Colleyville Heritage dropping down. But we are 1-1 with SOC. If they beat us in '18 I think they win state and if we beat them in '21 I think we do.
                  Yes, their program has knocked on the door in the past. but they have the blueprint for what it takes to win it all and with the abundance of talent coming back they have a great opportunity.

Comment

I wonder how many of SOC's top players will end up at Duncanville next year?

Comment

Originally posted by SoutheastTX View Post
                      I wonder how many of SOC's top players will end up at Duncanville next year?
                      Why would they leave when they can repeat?

Comment

And 40% are from surrounding school districts.

Comment

Noteworthy: It was only fitting today after the SOC Championship parade that Duncanville Coach Samples introduced SOC Coach Jason Todd, whom he credits as being a son to him, taught and coached him, and was a part of Samps coaching staffs. Very moving and befitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
                            Noteworthy: It was only fitting today after the SOC Championship parade that Duncanville Coach Samples introduced SOC Coach Jason Todd, whom he credits as being a son to him, taught and coached him, and was a part of Samps coaching staffs. Very moving and befitting.

That is AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by pied View Post

That is AWESOME.
                              Yes it is. Just one of the many unnoticed(by many all they see and know is on the field failures) deeds and successes by Coach Samples. Which to some is far greater than any on field championship.

Comment

Speaking today after the parade celebration, Coach mentioned that he and team are not satisfied with just the one championship, gave thanks to the players for their hard work ethics and how player shut out and overcame the negativity and adversity, thanks to the neighborhood supporters who checked in on the players and who might have needed assistance of any sort, thanks to the feeder middle schools and to Coach Samples, and how he was not the first choice as head coach but an outsider who was using position as a bargaining tool for $$ with others. Amazing speech from the heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X