No announcement yet.

5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminder on ways to follow tomorrow's game....

Longview radio - 106.5 JACK FM

Denton Ryan radio - 88.1 FM KNTU (If Ryan has a broadcast, it'll be on this one)

Radio - TexasSportsProductions.com

Dallas/Fort Worth - CW33.com or CW33 on TV (Only if you're in the Metroplex)

East Texas - KETK.com or KTPN (Only if you're in East Texas)

Outside of DFW/East Texas - TexanLive OR NFHSNetwork
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Denton Ryan may be good but to see so many people say they will blow us out is absurd Longview has ALWAYS played their best while being in the “underdog” role #LOBOUP #LOBO NATION #WOLFPACK 08

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post
        Ryan would potentially be competing for a 6A SC. One of the best 5A teams in the 6A era, ever.
        Ever?? Are they really they good.? I mean I didn’t really see any opponents they played that were that good did I miss something .??

Comment

https://twitter.com/mycoskie/status/...239197699?s=21 <——- One link to stream the game free here

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack74 View Post
            Ever?? Are they really they good.? I mean I didn’t really see any opponents they played that were that good did I miss something .??
            I see lots of folks parroting the same thing. I'm not buying it.
            Þetta reddast!

Comment

Night before the storm.

No one but LOBO NATION believes in you LOBOS. Shock the world.
              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
              5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
              40 District Championships
              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
              '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

6A started when, 2013? I wasn't including the 5A period, the LT teams and others in 4A could challenge. This Ryan team is stacked with talent and they know how to use it. The judgement is still out, they haven't finished, but the potential is there. Go beat em and make me wrong, I am good with that. 👊
                “Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” --Voltaire

"There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Comment

I agree I mean the best teams in my opinion that they played were guyer and lone star and they didn’t beat either one of those team’s handily so I think Longview will shock some people this week and that will be all the momentum we need next week in the REMATCH against highland park LETS GO BOS!!!!! #LOBONATION

Comment

I agree I mean the best teams in my opinion that they played were guyer and lone star and they didn’t beat either one of those team’s handily so I think Longview will shock some people this week and that will be all the momentum we need next week in the REMATCH against highland park LETS GO BOS!!!!! #LOBONATION
                    Martin is pretty good.
                    “Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” --Voltaire

"There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Comment

I like coach king but everybody in Longview knows his offense is one dimensional when we have a team that can bottle up the run he has NOO creativity on offense this has been the SAME sad song for years even back to Katy it’s no coincidence Longview won state with Haynes king which made our offense more balanced but since Haynes was groomed as a QB coach king didn’t have to DEVELOP a quarterback I KNOW the QB is a sophomore but damn develop him thru the year against weaker opponents I been saying that all year the run game will be there but what will you do when teams BOTTLE that up smh KIDS PLAYED GREAT ESPECIALLY BERRY AND THE DEFENSE Denton Ryan was good but we had our chances I’m sorry I love coach king but LONGVIEW NEEDS TO THROW THE HOUSE AT COACH SCOTT SURRATT AND WITH THAT BEING SAID LOBO NATION FOREVER ✌🏽

Comment

I like coach king but everybody in Longview knows his offense is one dimensional when we have a team that can bottle up the run he has NOO creativity on offense this has been the SAME sad song for years even back to Katy it’s no coincidence Longview won state with Haynes king which made our offense more balanced but since Haynes was groomed as a QB coach king didn’t have to DEVELOP a quarterback I KNOW the QB is a sophomore but damn develop him thru the year against weaker opponents I been saying that all year the run game will be there but what will you do when teams BOTTLE that up smh KIDS PLAYED GREAT ESPECIALLY BERRY AND THE DEFENSE Denton Ryan was good but we had our chances I’m sorry I love coach king but LONGVIEW NEEDS TO THROW THE HOUSE AT COACH SCOTT SURRATT AND WITH THAT BEING SAID LOBO NATION FOREVER ✌🏽
                        Ok I waited a while to post this:

I agree with you in regards to developing the QB and opening up the offense when teams bottle up the run game.

(By the way...not opening up the O has been a Longview issue for generations).

With that said...

How often do you see Longview going up against a D-Line (or a D in general) like Ryan's??? This game was simply strength vs strength. Ryan's strength won this day.

Comment

Frosty4024 I agree the defensive line was great one of the best I’ve seen and coach king himself said the best he’s seen in his 20 years at Longview WITH THAT BEING SAID why continue to run the ball which they KNEW we would do all game ..? I saw no GAMEPLAN no passes to the running backs no screen passes to jalen hale to keep the defensive line off Jordan Allen etc this is what a good coach would do not continue to run the damn ball into that wall of a defensive line!!!! Like I said I love coach king and played for him as well but coach Scott Suratt from Carthage should be on the first thing smoking to Longview we need a more balanced scheme plain and simple this isn’t 1980 it’s a reason most teams switched and run spread offenses now even college and nfl the days of just lining it up and running over people are done!!!

Comment

I would say John berry but he’s more of a defensive guru not sure how he would handle play calling duties but if Longview won’t get Suratt which they probably won’t in my opinion Jon writt the receivers coach would be great for a head coach just a thought

Comment

Oh and jalen hale is a MONSTER we need to find more ways to get the young man the ball i don’t care who the quarterback is and I’m also interested in why the QB grant didn’t play in my opinion he clearly had the better arm of the two quarterbacks

Comment

Frosty4024 I agree the defensive line was great one of the best I’ve seen and coach king himself said the best he’s seen in his 20 years at Longview WITH THAT BEING SAID why continue to run the ball which they KNEW we would do all game ..? I saw no GAMEPLAN no passes to the running backs no screen passes to jalen hale to keep the defensive line off Jordan Allen etc this is what a good coach would do not continue to run the damn ball into that wall of a defensive line!!!! Like I said I love coach king and played for him as well but coach Scott Suratt from Carthage should be on the first thing smoking to Longview we need a more balanced scheme plain and simple this isn’t 1980 it’s a reason most teams switched and run spread offenses now even college and nfl the days of just lining it up and running over people are done!!!
                                Not necessarily...See last year's 49ers for example. Or watch Alabama.

If you can dominate up front... there's no need to go spread.

Comment

Working...
                                X