Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the 5a div1 favorites this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the 5a div1 favorites this year?

I think Manor could be a sleeper team.
    I saw some of their juniors and sophomores play when they were in middle school. They were good.
    Last edited by fullspeed; 08-09-2019, 08:03 AM.

I'd think Highland Park would have to a favorite. I'd think Denton Ryan would be in the mix again? What about Shadow Creek, they had that crazy run last year... can they do it again? Hows Cedar Park looking this year? I remember last year was a bit of a down year for them.

I'm not too knowledgeable about who's who in 5a, so i might be off the mark or missing quite a few.

Comment

I think Richmond Foster and Shadow Creek are going to be the teams to beat this year in R3. East Texas should have 2 very good teams in Tyler John Tyler and Lufkin.
      District Championships

Comment

Ah yes Highland Park. I just picked up the DCTF magazine today and they have them pre-season ranked #1. A quick glace also looks like they have one of the largest rosters in the state regardless of classification. I'll keep an eye on fellow region 2 team Frisco Lone Star. They only lost to them by a FG last year.

Comment

Wagner loses their QB Tobias Weaver to the Naval Academy, but they have RB LJ Butler and DE DeMarkus Hendricks both All-State selections. They are Region 4 favorites to get back to the Semis and hopefully get revenge on Shadow Creek in a rematch.

​​​
          Last edited by JGTexasTough; 08-15-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Their game vs 6A Judson is one of the top matchup on DCTF. Gave the Rockets their hardest match in the regular season and are Judson ISD rivals.

Comment

From the north, Denton Ryan and Highland Park are probably the favorites along with some other usual suspects (Frisco Lone Star, Lancaster, Mansfield Timberview). Tyler John Tyler should be very good from out east.

A couple of dark horse teams to watch from up here:

Birdville returns a good quarterback, a hoss running back, some good receivers, and a lot of a really good defense. A tough out for anybody.
              Azle also has a bunch back from a really good team
              Last edited by Early Panther Dad; Yesterday, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X